• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Kenyan Selectees

hi give me contacts of your agents i try my luck next year
I cant advise anyone to use agents, kindly do it your own or go to a cyber and do the applications there and please ask for confirmation number so that you will be accessing everything by yourself....as for photos there is a tool online that is what the majority uses.....agents will put you through hell my dear.

Through with my medicals everything was fine apart from my x rays which was not clear ,had to go for an extra 3 days to give out sputum samples apparently they need to rule out TB before they clear me it will take 8 weeks for the results to come out this is the beginning of the 5th..............
As for costs did everything at IOM including vaccinations which came to around 33300Ksh
If you have issues with your Xray you will need an additional 9100 for the samples

For KNEC certificate confirmation visited knec offices in south c immediately i received my 2nl with a copy of the cert,filled form downloaded from the knecs website.They charge 2320 for the confirmation but do not take mpesa you have to visit the bank . I found national bank convenient they have well labelled knec banking slips .Also pay for yourself the cashier asked if it was my cert i was confirming not sure why.Will be passing by knec offices this week to see if they sent the results
I went through this with my Xray. Btw once you miss your interview send an email to the embassy and leave your contacts so that they can book another date for you. And also there's a website where you fill in reason for missing the interview. Once your results are ready (negative) you'll get your visa you'll have a very short time to travel(activate your status) After few weeks you'll get a letter to go get tested for TB again. I did my tests and I'll be on medication soon. All the best

I went through this with my Xray. Btw once you miss your interview send an email to the embassy and leave your contacts so that they can book another date for you. And also there's a website where you fill in reason for missing the interview. Once your results are ready (negative) you'll get your visa you'll have a very short time to travel(activate your status) After few weeks you'll get a letter to go get tested for TB again. I did my tests and I'll be on medication soon. All the best
Thanks for the info.Do you have a link to the website.The embassy has already notified me they will schedule an appointment once they get my results .How long did it take you to get the interview date after the 8 weeks had lapsed mine will be on Jan 4 then collect the xrays cds a week later.
Why have they put you on medication if the sputum samples came back negative

Thanks for the info.Do you have a link to the website.The embassy has already notified me they will schedule an appointment once they get my results .How long did it take you to get the interview date after the 8 weeks had lapsed mine will be on Jan 4 then collect the xrays cds a week later.
Why have they put you on medication if the sputum samples came back negative
You know where you entered your delivery details? Same website. But if the embassy said they reschedule then thats okay. So after the 8 weeks my results were taken to the embassy that same day(on a friday) so I was called and asked if I was available that Monday. But the 6 months are counted from your interview date and you'll notice your visa will expire fast. So I hope you'll pass your interview you better start saving airfare money. The reason for another test is they want to see if the TB is active. Mine is not but they said that type of inactive Tb is very common.. So I'll get meds from there.

Hello I have a question my mom was a principal to be selected for dv, but the problem was my dad photo was incorrect because she used an agent to apply for her. they went for interview brought out religious marriage certificate , they were told to bring government issued marriage certificate after 3 days. Today they were called to go to embassy, when my dad went they gave me letter about refusal because of wrong photos under section INA(a)(2)(A) . is it the valid reason

Just an update on this, might help someone.

I was able to save some 20k by doing some vaccines at the City Council (City Hall) and some at the Centre for Tropical and Travel Medicine (MMR, Influenza, I did yellow Fever since i dint have the card although later i learnt its not a must). I got clearance and the CD, Wrote to the Embassy (immigrationvisanairobi@state.gov) they replied quite fast and confirmed my KNEC Certificates have been delivered. Now on my knees waiting for the interview next week
Hey Joyce M kindly inform me on the vaccinations you took on city council and those others at tropical travel medicine.

Got approved last week picked up travel documents yesterday.Will summarize my journey challenges and solutions hopefully they will help someone down the road .

Edv: 24th October 2017
1NL: Late May 2018 Case number 94xx
2Nl :Late October 2018
Initial interview date:Mid Dec 2018
Actual interrview date: Mid Feb

Challenges :
1. ID -Though not part of the process the ID is a integral part when applying for a passport .Do not apply for one if their are conflicting details between the ID and birth certificate it will not be processed. Mine was month and date of birth .
To solve this i visited nyayo house (where they handle immigration matters) and adviced to visit any center where they register new persons for IDs like kibera and get a T4 then attach it to my passport application.
I got a new ID within a month with correct details the passport was issued 2 months later

2.Knec certificate : This was the one giving me the most headache apart from having an additional name which was not on my passport and birth certificate they had misspelled my given name
Visited Knec headquarters in South C apparently they do not add or remove names once certificates are out they only correct typos but you have to avail your original highschool and primary certificate,copy of birth certificate ,letter from the school and 5000Ksh.
After 2 months i picked up my high school certificate they had rectified my given name ,as for the additional name i used the other used names in the ds 260 to list it . The visa package i have has the additional name as my alias.

3.Medical : Once i received my 2nl i visited IOM to schedule my appointment which was 5 days later unfortunately my x ray came back as abnormal had to go a further tests which took 8 weeks for results to come out this delayed my initial appointment that was to happen mid Dec to mid feb.

4.Knec confidential statement : Once my medical delayed my dec interview i never bothered to confirm if Knec had dispatched my confidential statement to the embassy, late dec when i was preparing for the interview i decided to pay them a visit shock on me they could not trace my records i.e if the statement was dispatched or not i was adviced to come the next day which they assured me they will send it the same day.
emailed the embassy the same day they confirmed they had received my statement 7 days later .So make sure you follow up with knec then confrim with the embassy.You cannot be approved without the statement it is the first thing i saw in my file when arrived at the embassy the lady who taking my docs even showed it to me

Interview:
Arrived at the consulate 6.30 am had to go through some security checks before entering the main building where you give out your appointment letter and passport then given a number ,wait outside then the number is called then you give out your passport,2 photos,birth certificate and copy and original high school and copy.Fingerprints are then taken and an invoice issued .
Some question are also asked ...Are you married ,do you have children ,have you lived outside the country have you applied for an immigrant visa before

Once you pay you have to wait outside for an hour plus before your number is called out again this time to face the CO

Co: Good morning
Me:Morning to you
Co:Raise your right hand and swear xxx
me: xxx
Co:When did you finish high school
Me:xxxx
Co did you go to university:
Me :xxxx
Co:Are you in the same field now
Me:xxxxx
Co:are you married
me: xxxx
Co:do you have children
Co :Who is your sponsor
Me :xxxxxx
Co: do you have documentaion
Me :Yes
Co:Can i see
Me :Slides the AOS over to her
Co:Recent taxes
Me :slides over them over to her
CO: do you have photo ID
Me:slides it to her
Co: peruses the docs then asks what does he do
Co :seems everything is in order i hereby approve your visa
Me :thank you
Co:Have you registered for dhl then she hands me a document on how to pay for the green card

The interview lasted less than 5 minutes

Ceac update indicated ready on the day of the interview then issued the following morning ,next day i received an email indicated documents had been dispatched which i picked up yesterday

What i learnt
Fix your government issued documents i.e birth certificates ,Ids etc reading about how people were chasing for more than a year the same documents i was would give me sleepless nights again it not only about the lottery other opportunities my arise that may require the same documents

Find out early apart from gathering your documents and getting a sponsor this process involves money at every turn Thorough preparation is also key.

Never give up and follow instructions .. I got lucky after 11 years of trying and i have every followed every instruction on each entry.

All the best to the class of 2019 as you pursue your application

Last edited:
Also selected for dv 2019 CN 94xx

Now may main issue is the knec certificate .

All my legal documents including id,passport etc have two names

John doe

while kcse certificate has 3

John doe paul

Am heading to KNEC to see what assistance they will offer but wanted to hear past experiences on where names didn't match.

Thanks

To follow up on this i visited KNEC they indicated once certificates are issued names cannot be removed or added they only correct typos.
On the interview date it never even came up .Though i had listed it on the ds260 on the part written other used names.
On the visa package i have their is a part written alias followed by the names John doe paul

To follow up on this i visited KNEC they indicated once certificates are issued names cannot be removed or added they only correct typos.
On the interview date it never even came up .Though i had listed it on the ds260 on the part written other used names.
On the visa package i have their is a part written alias followed by the names John doe paul
Hi kite congratulations on your visa if my visa status says ready what do you think that means if you happen to have any clue kindly let me know.

Hi kite congratulations on your visa if my visa status says ready what do you think that means if you happen to have any clue kindly let me know.
After the interview it was at administrative processing then we provided the documents the status moved to ready and it has been like that for 2 days now do you have any clue what that means? kindly assist.

Got approved last week picked up travel documents yesterday.Will summarize my journey challenges and solutions hopefully they will help someone down the road .

Edv: 24th October 2017
1NL: Late May 2018 Case number 94xx
2Nl :Late October 2018
Initial interview date:Mid Dec 2018
Actual interrview date: Mid Feb

Challenges :
1. ID -Though not part of the process the ID is a integral part when applying for a passport .Do not apply for one if their are conflicting details between the ID and birth certificate it will not be processed. Mine was month and date of birth .
To solve this i visited nyayo house (where they handle immigration matters) and adviced to visit any center where they register new persons for IDs like kibera and get a T4 then attach it to my passport application.
I got a new ID within a month with correct details the passport was issued 2 months later

2.Knec certificate : This was the one giving me the most headache apart from having an additional name which was not on my passport and birth certificate they had misspelled my given name
Visited Knec headquarters in South C apparently they do not add or remove names once certificates are out they only correct typos but you have to avail your original highschool and primary certificate,copy of birth certificate ,letter from the school and 5000Ksh.
After 2 months i picked up my high school certificate they had rectified my given name ,as for the additional name i used the other used names in the ds 260 to list it . The visa package i have has the additional name as my alias.

3.Medical : Once i received my 2nl i visited IOM to schedule my appointment which was 5 days later unfortunately my x ray came back as abnormal had to go a further tests which took 8 weeks for results to come out this delayed my initial appointment that was to happen mid Dec to mid feb.

4.Knec confidential statement : Once my medical delayed my dec interview i never bothered to confirm if Knec had dispatched my confidential statement to the embassy, late dec when i was preparing for the interview i decided to pay them a visit shock on me they could not trace my records i.e if the statement was dispatched or not i was adviced to come the next day which they assured me they will send it the same day.
emailed the embassy the same day they confirmed they had received my statement 7 days later .So make sure you follow up with knec then confrim with the embassy.You cannot be approved without the statement it is the first thing i saw in my file when arrived at the embassy the lady who taking my docs even showed it to me

Interview:
Arrived at the consulate 6.30 am had to go through some security checks before entering the main building where you give out your appointment letter and passport then given a number ,wait outside then the number is called then you give out your passport,2 photos,birth certificate and copy and original high school and copy.Fingerprints are then taken and an invoice issued .
Some question are also asked ...Are you married ,do you have children ,have you lived outside the country have you applied for an immigrant visa before

Once you pay you have to wait outside for an hour plus before your number is called out again this time to face the CO

Co: Good morning
Me:Morning to you
Co:Raise your right hand and swear xxx
me: xxx
Co:When did you finish high school
Co did you go to university:
Me :xxxx
Co:Are you in the same field now
Co:are you married
me: xxxx
Co:do you have children
Co :Who is your sponsor
Me :xxxxxx
Co: do you have documentaion
Me :Yes
Co:Can i see
Me :Slides the AOS over to her
Co:Recent taxes
Me :slides over them over to her
CO: do you have photo ID
Me:slides it to her
Co: peruses the docs then asks what does he do
Co :seems everything is in order i hereby approve your visa
Me :thank you
Co:Have you registered for dhl then she hands me a document on how to pay for the green card

The interview lasted less than 5 minutes

Ceac update indicated ready on the day of the interview then issued the following morning ,next day i received an email indicated documents had been dispatched which i picked up yesterday

What i learnt
Fix your government issued documents i.e birth certificates ,Ids etc reading about how people were chasing for more than a year the same documents i was would give me sleepless nights again it not only about the lottery other opportunities my arise that may require the same documents

Find out early apart from gathering your documents and getting a sponsor this process involves money at every turn Thorough preparation is also key.

Never give up and follow instructions .. I got lucky after 11 years of trying and i have every followed every instruction on each entry.

All the best to the class of 2019 as you pursue your application

Congratulations. Whenever you are ready to travel remember IOM offers very competitive fares to first time immigrants. Ask them and compare with other airlines. If you can pay the $165 dollars to USCIS. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Been here 5 years. All the best in your preparations.

After the interview it was at administrative processing then we provided the documents the status moved to ready and it has been like that for 2 days now do you have any clue what that means? kindly assist.

Check with the DHL location you chose to see off your package has been sent to them.

Check with the DHL location you chose to see off your package has been sent to them.

Am from checking and have been told that I need an email print out from the embassy with a tracking to check if my package has arrived at their location so I guess now I just have to be alittle bit patient and wait for the email thank you so much and may you be blessed.

Am from checking and have been told that I need an email print out from the embassy with a tracking to check if my package has arrived at their location so I guess now I just have to be alittle bit patient and wait for the email thank you so much and may you be blessed.

You are most welcome. It'll come soon.