• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Your inability to submit your baby's DS-260 form has nothing to do with him/her not having a unique passport number. We told you what needed to be done, and you clearly did not do that. Below is the string of conversation we previously had regarding this. We gave you a solution that so many others in similar situation had used in finding a temporary solution.

Did you go back and click on the link for the selective service section? Just so you know interview NLs should be coming out in about 1-2weeks time, and once you're scheduled, KCC will not be able to unlock your form again. You'll have to deal directly with your embassy on the issue of adding your baby.
Thank you very much @Sm1smom . Finally I've seen what was the problem, I had to click on the instructions provided on the confirmation page before submitting.I did and successfully submitted it. Now looking forward to receive the 2NL from the KCC.

Affidavits are seen as "powerful" documents by people in some countries - I just don't see why people need them in this process. The DS260 itself is a legal document. It is witnessed by the CO at the time you make an application, so it is, by itself, an "affidavit" (defined as "a written statement confirmed by oath or affirmation, for use as evidence in court."). So - an affidavit in these circumstances is pointless - in my opinion - but if it makes you feel better then it can't normally harm.

Regarding this specific scenario. The DV process does not depend on your parentage. One reason they ask for the long form (with both parents names) is that if you ever want to sponsor your parents to live in the USA, a paper trail has already been established. So - if you don't plan to bring your parents to live in the USA, that won't ever be an issue. If you do plan on sponsoring your parents the information in your DS260 will be "evidence" of what you claimed at the time of your immigration process. Given the lack of information on your birth cert, you may be challenged to prove your father is indeed your father. You can deal with that if and when that time comes. In the meantime, it doesn't matter.
Hello @Britsimon..... I have just seen that they have indicated that the B.C. should have the names of both parents. What becomes of my case here then?

Hello @Britsimon..... I have just seen that they have indicated that the B.C. should have the names of both parents. What becomes of my case here then?

I had already mentioned that in my post. The birth cert you have has space for a fathers name but has XXXX in that field. Technically that shows your father was not there to legitimize your birth. Your parents were, I assume, unmarried at the time of your birth AND he was not present when your birth was originally registered. Now, the requirement for immigration through DV is not that you are legitimate, it is that you provide the birth cert with space for both parents names. So - exactly as I mentioned before your DV process will be unaffected, the only complication is if and when you want to sponsor your father.

Thanks alot @Britsimon et al. Do the order of the names matter among the documents? The BC reads Surname Christian name and Given name while the PP reads Christian name, Given name and Surname.

Hello everyone
Im from South Africa and just wanted to let you all know that i have received my second letter and that my appointment is in less than a month so I have spent the last two weeks just gathering up a few missing pieces and booking medical etc.
All set now for the medical and the big day. Feeling really excited now.

Hello everyone
Im from South Africa and just wanted to let you all know that i have received my second letter and that my appointment is in less than a month so I have spent the last two weeks just gathering up a few missing pieces and booking medical etc.

Good luck!!

Hello everyone
wish u luck. nway when did your number became current coz I don't think 2nl for August will get out not untill 2weeks from now

wish u luck. nway when did your number became current coz I don't think 2nl for August will get out not untill 2weeks from now
May be his CN was current in May for July interview. I'm current in August,can't wait to receive my 2NL to know exactely when I'm going to have my interview.

hey sm1mom am really getting confused I think I lost my ds260 confirmation page is there any Idea of retrieving it

You go back in to your DS260. It will show "completed". Click that work (link) and you will see a read only version of your DS260. Scroll through each page, and at the end you can see the confirmation page again.

Dear moderator and experts,
I have a concern and questions about which I need to be certain concerning my case.
I asked about it on this forum early this year,but didn't get a clear answer. This is about the country of chargeability.
When entering the inital DV entry form, I did a mistake and choose Uganda as my country of chargeability(which is instead my country of residence) instead of Cameroon which is my country of birth and of nationality. Since the dicision to disqualify or qualify a candidate by issuing or not the visa is in the power of the CO, I am really worried if the CO will understand that I had no intention to fraud.
I read that the both countries are in the same geoggraphic region and shouldn't normally be an issue. I also read that if the visa is issued in that case,another number should be allocated with the correct country of chargeability and under the number of visas allocated to the said country.
Now these are my questions:
1.How can I be sure that the CO will consider that as a mistake and not a desire to take advantage of the program considering the law that states that when the country is in the same geo.area it shouldn't be disqualifying.
2. Considering the 9FAM502.6, sect.a number3, if my case is considered and a new visa number allocated to my case using the correct country of chargeability,will this changes affect the delay of the process of my case?will the KCC have to send everything to the Us embassy in Cameroon? I mean how can this change affect the delays of my case?
3. Do you think that I need to write to the KCC to explain the mistake so that it will be considered before the interview?
4.What exactely should I know and can I do to proof the mistake wasn't willingly?
Looking forward,
Thanks