• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 winners from Sri Lanka

I have a London a-levels after I completed my o-levels.will this be ok?and I can proceed accordingly?

Yes - ideally you would have three passes at A level - Cs or above. That would meet the standard required as it is the "entry point" for University.

hey guys i have completed on london o/level but i dropped from advanced Level. But i went on doing my edexcel HND which is completed. Can i show O/Level and Edexel HND as an educational requirement , In this case the US wanted that all applicant applying under education should have high school completed ????

hey guys i have completed on london o/level but i dropped from advanced Level. But i went on doing my edexcel HND which is completed. Can i show O/Level and Edexel HND as an educational requirement , In this case the US wanted that all applicant applying under education should have high school completed ????

That is not a simple answer.

A levels are "lower" than an HND - but the HND is lower than a Bachelors. To my thinking they may look at the history of dropping out from A levels and conclude that you went for a higher level (and non secondary education) qualification. In the same way that a Bachelors degree doesn't strictly meet the DV lottery requirement, you may have the same issue with the HND.

So - that then comes down to the CO.; Some have been known to accept the higher qualification, others have tended to be strict about applying the rules and would expect the A level standard to be met.

If your work experience is of the right type and duration, I would recommend you prepare a work experience case also...

Yes - ideally you would have three passes at A level - Cs or above. That would meet the standard required as it is the "entry point" for University.

Simon, I think in Sri Lanka, A 'pass' is equivalent to a 'S' not a 'C' .. Someone could be accepted to a local university if he/She has three 'S's..

Yea, But the embassy site says three passes in Advance level means three 'S's.. Not three 'C's
And the certificate issued by the local authorities, not US..

If the embassy site says it's fine that's fine.
I underestand that the certificates are issued locally, the point I was trying to make is that the U.S. judges whether local education meets the required standard for DV on whether it is acceptable for US college entry, as that is the required equivalency to a U.S. high school education.

If the embassy site says it's fine that's fine.
I underestand that the certificates are issued locally, the point I was trying to make is that the U.S. judges whether local education meets the required standard for DV on whether it is acceptable for US college entry, as that is the required equivalency to a U.S. high school education.

I know,
The site says "
  • Education: The minimum educational requirement is the successful completion of 3 GCE A-level subjects, not including General English. In compliance with U.S. immigration regulations, completion of 6 GCE O-level subjects is no longer sufficient to qualify for the DV program.
"
Successful completion means 'S'..

Th
That is not a simple answer.

A levels are "lower" than an HND - but the HND is lower than a Bachelors. To my thinking they may look at the history of dropping out from A levels and conclude that you went for a higher level (and non secondary education) qualification. In the same way that a Bachelors degree doesn't strictly meet the DV lottery requirement, you may have the same issue with the HND.

So - that then comes down to the CO.; Some have been known to accept the higher qualification, others have tended to be strict about applying the rules and would expect the A level standard to be met.

If your work experience is of the right type and duration, I would recommend you prepare a work experience case also...

Thank You Britsimon

In this case , i have experience in Project management since 2013 april, i was employed as Project Team Lead and promoted as Sr Project team lead recently, however i couldnt match my job with any thing on O-Net. i do see Project Team lead/Senior Team Lead is skilled but those are relating to IT and Constructions. What i do is basically Onboard new clients sucessfully to my company as Sr Project Team Lead. Any thoughts

Th

Thank You Britsimon

In this case , i have experience in Project management since 2013 april, i was employed as Project Team Lead and promoted as Sr Project team lead recently, however i couldnt match my job with any thing on O-Net. i do see Project Team lead/Senior Team Lead is skilled but those are relating to IT and Constructions. What i do is basically Onboard new clients sucessfully to my company as Sr Project Team Lead. Any thoughts

You'll have to do some more looking - but I suspect that will come out at too low a level. IT and Construction PMs have specific skills and qualifications whereas your role is more a customer service or sales cycle role. It is unlikely to require 2 years of training to perform the role.

You'll have to do some more looking - but I suspect that will come out at too low a level. IT and Construction PMs have specific skills and qualifications whereas your role is more a customer service or sales cycle role. It is unlikely to require 2 years of training to perform the role.

Thank You Britsimon. I was shocked when Sales reps are skilled in level 4 but my occupation Senior Project Team Lead is only specified for IT. However saying that i have even done induction training for new recruits, involved in Interview process/Recruitment process , i have even done Training and Development as-well. Do you feel that i might be put down to level 3

Thank You Britsimon. I was shocked when Sales reps are skilled in level 4 but my occupation Senior Project Team Lead is only specified for IT. However saying that i have even done induction training for new recruits, involved in Interview process/Recruitment process , i have even done Training and Development as-well. Do you feel that i might be put down to level 3

They don't raise or lower the score. They either accept your proof that your job is the role described, or they dont.

They don't raise or lower the score. They either accept your proof that your job is the role described, or they dont.

Thanks Bristsimon for all your valuable advice. i have requested all documents eventually expecting to get all before mid of August. Is it too long Sir to apply by submit my application mid of August to US embassy , since i was selected on May 5th its almost 2 months. My last digits are 5XX. ???

Thanks Bristsimon for all your valuable advice. i have requested all documents eventually expecting to get all before mid of August. Is it too long Sir to apply by submit my application mid of August to US embassy , since i was selected on May 5th its almost 2 months. My last digits are 5XX. ???
Are you talking about DV2016? It's not late as DV 2016 interviews will start in October 2015 and finish in September 2016.

Have you finished high school?

Only London O/Levels , i didnt do my A/Levels. Instead i completed HND and currently following final "Year BBA, Since i do not want to risk my application for Education qualifications i am going to apply based on my work experience.

Only London O/Levels , i didnt do my A/Levels. Instead i completed HND and currently following final "Year BBA, Since i do not want to risk my application for Education qualifications i am going to apply based on my work experience.

Can someone explain what is medical examination is about. I heard they strip u naked , is that true???

Hm, ok. Have you checked to ensure that your job matches the minimum requirements of job zone 4 or 5 with SVP of 7 or more? http://www.onetonline.org/
http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...are-selected/confirm-your-qualifications.html