• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 All Selectees

One more question pls. I am a Muslim and what if both my wives won the lottery with me as thier derivatives and I choose to go with one of them since the other don’t meet the education requirements.
Will that cause any problem as well if they find out I’m married to two women. ??

One more question pls. I am a Muslim and what if both my wives won the lottery with me as thier derivatives and I choose to go with one of them since the other don’t meet the education requirements.
Will that cause any problem as well if they find out I’m married to two women. ??

Yes, it will. Polygamy is illegal in the US. You will have to choose one of the wives to bring with you and divorce the others if you feel moving to the US is more important than your relationship. If it is the second wife you choose, you need to divorce both of them and remarry the second, as that marriage would not have been recognized under US law.

This is an odd question though, (“if both wives win”?!) which makes me wonder has someone actually won the lottery or is this all just hypothetical?

If both wives won? You’re actually married to two women who both won????

Wow, both your wives won! Are you the village's witch doctor or something? Or maybe you filled yourself as the husband of many of your "wives" just in case one of them won? Yes, they will discover the fraud!

Hello Guys
My fiancee was randomly selected this year and she was three months pregnant at the time and i am out of the country because i am currently in the UAE. As a result we could not get married ASAP so she could update her marriage status when submitting her DS-260 FORM. . She has a small case number xxx5xxx and I will be back by the time her interview is scheduled. . Is there anything I could do to stand a chance of travelling with her at the same time? Your taught's will do me a world of good

Hello Guys
My fiancee was randomly selected this year and she was three months pregnant at the time and i am out of the country because i am currently in the UAE. As a result we could not get married ASAP so she could update her marriage status when submitting her DS-260 FORM. . She has a small case number xxx5xxx and I will be back by the time her interview is scheduled. . Is there anything I could do to stand a chance of travelling with her at the same time? Your taught's will do me a world of good

Your case number is meaningless without a region....
You need to be married and have a ds260 submitted for you to attend the interview and get a visa with her. Can you not travel back just to do a legal marriage and keep the ceremony etc for later if you want a big family celebration?
Someone else reported asking kcc to delay scheduling an interview for them and apparently it worked, you could try that but no guarantees it will work...in which case you would hope to get married, submit a ds260 then give them the go-ahead to schedule

Hello Guys

What’s the region? The number is meaningless to us as currently displayed.

In order to benefit as her derivative, you have to be married and have a DS260 form submitted in your name prior to her interview. So like Susie already noted, she can email KCC and request they delay scheduling her interview until a certain month (following your return and marriage), or you find time and return to perform a none elaborate marriage ASAP in order to update her status and submit your form without much delay.

Anyway, which ever option you decide on, be prepared to prove your marriage is genuine at the time of the interview.

Wow, both your wives won! Are you the village's witch doctor or something? Or maybe you filled yourself as the husband of many of your "wives" just in case one of them won? Yes, they will discover the fraud!

Yup
Interestingly we had someone report a while ago, when they went for an interview - consulate had the spouse entry (spouse hadn’t been selected) loaded to question about a discrepancy in the 2 entry forms
So it seems they do a search on derivatives in the entries and check even the entry forms not selected if there is a relation
Which means they’ll pick up one dude as husband to at least two entries (maybe more)
So even if he is being truthful he will need to divorce as per my previous post
Also interesting when i read up about polygamy and US immigration - it’s not just him, it’s the wives as well who are deemed to be polygamous too ...so the wife would actually need to divorce him even if she decided to go alone or would not be admitted due to being part of an existing polygamyous union

Hello Guys
The

Hello Sm1smon
She is in Cameroon and she had submitted her DS260 already because our wish is for her to give birth in the USA if possible since she has a low case number 2019AF00005xxx

Hello Sm1smon
She is in Cameroon and she had submitted her DS260 already because our wish is for her to give birth in the USA if possible since she has a low case number 2019AF00005xxx

So you need to go get married NOW if you wish to benefit as a derivative from her selection.

Hello Sm1smon

How many months pregnant is she now, exactly?
(If she was 3 months at selection - with earliest interviews in October but could be any time in October- and many airlines don’t allow you to fly after about 8 months - this may not be possible)
Then she’ll need to know what to do if she either has the baby before interview (will need ds260 and passport) or after interview but before entry (she can talk to consulate at her interview in this scenario)

How many months pregnant is she now, exactly?
(If she was 3 months at selection - with earliest interviews in October but could be any time in October- and many airlines don’t allow you to fly after about 8 months - this may not be possible)
Then she’ll need to know what to do if she either has the baby before interview (will need ds260 and passport) or after interview but before entry (she can talk to consulate at her interview in this scenario)

Am greatful for your contributions so far sir
But one more question. Do u mean she can talk to consulate on my behalf during interview ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Am greatful for your contributions so far sir
But one more question. Do u mean she can talk to consulate on my behalf during interview ?

NO, please read properly, I didn’t mention you at all in that post. I meant she can ask what to do if the baby is born after she gets a visa but before she goes to the US

You MUST (1) be married, (2) have a ds260 submitted for you, AND (3) attend the interview if you want a visa to go with her.

Otherwise she will go herself, and file for you as a spouse of a green card holder, which will take much longer (around 2 years after she files,which she can only do after she lands in the US), cost more, and require her to be a earning a minimum income to sponsor you. Not to mention how difficult it will be for her to be a new mom with a tiny baby in a new country, alone.

Honestly, if you’re serious about this you need to leave the uae and go back home to get married and submit a DS260 at least 2 months before any interview is expected, in fact, you probably need to do all this in July if you want to get added to her case. Or as I said before she can try delay the interview by asking kcc to do so until you can get back, but don’t leave that too late either.

Hi, my case number is EU28xxx
As far as I know it's too late to predict if this number will be invited for the interview yet I'm pretty sure that it's rather consider as high. So my question is-when will you be able to approximately measure safe/dangerous case numbers? It's after they issue visa bulletin isn't it? If so, when it takes place?

Also I wonder if I'll get a green card at all-I have to finish my studies in the UK, hypothetically I wanted to go to states to collect my green card and apply for re-entry permit as it lets you to keep your green card for 2 years while being absent in America. After graduation I want to work in States in animation industry, I'd go here even if I didn't get green card it just makes things easier for me as any company won't have to sponsor me. However, again if I'll say on my interview that I can't move to states straight away after getting my card-will it decrease my chances? I've passed american final exams (SAT and SAT us history) and been accepted to american universities in the past, I was wondering if it's a good proof that I'm serious about living there even though I won't be able to go there in 2019/2020? Please help, I'm pretty sure that some students won card in the past, it wouldn't make sense if they had to abandon their studies in regards of moving out to US.

Hi, my case number is EU28xxx
As far as I know it's too late to predict if this number will be invited for the interview yet I'm pretty sure that it's rather consider as high. So my question is-when will you be able to approximately measure safe/dangerous case numbers? It's after they issue visa bulletin isn't it? If so, when it takes place?

Also I wonder if I'll get a green card at all-I have to finish my studies in the UK, hypothetically I wanted to go to states to collect my green card and apply for re-entry permit as it lets you to keep your green card for 2 years while being absent in America. After graduation I want to work in States in animation industry, I'd go here even if I didn't get green card it just makes things easier for me as any company won't have to sponsor me. However, again if I'll say on my interview that I can't move to states straight away after getting my card-will it decrease my chances? I've passed american final exams (SAT and SAT us history) and been accepted to american universities in the past, I was wondering if it's a good proof that I'm serious about living there even though I won't be able to go there in 2019/2020? Please help, I'm pretty sure that some students won card in the past, it wouldn't make sense if they had to abandon their studies in regards of moving out to US.
Lets hope that we both get to go to the interview, my CN is EU229xx. I have similar plans, I have my degree already but need to pass the USMLE exams before I can apply for a job in the US, so working in my home country makes a lot more sense until I get my qualifications in order. If I get the GC, I plan on applying for a re-entry permit that is valid for 2 years, so that I can make my final move to the US later. You just need to remember to file your taxes even if you don't live in the US.

I have been selected for DV 2019. My marriage cert and passport has Ivy Akua Amoako Kyei with Amoako Kyei the surname. However my name on my BA DEGREE certificate issued 2016 is Ivy Akua Kyei Amoako. My SHS and HNDcert has my maiden name, Aisha Ahmed
which I have document to support the change of name.

Will this pose a problem? Will court affidavit help in this case?

Also my My husband last name is not listed on the marriage certificate which is was issued in 2009 when we married. Is that a problem, we have joint accounts since 2009.

Please advise