Full middle name or initial on N-400 ?

greencardin2005

Registered Users (C)
The front of my green card shows my name as "FirstName M LastName" ( initial for the middle name).
However name is printed as "FirstName MiddleName LastName" at the bottom in machine readable part.

Which one should I use for "Your name as it exactly appears on your Permanent Resident Card"?

Would appreciate your help!

The front of my green card shows my name as "FirstName M LastName" ( initial for the middle name).
However name is printed as "FirstName MiddleName LastName" at the bottom in machine readable part.

Which one should I use for "Your name as it exactly appears on your Permanent Resident Card"?

Would appreciate your help!
Put your Full name .
Your full name will Be printed on your Citizenship Certificate.

My GC has only my middle initial - hence I cannot put my full middle name on the N-400. Can I request them to add my full middle name when I get my Citizenship Certificate? Or I have to do that when I apply for a passport?

My GC has only my middle initial - hence I cannot put my full middle name on the N-400. Can I request them to add my full middle name when I get my Citizenship Certificate? Or I have to do that when I apply for a passport?
Put your full name on thr application

Seems as though they always put just the Middle Initial only the fromt of thr GC but on the machine readable part it has your entire name. So when scanned your Entire name will pop up.

They put the entire name on the citizenship certificate. You dont have to request that.

Thanks for the reply. The issue is that when I applied for the I-90, it needed only a middle initial. My GC has only my middle initial on the machine readable part also.

If I say that the name is different on the GC versus the application, then it will ask for proof of name change. I have not changed my name since getting my GC - hence will have to use only the Middle Initial on the application. Hopefully I can get the full name on the Citizenship Certificate and Passport.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the reply. The issue is that when I applied for the I-90, it needed only a middle initial. My GC has only my middle initial on the machine readable part also.

If I say that the name is different on the GC versus the application, then it will ask for proof of name change. I have not changed my name since getting my GC - hence will have to use only the Middle Initial on the application. Hopefully I can get the full name on the Citizenship Certificate and Passport.

Thanks for the help.
Dont sweat it

Put your name exactly as it appears on your GC that way you dont cause any delays.

On t the day of the Interview and Issuing of the N400 Certificate you will have a chance to legally change your name to whatever you want. Right there and then.

In your case it wont really be a name change it would be you just adding your middle name.