• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2017 DV LOTTERY COUNTDOWN TO MAY

Well, the lottery to me became like plan Z...I have my plan A which is basically the E2 visa... After like 5 attempts, I decided to just apply and completely forget about it nd develop 25 plan (from A to Y and the lottery being Z..)... I am not far from getting the E2 visa anyway...

Good approach. Just make sure you understand the disadvantages of the E2 visa.

E2 sounds more realistic and I hope you get that visa soon :)
Exactly, and seeing how things are doing with my business, I should be able to apply for that visa by december 2016. The lottery really became just a side plan since it is free... I apply under Africa region me and my wife.

Good approach. Just make sure you understand the disadvantages of the E2 visa.
Yes I do but it is the easiest one to get. And also I am a french citizen so I do not really need the US passport so it is not like I have to leave the country at any cost... I have the whole Europe to chose from... I even concider Australia, I amcurrently in Canada but the weather is just not made for me... And there is nothing stopping me for applying the lottery as a E2 holder

Reactions: Eby
Exactly, and seeing how things are doing with my business, I should be able to apply for that visa by december 2016. The lottery really became just a side plan since it is free... I apply under Africa region me and my wife.

That's good to know and its always good to make use of the all the options that are available.

Hahaha, everyone applies feels confident and feels right this time! Every year like this! People a very small chance to win! Its been for me more than 13 years, so sure people in this forum will win, but very small percentage go whom will lose! So i beg u people plz dont feel that the universe will reflect to you if you feel right! Be optimistic, but dont feel that ull win! When u win , now another talk! Just wait some days! Dont build life in dreams! Dont plz!
haha that is why I said its not a plan, its just a thing that I apply for and if I get lucky it will be worthwhile if I don't nothing is lost. In the previous years I didn't have any feeling regarding the lottery atleast this time I filled it right :p Either way all the best to all of you who applied :D

Ufffffff new member and applying for the second time. Hopefully this time i will be selected. I have very good feelings about this year but like everyone says, well everyone every year get good feelings but the probability of getting selected is very low.
Anyway, good vibes, almost there for the moment of truth. Good luck for everybody ☺️

Ufffffff new member and applying for the second time. Hopefully this time i will be selected. I have very good feelings about this year but like everyone says, well everyone every year get good feelings but the probability of getting selected is very low.
Anyway, good vibes, almost there for the moment of truth. Good luck for everybody ☺️

Welcome to the forum Richardo, and best of luck on your second try.

Yes I do but it is the easiest one to get. And also I am a french citizen so I do not really need the US passport so it is not like I have to leave the country at any cost... I have the whole Europe to chose from... I even concider Australia, I amcurrently in Canada but the weather is just not made for me... And there is nothing stopping me for applying the lottery as a E2 holder
Jayo I have a burning question for ya?
Aren't you the dude that gave some gas to raevsky some years ago????!

Thanks for the best wishes Ricardo and this is my second time applying as well. Hope all is well over in Portugal :)

Thanks for the best wishes Ricardo and this is my second time applying as well. Hope all is well over in Portugal :)

Awwww thanks mate! Well, actually i am from Portugal but been living in Switzerland for the past 5 years. Facing this lottery has a new change in my life, considering that living in the US always been my dream. But keeping expectations low, every year not a lot of Portuguese get selected :( . Last year we've got around 30 people selected in a country or almost 11 million :rolleyes: crazyyyyyy haha not sure if we don't have so much people applying or we are just not lucky :confused:

Last edited:
Awwww thanks mate! Well, actually i am from Portugal but been living in Switzerland for the past 5 years. Facing this lottery has a new change in my life, considering that living in the US always been my dream. But keeping expectations low, every year not a lot of Portuguese get selected :( . Last year we've got around 30 people selected in a country or almost 11 million :rolleyes: crazyyyyyy haha not sure if we don't have so much people applying or we are just not lucky :confused:

Yeah it depends on the amount of people that apply, in my country only 5 got selected and in Latin America, several countries are banned from the Lottery so still having the chance to participate is positive and its good to know you are having a life over in Switzerland :) Must be a nice place to live for sure.

Just FYI should you and your mom go to the US: your mom may need to do a number of additional exams to practice law in the US in addition to the bar exam, depending on her exact degree and what state she ends up in. http://www.internationalstudent.com/study-law/taking-bar-foreign-lawyer/
Thanks for the info sussieQQQ, I will pass on the message to my mum. I think she knows that she will need to sit some sort of exam and possibly do some more study in order to get up to the American practice, standard.

In DV2015. 2782 entries were from Portugal (on there were 2485 family members on this entries). The selectees for that year were 82 (which includes family) so there were approximately 43 winning entries from the 2782. That is about 1.5% winning chance (one in 65) which shows that Portugal was actually quite lucky in that year!

If more people entered, more would be selected - it is a random lottery with the same chance across each region.

In DV2015. 2782 entries were from Portugal (on there were 2485 family members on this entries). The selectees for that year were 82 (which includes family) so there were approximately 43 winning entries from the 2782. That is about 1.5% winning chance (one in 65) which shows that Portugal was actually quite lucky in that year!

If more people entered, more would be selected - it is a random lottery with the same chance across each region.

Thanks for the information! Interesting stuff, fingers crossed for this year ✌️

I hope will be lucky with low cn. High CN is a challenge and it happened to me.

Wow... It is hard being selected and not going to interview because of a high number. The expectation is already to much and then crush you like that :( . I think i would be devastated if i would get selected and not called to interview. I wish all the luck to you this year and hope for the best ;)