Anyone filed N400 online?

BorisIvanov

Has anyone filed their N400 application online? There is an option for it in myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov (where I had also successfully filed my I-90 for GC replacement last year).

OK good to know. I'm guessing it will take the same time to process ... secretly hoping that the "faster data packets" may speed things up :D

Faster processing in terms of getting the NOA and possibly getting scheduled for biometrics. The NOA is typically sent/received immediately following the electronic submission. Bio notice may get sent two to three days earlier compared to a mailed in N400. After that the rest of the process is based on each FO’s workload. Submission format no longer play a part.

Faster processing in terms of getting the NOA and possibly getting scheduled for biometrics. The NOA is typically sent/received immediately following the electronic submission. Bio notice may get sent two to three days earlier compared to a mailed in N400. After that the rest of the process is based on each FO’s workload. Submission format no longer play a part.
Thanks. My FO is in MN which I believe is quite backed up.

This has been my N400 timeline so far. I applied online from NJ, marriage-based application.

Jan 1 2018- N400 Online Application Filed
Jan 3 2018- USCIS N400 Receipt Notice
Jan 6 2018- USCIS N400 Biometrics Scheduled Notice
Jan 26 2018- Biometrics Completed
Jan 31 2018 - USCIS N400 Notice of Interview Scheduled
Mar 14 2018- Interview Date

This has been my N400 timeline so far. I applied online from NJ, marriage-based application.

After the interview, within your state, how long does it usually take to get to the Oath ceremony?

Did you get your biometrics notice by email or snail mail? I am asking this because, you applied online.

Did you get your biometrics notice by email or snail mail? I am asking this because, you applied online.
All my USCIS documents including the receipt notice, biometrics notice, and interview notice were first posted to my online account under the documents tab, and then followed in snail mail as well. The documents were identical, except the originals that came in the mail also included the DHS Headers with Form Numbers (ie. I-797C- Notice of Action, etc) and the infamous block lettering stating: THIS NOTICE DOES NOT GRANT ANY IMMIGRATION STATUS OR BENEFIT

All my USCIS documents including the receipt notice, biometrics notice, and interview notice were first posted to my online account under the documents tab, and then followed in snail mail as well. The documents were identical, except the originals that came in the mail also included the DHS Headers with Form Numbers (ie. I-797C- Notice of Action, etc) and the infamous block lettering stating: THIS NOTICE DOES NOT GRANT ANY IMMIGRATION STATUS OR BENEFIT

Do you know, if the ASCs accept the electronically received notices or do they insist on the snail mail paper original?

Do you know, if the ASCs accept the electronically received notices or do they insist on the snail mail paper original?

I can't speak to what the ASC will or will not accept, but I do know that the notice states that we must bring "this notice" along with you. What that means could obviously vary for those that have done an online application, but since the online document lacks the headings/markings I referenced in my previous reply, and since they do advise you that an original will follow in the mail, it would stand to reason that the ASC expects that you bring the snail mail original with you. Did you lose your original or something? Or have you just not received it yet? What is your timeline so far?

I can't speak to what the ASC will or will not accept, but I do know that the notice states that we must bring "this notice" along with you. What that means could obviously vary for those that have done an online application, but since the online document lacks the headings/markings I referenced in my previous reply, and since they do advise you that an original will follow in the mail, it would stand to reason that the ASC expects that you bring the snail mail original with you. Did you lose your original or something? Or have you just not received it yet? What is your timeline so far?
Thanks for your reasonable reply.
We plan to apply N-400 online, from our state of residence for our college kid, who is in a different state. When we receive the notice, we will have to mail it to him, to take it to the ASC near him, and try getting the biometrics done. If that doesn't work, he will fly home and get it done. If the online notice print is accepted, then, mail delay, lost mail, etc., can be avoided. This is the reason I asked the previous question.

Wow, good to see the NJ is pretty fast. Unfortunately, MN is at turtle speed .... at least for me.

FYI- Just an update, I completed my interview and oath yesterday. The interview itself lasted all of 6 minutes. Well, 4 if I don' t count roughly two minutes of idle chit chat about random stuff. Also, the Officer told me Newark is the only field office in the country that does Interview and Oath on the same day. So, I spent most of the day waiting for the interview and waiting for the Oath ceremony. Last step is to apply for Passport which I am trying to get done by this weekend and will revise my timeline to include that as well. I am attaching a screen shot of what my online account looks like as of this morning.

Attachments

• Naturalization Timeline.pdf
    152.8 KB · Views: 23
FYI- Just an update, I completed my interview and oath yesterday. The interview itself lasted all of 6 minutes. Well, 4 if I don' t count roughly two minutes of idle chit chat about random stuff. Also, the Officer told me Newark is the only field office in the country that does Interview and Oath on the same day. So, I spent most of the day waiting for the interview and waiting for the Oath ceremony. Last step is to apply for Passport which I am trying to get done by this weekend and will revise my timeline to include that as well. I am attaching a screen shot of what my online account looks like as of this morning.
Congrats! How awesome everything moves so fast there!

Congrats! How awesome everything moves so fast there!

Thanks, the feeling is truly amazing-- Applied for my Passport yesterday- can't wait to take advantage of that visa free travel! Still not sure if my case was just an anomaly or if online processing is actually faster. Cause the timeline on USCIS for Newark's field office represents that they are currently adjudicating N-400 cases from April of 2017.

@OnceUponAnF1 : Congrats!!!
Indeed some cases are being processed very fast - perhaps particularly in the East Coast. A friend in Philly applied in January and got scheduled for an interview this month.