• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2016 CEAC data published...

Have you taken into account the several thousands of visas from the EU/OC quota which will be allotted to AF, AS and SA regions?

No. That "should" happen, but I don't want to get people worked up about that - because I don't think we have ever seen it in practice. Further - perhaps I had misunderstood - but I thought it only applied to the low admission regions - i.e. would not help AS and SA - although I admit it has been a long time since I checked the wording.

Some old numbers. They might be slightly off because I revised the database in the meantime, but I think the conclusion that AS received EU visas is still valid. All regions went current in that year.

uc

Some old numbers. They might be slightly off because I revised the database in the meantime, but I think the conclusion that AS received EU visas is still valid. All regions went current in that year.

uc

Thanks Roger - that certainly would be a lifeline to the other regions. Still the whole thing seems a bit bizarre - lthough maybe this was exactly what they were trying to achieve with the under selection in EU in particular.

No, it must be a mistake. Doing it on purpose would mean violating the law, wouldn't it?

I can't be certain. There was the odd thing that the 1NLs mentioned 84k selectees, then the numbers went out at 92k. Perhaps they expanded AS and AF regions. I'm not sure. I guess this year will give us some twists and turns.

I'm publishing the concept - with a dose of caution.

I can't be certain. There was the odd thing that the 1NLs mentioned 84k selectees, then the numbers went out at 92k. Perhaps they expanded AS and AF regions. I'm not sure. I guess this year will give us some twists and turns.

There have been a number of years where the two numbers have been different, and I think understanding why is one of the things about the DV process we just don't know,