• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hi Mom I just got 6 emails from USCIS with 6 different receipt numbers, are those for mine and my husbands I485, I754, and advanced parole card. Both of us applied for all 3 benefits. My husband did not receive any emails. Is that usual?

Mom, I just felt a little worry about this after I followed everyone's post. I included my husband(selectee)'s mom's bank statement because we both are student visa. she lives in our country but I asked her to give her bank account in USD. I thought it was ok because that means she will helps us. But I discovered most of them included I-134, I actually didn't... because when I prepared I thought we don't need it because her bank has enough money to support us plus she is not US citizen. I just put her bank account in our country, because I did same thing when I got F1.
But do you think I should prepare I-134 (My husband's aunt is US citizen) now and bring it at the interview? or INFOPASS...? I will have INFOPASS appointment next Friday.

All the necessary information has been listed on the AOS spreadsheet to simplify the process. Your sponsor should be US based, the AOS petition is not the same as a student visa petition. I've said it over and over again, if you're on a student visa, have an I-134 on hand as a back up financial document for the interview.

Hello mom and everyone,
Today I had my interview and I want to share the experience.
We arrived five minutes before the appointment time. They immediately called our name and we entered the interview room. We did the swear and he asked all of us about I-485, checked passport and photos and then I told them that I have another birth if certificate so he told me to mail to them to add to the file and that's all.
But
At the end he said that he cannot approve the case today neither after still waiting for name check from FBI and this sometimes takes a year :(((( he said they will send another request to FBI and wait for their response.
Anyone had similar experience? And is it normal to wait all this time for name check. I am afraid the fiscal year is over and they are still waiting!
Any suggestions

Sounds like you're on AP, it's not unusual for some people's background check to take longer than others. Your initial check possibly resulted in what's known as a 'hit' which means they need to carry out some further checks before approving your case. Nothing you can do for now but to remain patient.

Hi Mom I just got 6 emails from USCIS with 6 different receipt numbers, are those for mine and my husbands I485, I754, and advanced parole card. Both of us applied for all 3 benefits. My husband did not receive any emails. Is that usual?

Yes they're for the six different forms you both submitted, yes its quite usual/normal for one person to receive all the notifications.

All the necessary information has been listed on the AOS spreadsheet to simplify the process. Your sponsor should be US based, the AOS petition is not the same as a student visa petition. I've said it over and over again, if you're on a student visa, have an I-134 on hand as a back up financial document for the interview.
Thank you mom now I'm so sorry now. It's all my fault that I didn't check enough. Do you think it might possible they reject us because of this before interview? If they do so, can we appeal again? And do we need I-134 only one for both of us or we need 1 sponsor for each? We can't bring it in INFOPASS right?

Thanks for your reply. What is AP?

Sounds like you're on AP, it's not unusual for some people's background check to take longer than others. Your initial check possibly resulted in what's known as a 'hit' which means they need to carry out some further checks before approving your case. Nothing you can do for now but to remain patient.

Thank you mom now I'm so sorry now. It's all my fault that I didn't check enough. Do you think it might possible they reject us because of this before interview? If they do so, can we appeal again? And do we need I-134 only one for both of us or we need 1 sponsor for each? We can't bring it in INFOPASS right?

- No, they cannot/will not deny your petition prior to your interview
- It may be possible to appeal an AOS denial depending on the reason for the denial, of course time factor may also not make an appeal feasible in a DV based AOS petition.
- One made out to the main applicant usually covers both the main selectee and their derivatives.
- Additional documents cannot be submitted at an infopass appointment, only during the interview itself if required.

AP = Administrative Processing/Procedure

Read the following Thread for more information:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/an-open-letter-to-simon.321638/page-2
Thank you mom. I hope I am not on AP or anything that delay the process. They told me they will request information again since 90 days past since I submitted my stuff. FO told me the reason of the delay is that they little behind this year and many cases are still pending. I have been in USA 6 years with legal status. I hope everything will be resolved soon and I will ask for INFOPASS if I haven't received any updates the following months

- No, they cannot/will not deny your petition prior to your interview
- It may be possible to appeal an AOS denial depending on the reason for the denial, of course time factor may also not make an appeal feasible in a DV based AOS petition.
- One made out to the main applicant usually covers both the main selectee and their derivatives.
- Additional documents cannot be submitted at an infopass appointment, only during the interview itself if required.
Thank you so much mom for kind response. Does sponsor need W-2 or 1099 only one year or past 3 years? Also does she need her bank statement?

Thank you so much mom for kind response. Does sponsor need W-2 or 1099 only one year or past 3 years? Also does she need her bank statement?

- W-2 or 1099 for the past one year should be fine.
- Doesn't hurt to include sponsor's employment letter and/or bank statements if they're willing to provide them.

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forum and I was going through this messages and found the Excel sheet for AOS which is quite interesting, but kind of confused here. Can anyone explain me please, is 2NL received after submission of DS-260? Explain me if i am wrong.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forum and I was going through this messages and found the Excel sheet for AOS which is quite interesting, but kind of confused here. Can anyone explain me please, is 2NL received after submission of DS-260? Explain me if i am wrong.
Yes. It took me around 5 months to get my 2NL. Submitted in May, received letter in October, granted that I submitted ds260 before the fiscal year started in October. Yours probably shouldn't take as long. And it wasn't a critical document for my AOS package or the interview. Though the IO may ask for it.

@bludragon,,, my case number is in AS6xxx..and i have not submitted my DS-260 yet. but i got the paid email receipt for DV fee. I do not know whether my case number will going to be current or not.. Anyways waiting for my number...Thanks for the answer. Do you advice me to have a attorney at the time of interview...????

Last edited:
@bludragon,,, my case number is in AS6xxx..and i have not submitted my DS-260 yet. but i got the paid email receipt for DV fee. I do not know whether my case number will going to be current or not.. Anyways waiting for my number...Thanks for the answer. Do you advice me to have a attorney at the time of interview...????

Having an attorney at the interview isn't going to make USCIS approve any case that cannot be approved based on its own merit to start it.

@Sm1smom,, but i have seen at some messages some people had an attorney at the time of interview and advised to have it.
But i have everything which needs to have but still confused....thanks.

@Sm1smom,, but i have seen at some messages some people had an attorney at the time of interview and advised to have it.
But i have everything which needs to have but still confused....thanks.
Like mom said you would not get any benefit having an attorney present. In fact you would loose some money. I was also like you at the beginning and I consult an attorney. But luckily he was not one of those blood sucking one. First thing he told me is this is so simple you can do it on your own and you dont need me. Then he told me he can review my documents for free if I need it. But if I want him present at the interview I have to pay him and he said its not necessary. One thing he told me towards the end was if I don't receive the interview letter let him know as he can probably help me out there for free of charge. But it would be difficult to find that sort of an attorney. After reviewing my documents he told me everything in inorder and nothing is missing (in fact he told me I dont have to send my SSN card copy but I send it anyway). So this spreadsheet is wonderful. If you really have to pay money for a lawyer just to write your name, address, etc etc on a piece of paper be my guest. Its your case and its your decision.