• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Have you properly considered for your case the pros and cons of CP as an alternative? If you need to work and spend time with your dad and get a green card as soon as practicable, even with late submission of DS260/change to CP it might make sense in your case to spend a couple months in your home country doing all this than sitting around in the US. Might - because I have no idea of your specific situation, any potential for AP etc.

Would you know if this would apply - Would it still be possible to work on the O-1 for the allotted 240 days during the time of petition/processing for the AOS?

Long shot, but it kinda makes sense to me, in my simple understanding of the Opaque US immigration system...
O-1 Visa
If you would like to extend your O-1 status, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) will determine the time you would need to accomplish your work in increments of up to 1 year.
You must submit proof that your employment is ongoing, and you generally must include updated evidence of your extraordinary ability. A petition must be filed before your current O-1 status ends in order for you to maintain your status and remain on payroll.
If a petition is filed in a timely manner, you will be authorized to continue to work and be paid for up to 240 days after your current O-1 status expires.

I sent the money order on October 16 and I have got an electronic receipt(I think it is the receipt) on my email today. It has the same paper I sent to them with a stamps on it.

For people who are waiting for their receipt to come, my number was AS4XXX

Hi All,
AOS 2019
Case AS000001**
Send out docs by Sept 22
Received Notification on email on Oct 4th
Got my biometric letter on Oct 10th
Received my biometric scheduled on October 29th.
Will update you about the process further. I am on H1b, my 5th year in US.
I was advised to fill I-131 travel document, and I-765 along with my application, but I didn't because I have valid visa and work authorization for now. I regret it now, would it make sense for me to fill it and send it out ?
I want to know if there will be more chance for me this way to travel back to my home country on December ....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Biometric walk-in October 25th.
As of Oct 26th, my status is updated with Finger print Review Was completed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Biometric walk-in October 25th.
As of Oct 26th, my status is updated with Finger print Review Was completed.

Please update the 2019 Timeline spreadsheet with your information - it’s a lot more useful there.

...just doing my finals checks on my stuff before the big send off in a day or two.

I just wanna verify that what I think is the 2nl is in fact the 2nl.

Does it comes via email from KCC along with the Admin Fee Form?
It is a fairly non descript letter, with a barcode in the top left, and it 'Thanks me for informing KCC that I plan to apply for adjustment of status with US Citizen and Immigration...'
Is that correct? There is not really anything on here saying 2nl, it is really jest an explanatory letter about the process. Is that the 2nl?
Hope everyone is having a nice Sat night. :)

...just doing my finals checks on my stuff before the big send off in a day or two.

I just wanna verify that what I think is the 2nl is in fact the 2nl.

Does it comes via email from KCC along with the Admin Fee Form?
It is a fairly non descript letter, with a barcode in the top left, and it 'Thanks me for informing KCC that I plan to apply for adjustment of status with US Citizen and Immigration...'
Is that correct? There is not really anything on here saying 2nl, it is really jest an explanatory letter about the process. Is that the 2nl?
Hope everyone is having a nice Sat night. :)

Yes.

Hi Mom, hope you are doing very well.
I was making a copy of my I-797 when I got OPT card in 2017. I have two notices, one that payment received and another one that case was transferred a local agency. However, I do not remember that I got a notice that employment was approved (or maybe I lost that paper). I just have my actual OPT EAD card and those two notices. Do you think it is going to be a problem? (((

Hi Mom, hope you are doing very well.
I was making a copy of my I-797 when I got OPT card in 2017. I have two notices, one that payment received and another one that case was transferred a local agency. However, I do not remember that I got a notice that employment was approved (or maybe I lost that paper). I just have my actual OPT EAD card and those two notices. Do you think it is going to be a problem? (((

Shouldn’t be any problem.

I have another quick question if you're not too busy.

What exactly will we get text messages about after submitting the electronic notification form. My wife got one when the package was accepted, not sure why I didn't, and I have read in the previous threads that people get them when their cases are approved. Are there any more during the process or just those 2?

Thanks again :)

Hi Sm1smom. Thanks for the last confirmation.

I have 1 final question, then I will be sending off the package. :)

I have just been cross checking my I-485 with my DS-260 answers that I printed. I realized that I did not put down the correct employment info.
To explain - I got confused (on the DS-260) with the term 'Employer', not realizing that Sponsor (of my O-1 Visa) is the employer too.
Where it asks for Employer Name, I wrote myself (as I mistakenly assumed it meant self-employed), which is an Australian mindset as an Actor in Australia. Thus, in the DS-206, for my current and 1st previous employer, I should have written the names and addresses of my current and previous O-1 Visa Sponsors.
I corrected this mistake in my I-485, but is there any concern that this could cause an issue (in your opinion).
Should I write a note to explain the error, or should I just leave it and then bring it up at the interview? I would hate for this stupid error to cause any delays (like and RFE) to my processing of the application.
Thanks in advance for you advice.
Cheers.

I have another quick question if you're not too busy.

What exactly will we get text messages about after submitting the electronic notification form. My wife got one when the package was accepted, not sure why I didn't, and I have read in the previous threads that people get them when their cases are approved. Are there any more during the process or just those 2?

Thanks again :)

If form G-1145 is included with the AOS package, a onetime text and/or email notification gets sent when USCIS accepts the petition. Only one person gets this notification, it could be the derivative, it could be the main selectee.

For subsequent updates, you’ll need to create an account on eGov. This is supposed to provide updates for what the next step should be, when USCIS mails you something, when a decision is made, etc. Bear in mind this is a new site, about one or two years old, so I really don’t know if notification really gets sent for AOS petitions, (notifications, including bi-weekly no action taken notification gets sent for naturalization petitions), I need AOSers sign up and provide updates on their experience with the system. This information will be useful in updating the AOS spreadsheet.

The old online account system initially provided notifications when the bio and interview letters got sent. Then they stopped sending those, and the only online update would be after the interview.

Hi Sm1smom. Thanks for the last confirmation.

I have 1 final question, then I will be sending off the package. :)

I have just been cross checking my I-485 with my DS-260 answers that I printed. I realized that I did not put down the correct employment info.
To explain - I got confused (on the DS-260) with the term 'Employer', not realizing that Sponsor (of my O-1 Visa) is the employer too.
Where it asks for Employer Name, I wrote myself (as I mistakenly assumed it meant self-employed), which is an Australian mindset as an Actor in Australia. Thus, in the DS-206, for my current and 1st previous employer, I should have written the names and addresses of my current and previous O-1 Visa Sponsors.
I corrected this mistake in my I-485, but is there any concern that this could cause an issue (in your opinion).
Should I write a note to explain the error, or should I just leave it and then bring it up at the interview? I would hate for this stupid error to cause any delays (like and RFE) to my processing of the application.
Thanks in advance for you advice.
Cheers.

There’s no need for an explanatory note. If this is truly bothering you, contact KCC and request for them to unlock your DS260 form following which you can make the correction on that form.

I did my medical on July 30 and I am planning to send my documents in November last week. There is a slight change in USCIS I693 policy. So,

1. Can I ask my civil surgeon to sign new I693 with new date putting the date of tests same?
2. Or do I need to do the test again?

I did my medical on July 30 and I am planning to send my documents in November last week. There is a slight change in USCIS I693 policy. So,

1. Can I ask my civil surgeon to sign new I693 with new date putting the date of tests same?
2. Or do I need to do the test again?

Talk to your CS to find out what they’re willing to do for you.

Hi, I'm new here. I win the DV 2019 lottery and I'm F2 visa right now.

Mom, I would like to ask that my husband, Derivative applicant, is F1 visa and doing his OPT. In AOS spreadsheet, Derivative applicant need to provide copy of EAD and I-797 on AOS package. So, he doesn't need to provide offer letter, is it correct?

Thank you for your helping.

Best,

Hi, I'm new here. I win the DV 2019 lottery and I'm F2 visa right now.

Mom, I would like to ask that my husband, Derivative applicant, is F1 visa and doing his OPT. In AOS spreadsheet, Derivative applicant need to provide copy of EAD and I-797 on AOS package. So, he doesn't need to provide offer letter, is it correct?

Thank you for your helping.

Best,

Including the offer letter as part of your overall financial documents (assuming his current income meets the applicable poverty guideline level and you will not be using an I-134 to meet this requirements) is recommended.