• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 All Selectees

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
This Thread has been created for all DV 2019 Selectees to use in sharing the good news about their selection and to potentially ask questions about processing. We don’t know for certain if the plug will be pulled on DV 2019 before the FY starts, so until then it’s going to be business as usual here.

Congratulations and best of luck!

Last edited:
I'll go first. I was lucky enough to be selected this time

Oceania Region 8xx

I stared at the screen for about 10 seconds before it registered that I had been selected, having been through the 2014 over selection and not making it to interview I hope this time is will be a smoother ride. I look forward to seeing and getting to know all of you over the coming year.

This forum look like this year selectees may be not much. hope to redraw a 2nd times hopefully. :confused:

This Thread has been created for all DV 2018 Selectees to use in sharing the good news about their selection and to potentially ask questions about processing. We don’t know for certain if the plug will be pulled on DV 2019 before the FY starts, so until then it’s going to be business as usual here.

Congratulations and best of luck!

I think you mean DV 2019 @Sms1mom :D

Congratulations to all the selectees.

I'll go first. I was lucky enough to be selected this time

Oceania Region 8xx

I stared at the screen for about 10 seconds before it registered that I had been selected, having been through the 2014 over selection and not making it to interview I hope this time is will be a smoother ride. I look forward to seeing and getting to know all of you over the coming year.

Welcome back, and with a nice number - cool!

@Sm1smom and @Britsimon ,

I was selected and would like to opt for CP instead of AOS, even though I am in the USA.
Reading through the forums it looks like the interview location is determined from Present Address.

1) When filling out my DS-260, I can choose to pick "CP", and have my US address as my Present Address.
In this case, when my CN is current, will KCC schedule my interview in the US or in my country of chargeability?

2) From other posts, it looks like it is suggested to just put one's country of chargeability's address as Present Address, even though they're actually living in the US.
With this option, one has to make up the "Living From" date for the country of chargeability's address? It sounds like it's wrong to just make up a date..

From Britsimons guide:
Before you fill out your DS260, take a few moments to consider if this is the right thing to do. Will you be approved, can you afford the process and the move, do you have a low enough case number to be processed before the visas run out.
Is there really anything to lose by filling out the DS260?
"last year" hasn't finished yet, there are still 2 months to go
:rolleyes: Haha, wow. Ok so June number are released this year in May... in my head I was thinking these are last years numbers. My EU CN 229xx might have a chance then.

From Britsimons guide:

:rolleyes: Haha, wow. Ok so June number are released this year in May... in my head I was thinking these are last years numbers. My EU CN 229xx might have a chance then.

Yes. By submitting that form you will have declared immigrant intent. That can create a problem for some types of non immigrant visas. You have a year to wait anyway. Take your time - there is NO advantage to submitting early.

Yes. By submitting that form you will have declared immigrant intent. That can create a problem for some types of non immigrant visas. You have a year to wait anyway. Take your time - there is NO advantage to submitting early.
So by filing a DS260 I would not be able to travel to the US with a tourist visa/visa waiver? When should I submit the form, what is the optimal time?

So by filing a DS260 I would not be able to travel to the US with a tourist visa/visa waiver? When should I submit the form, what is the optimal time?
It's normally not a problem for an existing tourist visa/ESTA but could be a problem when applying for a new one.
If you do travel using an existing visa, be sure to take evidence that you will return after your trip and are not intending to stay to try to adjust status.

Well there is no "optimal time" as such - but submitting now won't hasten your interview. So - watch the VB progress for a few months and perhaps submit your DS260 early next year.

@Sm1smom and @Britsimon ,

I was selected and would like to opt for CP instead of AOS, even though I am in the USA.
Reading through the forums it looks like the interview location is determined from Present Address.

1) When filling out my DS-260, I can choose to pick "CP", and have my US address as my Present Address.
In this case, when my CN is current, will KCC schedule my interview in the US or in my country of chargeability?

2) From other posts, it looks like it is suggested to just put one's country of chargeability's address as Present Address, even though they're actually living in the US.
With this option, one has to make up the "Living From" date for the country of chargeability's address? It sounds like it's wrong to just make up a date..

1. You can list your current US address. Just make sure you indicate CP by selecting your home Embassy. KCC will schedule your interview based on your chargeability country.

2. The reason for that was because those other posts originally selected AOS. To ensure KCC fully understood their change request, we asked them to list home address as current address since they cannot change the previously selected AOS option on the already submitted DS269 form.