• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

visa-approved11-thumb-500x450-83310.jpg

i want to take this moment to thank our amazing moderators; Brit simon, susieQQQ & Sms1mon for their priceless advise and wise counsel. u made the whole process so easy. u guys are the best .

Congratulations and all the best with relocation

Random comment:
Today, a rough mental sketch of my five year strategy in the in the Washington DC metro area finally came through my mind. It was hard and I am glad it did come after almost a year of thinking and finding out , rethinking on and on and on.

All I have to do is write it down, research and fine tune, print bind and pack it carefully. Then I will go before the end of August, not to be heard of until after 24 months.
I have said this to encourage you to also try and come up with one. You need it. Its part of the American dream.

Congratulations. Did you notice the determined tireless act by the airline staff for 14 plus hours?
Only comment to them is on the first leg between Nairobi and Dubai.The Announcements in broken swahili left me in stitches. It's a sweet language when fluently done.
Wish you well in your efforts to start pursuing a new dream.
Yeah,emirates attendents were up and down till reached our destination.My first flight ever:).

Hi everybody. Is there anybody here or anybody you know you filled the original DV as single then married after being selected then included the spouse in the DS 260 forms and went with them to the interview? If any, were they issued with a visa?

Hi everybody. Is there anybody here or anybody you know you filled the original DV as single then married after being selected then included the spouse in the DS 260 forms and went with them to the interview? If any, were they issued with a visa?

Haven't you asked this already?
Yes, plenty have done this, as long as it is a genuine marriage and that can be proved.
Plenty of people have also tried to get visas with "green card marriages" and been unsuccessful, in this case neither the applicant nor the spouse will get a visa and they will probably get a ban on entry to the US because of visa fraud.

I will deviate a bit. Any body following the on goings in Nairobi about Obama's intended visit and anticipated stand on same sex rights?
As an LPR who is an aspiring American citizen (He is my president) and a Kenyan citizen for all my my life, i hope he will be sensitive to the culture here and the anxieties of most Kenyans.
Its a big opportunity for BOTH countries and t must not go to waste!!

so in keeping with tradition of the forum . i am back to give my experience. i do hope it helps someone out there .
Timeline of the whole process

1 OCT 2013: Entered 2015 DV Lottery

1May 2014: 2015 DV Lottery results released. Received first notification letter via https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/ stating that I was selected for further processing. Case number: 2015AF000363**

19 MAY 2014: Filled and sent the DS260 form .We were the first group to fill an online form.

2 JUNE 2015: Received second notification letter via https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/ with the interview date

11JUNE 2015: Received Ugandan police clearance certificate

22&23 JUNE 2015: Medical done in Nairobi at IOM

06 JULY 2015: Successful interview at the US embassy in Nairobi.

Medical

I had the medical done at IOM located in Gigiri on Un avenue. I was asked in an email after making the booking to arrive at 7am and requested to carry: my interview notification letter, 2 passport size photos, and passport. P.S I could only book for medical appointment after I had received my 2nl .I got there at about 6:15am and there was already a long queue. My advice to anyone going for the medicals in Nairobi to arrive early because we were attended to according to a number that we were given showing our arrival time(basically it was a first come first serve or whoever pushed their way through the gate first ) .It is bloody cold …….sooooo cold.

DAY 1

Carry 2 passport pic(2x2)

3 copies of your passport bio data page

Money to pay

2 notification letter

Passport

Day 1 is all about counseling (preparing you for the procedures u are about to undergo). Next will be the blood tests and XRAYS. Then u are sent to the vaccination office to get a quote of your bill and then sent to village market mall to pay at CBA bank. We were so many people so the process takes a while and many times we found ourselves outside in the cold as we waited.

DAY 2

Confirmation of payment (bank slip will be handed to the accountant)

Thorough medical checkup (this is the part where u strip naked ).

It is also the part where u know your fate. (Look out to see if your CD is on top of the desk as soon as u enter the doctors room. This is how u know all is well.

Vaccination

the second dose will be done when u get to the USA or if u are still around u can always go back to IOM

Actual interview

I arrived at exactly 6am on the interview day. It was so cold. There were 20 or so people ahead of me. We were asked to split into two lines ….one for men and one for women. Women with children were the asked to go to the front of line. We were then called to the front according to our appointment time. We were asked for our interview appointment letters and passports and then frisked and let through the first gate. we then walked up to another check were we were then led into a room in groups of four asked to switch our cell phones off and leave them behind that included , digital music players, flash drives, laptops, cameras and the likes. Security clearance took about 20 minutes I was then asked the proceed to the waiting area where I was received by another security officer who asked me go pick a number come back and wait for my name to be called out.

1 hour later, my name was called. I must admit the wait was quite nerve racking to say the least despite having all the requested documents and being adequately prepared. The first lady to interview me was a Kenyan lady. She was very friendly and asked for the following requested documents and their copies: passport, birth certificate, education certificates – senior 4 & senior 6.(all Ugandans should take note and carry senior 4 certificate as well) police clearance certificate , 2 passport size photos .-
She asked me the following questions while she typed my answers into the computer:

· Have you been to the US? When?

· Do u have an criminal record? Have u ever been arrested for sth?

· Have u been denied a USA visa?

All this took at most 5 minutes. She then asked me to proceed to the cashier and pay 330$ and return the slip to her .I was then asked to go back out in the cold and wait for my number to be called again. After another 30 mins my number was called to window 5 where an American lady electronically took my finger prints and then it was back out to the cold.

I waited another 30 minutes until I was called again. The second interviewing officer was an American lady . she asked me to raise my right had and swear to tell the truth which I did .She asked me the following questions while she typed my answers into the computer:

· Are u married? Have u ever been married?

· Do u have kids?

· Do you have relatives in the US? Is that who you are planning to stay with?

· Which state are they?

I SEE NO PROBLEM WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS. VISA GRANTED!

The second interview took at most 2 minutes. She then wrote down my details on a green piece of paper and handed it to me along with my education certificates and birth certificate. She said something about Dhl but I did not get any of it as my mind had taken leave. The embassy was so busy that day. We must have been about 200 people though most were there for non immigrant visas.
SO ....THAT IS IT FOLKS!

so in keeping with tradition of the forum . i am back to give my experience. i do hope it helps someone out there .
Timeline of the whole process

1 OCT 2013: Entered 2015 DV Lottery

1May 2014: 2015 DV Lottery results released. Received first notification letter via https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/ stating that I was selected for further processing. Case number: 2015AF000363**

19 MAY 2014: Filled and sent the DS260 form .We were the first group to fill an online form.

2 JUNE 2015: Received second notification letter via https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/ with the interview date

11JUNE 2015: Received Ugandan police clearance certificate

22&23 JUNE 2015: Medical done in Nairobi at IOM

06 JULY 2015: Successful interview at the US embassy in Nairobi.

Medical

I had the medical done at IOM located in Gigiri on Un avenue. I was asked in an email after making the booking to arrive at 7am and requested to carry: my interview notification letter, 2 passport size photos, and passport. P.S I could only book for medical appointment after I had received my 2nl .I got there at about 6:15am and there was already a long queue. My advice to anyone going for the medicals in Nairobi to arrive early because we were attended to according to a number that we were given showing our arrival time(basically it was a first come first serve or whoever pushed their way through the gate first ) .It is bloody cold …….sooooo cold.

DAY 1

Carry 2 passport pic(2x2)

3 copies of your passport bio data page

Money to pay

2 notification letter

Passport

Day 1 is all about counseling (preparing you for the procedures u are about to undergo). Next will be the blood tests and XRAYS. Then u are sent to the vaccination office to get a quote of your bill and then sent to village market mall to pay at CBA bank. We were so many people so the process takes a while and many times we found ourselves outside in the cold as we waited.

DAY 2

Confirmation of payment (bank slip will be handed to the accountant)

Thorough medical checkup (this is the part where u strip naked ).

It is also the part where u know your fate. (Look out to see if your CD is on top of the desk as soon as u enter the doctors room. This is how u know all is well.

Vaccination

the second dose will be done when u get to the USA or if u are still around u can always go back to IOM

Actual interview

I arrived at exactly 6am on the interview day. It was so cold. There were 20 or so people ahead of me. We were asked to split into two lines ….one for men and one for women. Women with children were the asked to go to the front of line. We were then called to the front according to our appointment time. We were asked for our interview appointment letters and passports and then frisked and let through the first gate. we then walked up to another check were we were then led into a room in groups of four asked to switch our cell phones off and leave them behind that included , digital music players, flash drives, laptops, cameras and the likes. Security clearance took about 20 minutes I was then asked the proceed to the waiting area where I was received by another security officer who asked me go pick a number come back and wait for my name to be called out.

1 hour later, my name was called. I must admit the wait was quite nerve racking to say the least despite having all the requested documents and being adequately prepared. The first lady to interview me was a Kenyan lady. She was very friendly and asked for the following requested documents and their copies: passport, birth certificate, education certificates – senior 4 & senior 6.(all Ugandans should take note and carry senior 4 certificate as well) police clearance certificate , 2 passport size photos .-
She asked me the following questions while she typed my answers into the computer:

· Have you been to the US? When?

· Do u have an criminal record? Have u ever been arrested for sth?

· Have u been denied a USA visa?

All this took at most 5 minutes. She then asked me to proceed to the cashier and pay 330$ and return the slip to her .I was then asked to go back out in the cold and wait for my number to be called again. After another 30 mins my number was called to window 5 where an American lady electronically took my finger prints and then it was back out to the cold.

I waited another 30 minutes until I was called again. The second interviewing officer was an American lady . she asked me to raise my right had and swear to tell the truth which I did .She asked me the following questions while she typed my answers into the computer:

· Are u married? Have u ever been married?

· Do u have kids?

· Do you have relatives in the US? Is that who you are planning to stay with?

· Which state are they?

I SEE NO PROBLEM WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS. VISA GRANTED!

The second interview took at most 2 minutes. She then wrote down my details on a green piece of paper and handed it to me along with my education certificates and birth certificate. She said something about Dhl but I did not get any of it as my mind had taken leave. The embassy was so busy that day. We must have been about 200 people though most were there for non immigrant visas.
SO ....THAT IS IT FOLKS!
Congrats bro and all the best!