My online case status changes. Please help

Christian333

Hello everybody.
Thanks for sharing information
I tried many times to check my asylum case online but it was shown error until one day after the interview it has changed to be “asylum decision is pending,,, you completed your interview”
Does it mean a denial since it hasn’t changed to be new card had issued?
Is it possible for the officer to take the decision and reviewed it with supervisor the same day?

Please share you experiences about that
Thanks

No, The USCIS check status online site did not allow asylum status check before. It was showing an error message that the site can not recognize your receipt number, which is the one starts with Z. Only if your case is approved, the site was showing "EAD card is waived." However, a few days ago, the USCIS site made new changes on their site, and allowed case status check for asylum cases. To summarize, the message that appears now on the site is the actual status of your case.

No, The USCIS check status online site did not allow asylum status check before. It was showing an error message that the site can not recognize your receipt number, which is the one starts with Z. Only if your case is approved, the site was showing "EAD card is waived." However, a few days ago, the USCIS site made new changes on their site, and allowed case status check for asylum cases. To summarize, the message that appears now on the site is the actual status of your case.
I read on this forum that if the case got denial ir recommended approval it doesn’t show on the system
The system recognizes the case only when it’s approved
Do you think it could be this way? Or it’s just new policy and updates do show regardless? Do you know any other cases got updates recently?
Thank you

What you read was right until few days ago. The online system changed and shows every case status exactly. Such as: case submitted, interview done, decision pending and so on

I am sorry to say that, a lot of people got excited when they found the online system showing their cases. As per the old belief, it was a sign of case approval, and the USCIS sent to issue the work authorization. Only then, the system can recognize the case.
Now, this has completely changed, once you search your case, it will appear and shows where it is now.
AND YES, I SAW A LOT OF PEOPLE IN SAME SITUATION. " DECISION PENDING"

I am sorry to say that, a lot of people got excited when they found the online system showing their cases. As per the old belief, it was a sign of case approval, and the USCIS sent to issue the work authorization. Only then, the system can recognize the case.
Now, this has completely changed, once you search your case, it will appear and shows where it is now.
AND YES, I SAW A LOT OF PEOPLE IN SAME SITUATION. " DECISION PENDING"
Thanks.

I got my case approved and my status showing decision was mailed. A month ago I got my approval letter but I didn’t receive my EAD yet and my status is not changing to the EAD details...what must be the reason?

I got my case approved and my status showing decision was mailed. A month ago I got my approval letter but I didn’t receive my EAD yet and my status is not changing to the EAD details...what must be the reason?
Did you mean that your asylum case get approved?

First of all, congratulations.
Second, the estimated time range for Processing time for Application for Employment Authorization (I-765), based on an approved asylum application [(a)(5)], is 3 Months to 5 Months.
As per today, the Receipt date for a case inquiry is August 25, 2018.
Keep tracking your mailbox, sure it will arrive soon. Also, keep tracking case status online and check processing tomes for I-765 online.

Thank you somuch for letting me know
Second, the estimated time range for Processing time for Application for Employment Authorization (I-765), based on an approved asylum application [(a)(5)], is 3 Months to 5 Months.
Keep tracking your mailbox, sure it will arrive soon. Also, keep tracking case status online and check processing tomes for I-765 online.
thank you somuch for letting me know

I have a question, please

The officer told me the decision might take a week but it has been more than this and I haven’t received nothing yet
Can the government shutdown affect mailing decisions?
Thanks

When the officer says one or two weeks to receive the decision, that is based on his point of view regarding your case. However, a decision never to be issued without the revision of the supervisor whom may have different point of view. He may disagree with the officer, may agree to issue the decision, or may request further security check which will lead to delay in the decision.
For the shutdown part and its affect on the mailing system, I don't have any idea. Sorry.

I have no idea how the shutdown effects mailing decisions I received my decision letter on 21st December a few days before shut down....still I received my SSN in a week during shut down

When the officer says one or two weeks to receive the decision, that is based on his point of view regarding your case. However, a decision never to be issued without the revision of the supervisor whom may have different point of view. He may disagree with the officer, may agree to issue the decision, or may request further security check which will lead to delay in the decision.
For the shutdown part and its affect on the mailing system, I don't have any idea. Sorry.
Absolutely true......

Thanks for your reply
I really appreciate you
I know for sure that Immigration Courts are closed during the shutdown
Let us pray it will be approval letter. What would they say in it?
On the otherhand
Do they provide info on what date is ur first hearing if it’s a referral letter ?
Sorry for asking to many questions

Thanks

Be optimistic. I really wish you receive your notice of approval as soon as possible.which, by the way, is a letter from USCIS informing that your case is approved accompanied with your I 94. The other scenario is Notice of Intent to Deny if you are currently in valid status and found ineligible for asylum. You will have 16 days to provide a response to the letter "appeal". The Asylum Officer will then either approve or deny the claim.

Be optimistic. I really wish you receive your notice of approval as soon as possible.which, by the way, is a letter from USCIS informing that your case is approved accompanied with your I 94. The other scenario is Notice of Intent to Deny if you are currently in valid status and found ineligible for asylum. You will have 16 days to provide a response to the letter "appeal". The Asylum Officer will then either approve or deny the claim.
Thanks dear
I hope so,,,

What if it was out of status?
No NIOD will be sent ? Do they usually include the first hearing date?

They will send referral notice "denial letter" attached with another form called I-862 "Notice of appear" to appear in court in front of immigration judge. Anyway, that's too early to ask for that. What I understood from your previous posts, that you did your interview and waiting now for your decision. Go to online status check and recheck again. If it is still decision pending for long time then you possibly will not be referred to the court. Bad results comes very fast.

They will send referral notice "denial letter" attached with another form called I-862 "Notice of appear" to appear in court in front of immigration judge. Anyway, that's too early to ask for that. What I understood from your previous posts, that you did your interview and waiting now for your decision. Go to online status check and recheck again. If it is still decision pending for long time then you possibly will not be referred to the court. Bad results comes very fast.

I have a true claim and I trust in Lord. But the system and process don’t care sometimes. I am -unfortunately- an overthinking person. That’s why I have negative thoughts like the decision might be referral and they wait until the shutdown is ended to send the decision!
That’s why I’m curious to know all the possibilities.
But thanks for your kindness and pure wishes and intentions
I will keep you posted