• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Well this is precisely why we keep telling people to not lie with regards to immigration matters, it always comes back and bite.

Yes they already have your false information in the system, will it impact a DV selection or an immigrant visa petition? I don't know, the only way to know for sure is to give it a shot. If they didn't give you a document that says you've been found inadmissible, then there's hope.

Anyway, you need to bear in mind this is simply a lottery with about 1% chance of selection. So apply and get selected first, then worry about the impact of the previous NIV petition denial.

Thank you very much for replying.

Well this is precisely why we keep telling people to not lie with regards to immigration matters, it always comes back and bite.

Yes they already have your false information in the system, will it impact a DV selection or an immigrant visa petition? I don't know, the only way to know for sure is to give it a shot. If they didn't give you a document that says you've been found inadmissible, then there's hope.

Anyway, you need to bear in mind this is simply a lottery with about 1% chance of selection. So apply and get selected first, then worry about the impact of the previous NIV petition denial.

What mom says, plus, be ABSOLUTELY accurate about everything on your DV entry. No name misspelling, no wrong dates of birth, no leaving off derivatives... triple check everything before you submit.

I
What mom says, plus, be ABSOLUTELY accurate about everything on your DV entry. No name misspelling, no wrong dates of birth, no leaving off derivatives... triple check everything before you submit.

I hv truly learnt my lesson and I hv no intention of telling lies again.i am just sad that this might ruin my chances forever bt I am still hopeful.

I

I hv truly learnt my lesson and I hv no intention of telling lies again.i am just sad that this might ruin my chances forever bt I am still hopeful.

You know funny enough stating that you had a WIFE and CHILD would have helped your case in the NIV application. It at least proves social/family ties to Ghana which they evaluate you on...it may not have been enough to get you the visa but it certainly wouldnt have hurt your application...the agent himself doesn't understand the nuances obviously. Anyway..best not lie again on any application and give it a while before you apply for another NIV...as for the Dv 2019...you're more than welcome to try out. Best of luck.

Hello Fam,
Kindly assist me here as I have a WRONG year (1989) of birth on my Original School Certificate, but have the CORRECT year of birth (1990) on all other documents Listed Below:

WASSCE CERTIFICATE; 15th May, 1989

Private WASSCE Certificate
; 15th May, 1990- correct DATE OF BIRTH

PASSPORT ; 15th May, 1990

BIRTH CERTIFICATE; 15th May, 1990

Edv Form; 15th May, 1990

DS-260 FORM; 15th May, 1990

QUESTIONS;

1. Will this cause me any problem at the interview?
2. I went to the Exams Council and I was told nothing can be done about it because I have wasted 8years after school before coming for correction. What can I do about it before am schedule for interview?
Thank You.
Looking forward to your expert views; BritSimon, SussieQQQ, Sm1smom, Sammy......

Hello Fam,
Kindly assist me here as I have a WRONG year (1989) of birth on my Original School Certificate, but have the CORRECT year of birth (1990) on all other documents Listed Below:

Edv Form; 15th May, 1990

QUESTIONS;

2. I went to the Exams Council and I was told nothing can be done about it because I have wasted 8years after school before coming for correction. What can I do about it before am schedule for interview?
Thank You.
Looking forward to your expert views; BritSimon, SussieQQQ, Sm1smom, Sammy......

Well I think that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm aware that the US consular section in Accra no longer accepts the old handwritten birth certificates. Similarly you cannot acquire the biometric passport without the new automated birth cert which is really an extract confirming what is on the handwritten birth certificate. Is it recommended to take both the old one and the new automated birth cert to the interview for the DV immigration? Or would the new one be sufficient?
Selectees from Ghana can ask questions here. I had good support from the forum and I'm back to help others.

Let's reduce/eliminate the fraud that has plagued our system and has caused people to be refused visas.
Guys is it likely that the VB for DV 2018 will closely follow the pattern for DV 2017? In DV 2017 my case number was current in December 2016. Can't help wondering if I need to prepare for a possible December interview

Hello Fam,

Edv Form; 15th May, 1990

QUESTIONS;

Thank You.
no expert
Well I think that shouldn't be a problem.
I'm no expert but from what I understand from the posts of the super moderators the real proof is the birth date as stated in your birth cert and passport. Once those two match up, you should be good as they are the primary proof of identity. Just be prepared to convince the CO that the school certificate is yours.

Selectees from Ghana can ask questions here. I had good support from the forum and I'm back to help others.

Let's reduce/eliminate the fraud that has plagued our system and has caused people to be refused visas.

Hi Lucid et al. As a married guy, is the ordinary marriage certificate given at church following an Ordinance marriage (handwritten) sufficient for the Accra US Embassy or I need to get additional documentation from the marriage registry in Accra?

Guys is it likely that the VB for DV 2018 will closely follow the pattern for DV 2017? In DV 2017 my case number was current in December 2016. Can't help wondering if I need to prepare for a possible December interview

Are you saying you were chosen for DV 2017 and had an interview? And chosen again for DV 2018? Or are you comparing your DV 2018 win to last year's?

Hello Fam,

Edv Form; 15th May, 1990

QUESTIONS;

Thank You.

Too bad, such errors are usually seen as fraudulent attempts to conceal identity in Accra.
Getting approved will depend on how you're able to convince the co that it was a genuine error. You'll be asked why you took the NovDec exam. I'll also advise you to get a testimonial letter from your high school head, your biometric details must be stated in this letter.

Depends on your CN and also your ds260 submission date.

Hi Lucid et al. As a married guy, is the ordinary marriage certificate given at church following an Ordinance marriage (handwritten) sufficient for the Accra US Embassy or I need to get additional documentation from the marriage registry in Accra?
I don't know much about marriage certificates, but you definitely want to have enough proof that your marriage was genuine. In Ghana, there's the traditional, church, and Court weddings. Apart from certificates, your children from the marriage, joint assets, photos etc will be key.

Too bad, such errors are usually seen as fraudulent attempts to conceal identity in Accra.
Getting approved will depend on how you're able to convince the co that it was a genuine error. You'll be asked why you took the NovDec exam. I'll also advise you to get a testimonial letter from your high school head, your biometric details must be stated in this letter.

I've never yet heard of a refusal based on the name order on an education certificate. Can you cite a case? It's a problem if the birth certificate and/or passport are different from the eDV entry.

I don't know much about marriage certificates, but you definitely want to have enough proof that your marriage was genuine. In Ghana, there's the traditional, church, and Court weddings. Apart from certificates, your children from the marriage, joint assets, photos etc will be key.

Unless I misread he didn't say he got married after selection. Why would he need proof if the marriage certificate is dated before?

I've never yet heard of a refusal based on the name order on an education certificate. Can you cite a case? It's a problem if the birth certificate and/or passport are different from the eDV entry.
It's not a name order issue. Wrong DOB on original high school certificate.

Unless I misread he didn't say he got married after selection. Why would he need proof if the marriage certificate is dated before?
Whether he got married before/after selection i believe he still needs proof of his marriage (document proof). He was referring specifically to which types of marriage certification he could present for his case. Ghana has got different forms of marriages.