• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Passport birth place different from Birth Certificate

mfk2901

Hello, I am new to this forum and to the whole green card process. I won the 2016 dv lottery. First, I want to thank Mom for doing the great job of helping people all around the world, when I discovered this forum SO MANY questions were answered. That out of the way, I have an issue with my application.

So after I noticed I won the lottery, I went ahead and submitted the online DS-260. Last month I recieved the 2LN or whatever it is called, that email from KCC thanking me for notifying about adjustment of status. I am a F1 student and currently enrolled full time student. Here is the deal. After I filled out the 260 form, I had to renew my Tunisian passport at the Tunisian Embassy in DC. It took me a day, and I got a new one. I still have the old one. However, they did a mistake and replaced the City of Birth on my original passport with the Capital of Tunisia (Tunis) on the new one. And now I am afraid that I will run into new trouble further down ahead the process, especially during the interview.

Is this a big of a deal? Do I have to correct it? By the way, my dv rank is 30xxx, so I still have plenty of time to wait until my turn. What do you advise?

Another question, when do you estimate the 30xxx ranks will be available on the Visa Bulletin? I saw that in 2015, 30xxx was reached around february.

Hello, I am new to this forum and to the whole green card process. I won the 2016 dv lottery. First, I want to thank Mom for doing the great job of helping people all around the world, when I discovered this forum SO MANY questions were answered. That out of the way, I have an issue with my application.

So after I noticed I won the lottery, I went ahead and submitted the online DS-260. Last month I recieved the 2LN or whatever it is called, that email from KCC thanking me for notifying about adjustment of status. I am a F1 student and currently enrolled full time student. Here is the deal. After I filled out the 260 form, I had to renew my Tunisian passport at the Tunisian Embassy in DC. It took me a day, and I got a new one. I still have the old one. However, they did a mistake and replaced the City of Birth on my original passport with the Capital of Tunisia (Tunis) on the new one. And now I am afraid that I will run into new trouble further down ahead the process, especially during the interview.

Is this a big of a deal? Do I have to correct it? By the way, my dv rank is 30xxx, so I still have plenty of time to wait until my turn. What do you advise?

Thanks for thanking me. However, I'm not the only one helping people in this forum. Simon, Susie and a bunch of others are equally helping in guiding people through the DV process. So kudos to them all as well.

Regarding your question, you should be fine if you stick to the place of birth as listed on your B/C on forms that requires the information. If it makes you feel better though (and since the process seem relatively easy for you), you may want to return to your embassy and get a new passport.

Seems like you're processing AOS, so I suggest you post all AOS related questions on the AOS Thread.

I only saw you on all the forums so I dont know the others. Thanks to everyone in that case!!
Ok the problem is that I used the birth place location on my passport to fill all the forms. The one on the BC is different. Basically, the ones on the forms and passport is the State, whereas the BC place is the City within the State. Its very confusing. I called the Tunisian Embassy, and they said if there is a problem they can fix it for me. So here is what I am going to do, I will just continue the process like this, and if the interviewer tells me that something is wrong I will contact the Embassy to fix the birth place on passport to match the one on the BC. What do you think?

Here is a clearer version:
Birth place on DV Lottery + older passport: Ariana (Governorate)
Birth place on DS260 + new passport: Tunis (Governorate and capital of Tunisia)
Birth place on BC: Menzeh IV (City in Tunis).
Its verryyy confusing I know, all these three places are side by side in Tunisia.

Do you think they can refuse a Green Card just because the birth place is messed up?

I only saw you on all the forums so I dont know the others. Thanks to everyone in that case!!
Ok the problem is that I used the birth place location on my passport to fill all the forms. The one on the BC is different. Basically, the ones on the forms and passport is the State, whereas the BC place is the City within the State. Its very confusing. I called the Tunisian Embassy, and they said if there is a problem they can fix it for me. So here is what I am going to do, I will just continue the process like this, and if the interviewer tells me that something is wrong I will contact the Embassy to fix the birth place on passport to match the one on the BC. What do you think?

Its verryyy confusing I know, all these three places are side by side in Tunisia.

Do you think they can refuse a Green Card just because the birth place is messed up?

Oh, so you're going to wait until the interviewer tells you something is wrong before you go back to fix something you obviously have enough time to fix now? Good luck with that!

Alright then I will do, btw it doesn't matter I get a new passport right? Even after I submitted the ds-260?

Applicable information is being requested for USCIS forms in the following format: "Place of Birth (Town or City)", sometimes as "City, and Country of Birth" and occasionally as "Place of Birth: Town or City + State/Province + Country. "Town/City" being the common denominator. This is also the format most often used on birth certificates, isn't it? One would presume that the respective passport information should normally be in line with the birth certificate.

Hi,

I have an situation here.

In My daughters birth certificate place of birth mentioned is - "Hospital name". However passport has place of birth - City Name & state.
Hospital is in same city and state that mentioned on passport.

Will there be any issue. Please Suggest.

Self: My birth certificate has place of birth - "Hospital name", Locality and Town Name
However passport has place of birth - "Town name", City Name & state (in short cut)

Hi,

I have an situation here.

In My daughters birth certificate place of birth mentioned is - "Hospital name". However passport has place of birth - City Name & state.
Hospital is in same city and state that mentioned on passport.

Self: My birth certificate has place of birth - "Hospital name", Locality and Town Name
However passport has place of birth - "Town name", City Name & state (in short cut)

It will be fine. If necessary (if it's a small town that the embassy officials may not know for example) take something showing that the hospital is on the city mentioned in the passport.

Thanks Susie. It was for applying green card in EB1 category. Birth Certificate has already mentioned locality where hospital falls, city and state. Do i need anything as a secondary evidence or affidavit in both my daughter and self case.

Thanks Susie. It was for applying green card in EB1 category. Birth Certificate has already mentioned locality where hospital falls, city and state. Do i need anything as a secondary evidence or affidavit in both my daughter and self case.

Well if it's all in the birth certificate already you're fine.

Hi Everyone.

I've query over birth place mismatch between in Indian Passport and BC.

Below is content from from my BC:
"This to certify that the following information has been taken from the original record of birth which is the register for (local area / local body ) KOLHAR BK of tahasil / block SHRIRAMPUR of district AHMEDNAGAR of MAHARASHTRA state.
Birth place in BC is - Hospital Name only.

Passport Birth Place Details:
In my passport birthplace is village name with sub-unit - "Kolhar Bhagavatipur" which is also my permanent address mentioned in BC

Queries:

After comparing both details from BC what should be my birth place for passport & for other immigration process (like GC). Is it Hospital name only or local area / local body as mentioned in BC in which hospital belongs.

Please advice, my passport is expiring & while renewing it I'm planning to correct by birth place on my passport if necessary.

Thanks in Advance.