• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Mom quick question about the DV fee. In the application we only have to include selectees name and surname. I dont see a place to include derivatives name and surname Is that fine ? http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...nstructions-for-selectees/adjustment-fee.html

Yes, that is correct. No room for derivatives, you only have to list the number of people covered by the payment in addition to stating just the selectees first and last name, and your CN of course.

There are 2 conditions:
1. The medical examination report was submitted to USCIS less than one year after completion of the examination;
2. The benefit application is adjudicated no more than one year after the date the medical examination report was submitted to USCIS;

{*deep sigh*}

I'm not sure why you're trying to over flog this issue of medical exam validity which clearly has been reduced to 6 months (or 3 depending on medical conditions) effective Mar. 1st, 2015. I clearly linked to the USCIS Memo stating this change in policy on the AOS spreadsheet:

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/policy_updates/CDC_Revisions_to_Visa_Medical_Examinations (02-2015).pdf

9FAM 40.11 N6: Validity of Medical Of Applicant's Medical Examination also clearly states that:

a. Medical examination validity is determined by CDC. All posts are required to use the 2007 TB Technical Instructions. The following validity periods apply:

1. (1) 6 month validity: No Class, Non-TB Class A condition, Class B2 LTBI, Class B3 TB (Contact Evaluation), and all non-TB Class B conditions including Specific Class B conditions and Class B Other Conditions:

NOTE: For the complete table on medical exam validity, see 9 FAM 40.11 Exhibit I.
(2) 3 month validity: Class “A” TB with waiver (rare), Class “B”1 TB Pulmonary, Class “B”1 TB Extrapulmonary, and HIV Infection (with or or without a TB class)

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86936.pdf (p.4)

Feel free to go with the instruction on the document you linked to, which was last updated in Oct. 2014, or go with the updated information which is effective from Mar 1st, 2015 hereby provided.

Feel free to go with the instruction on the document you linked to, which was last updated in Oct. 2014, or go with the updated information which is effective from Mar 1st, 2015 hereby provided.
Hope it was my last question, as I figured out almost everything about AOS :)

Thank you for your patience!

Hope it was my last question, as I figured out almost everything about AOS :)

Thank you for your patience!

It's okay, ask more questions if you need to. Will always try to answer (even though I may sometimes snarl when answering :p)

This question might be not related to this topic, but I was wondering how can I know that my cashier's check has been cashed or not? I sent my DV fee two weeks ago and I haven't received the receipt yet. Thanks!

Hi,

I am looking for some specific initial advice on my case. I have read through the spreadsheets and this thread and other years threads. First off, thanks to all of those who give time on this forum. I am going to try and get all my info down to not waste peoples time - sorry. I understand the process but it is a little tricky with my status dates.

Case Number is OC6xx. As background in the 2015 drawing, this CN became current in December but in earlier drawings it was in later months.

I am currently on an E3 visa ( expires Dec 17, 2015) with a dependant wife (who has an EAD as an e3 dependant) and two dependant children.

My I-94 expires May 31, 2017 (I just re-entered the US after a personal trip and they extended my I-94 for 2 years on re-entry)
Wife and kids I-94 expires Dec 17, 2015
I am the recipient of the DV.

My current employer would normally look to apply for an Extension of Status for non-immigrant (EOS) for the wife and kids some time this year, to bring them in to line with my I-94 2017 date.

Seeing as wife and kids end date of the I-94 is close to the potential "CN becomes current", I am not sure what I should do?

Should I plan to wait for my CN to become current (I should know if it is December in the advanced November cutoff numbers by mid October?). I am aware that some applications can get rejected if filing early.

On top of this, my wifes EAD expires on Dec 17, 2015. If we have the application for AOS in by then, I am thinking she would need to stop work until she gets the EAD. Is there any way she can continue work? The EAD for us is not priority. The biggest thing for us is to do everything correctly with little risk on missing out on the Green cards.

I am thinking the other option is for my company to apply for EOS for wife and kids soon. With the pending EOS, my wife can apply to extend her EAD in July. If the company EOS is still pending, can I then still apply for AOS when I become current? (I have just gone through an EOS for my kids (their passport expired) and that took 8 months).

Last edited:
This question might be not related to this topic, but I was wondering how can I know that my cashier's check has been cashed or not? I sent my DV fee two weeks ago and I haven't received the receipt yet. Thanks!

For sheeezz! I thought I told you a few days ago it could take up to 8 weeks to get back the payment receipt.

{Looks like I may have to add lots of cool-aid to my regular glass of margaritas to get though this 2016 FY :oops::oops:}

Anyway, you can contact your bank to find out if the check has been cashed.

Hi,

I am looking for some specific initial advice on my case. I have read through the spreadsheets and this thread and other years threads. First off, thanks to all of those who give time on this forum. I am going to try and get all my info down to not waste peoples time - sorry. I understand the process but it is a little tricky with my status dates.

Case Number is OC6xx. As background in the 2015 drawing, this CN became current in December but in earlier drawings it was in later months.

I am currently on an E3 visa ( expires Dec 17, 2015) with a dependant wife (who has an EAD as an e3 dependant) and two dependant children.

My I-94 expires May 31, 2017 (I just re-entered the US after a personal trip and they extended my I-94 for 2 years on re-entry)
Wife and kids I-94 expires Dec 17, 2015
I am the recipient of the DV.

My current employer would normally look to apply for an Extension of Status for non-immigrant (EOS) for the wife and kids some time this year, to bring them in to line with my I-94 2017 date.

Seeing as wife and kids end date of the I-94 is close to the potential "CN becomes current", I am not sure what I should do?

Should I plan to wait for my CN to become current (I should know if it is December in the advanced November cutoff numbers by mid October?). I am aware that some applications can get rejected if filing early.

On top of this, my wifes EAD expires on Dec 17, 2015. If we have the application for AOS in by then, I am thinking she would need to stop work until she gets the EAD. Is there any way she can continue work? The EAD for us is not priority. The biggest thing for us is to do everything correctly with little risk on missing out on the Green cards.

I am thinking the other option is for my company to apply for EOS for wife and kids soon. With the pending EOS, my wife can apply to extend her EAD in July. If the company EOS is still pending, can I then still apply for AOS when I become current? (I have just gone through an EOS for my kids (their passport expired) and that took 8 months).

Don't take the gamble of your CN becoming current to determine whether or not to file an EOS for your wife and kids. Even though their current status expires on Dec 2015, and you have a somewhat low CN which could possibly become current before their current status expires (you will actually know in October when the November VB comes out if you'll be current in Dec or not), nevertheless you don't want them to be out of current status by the time of your interview. It's never a good idea to go out of status prior to the interview just in case the petition is denied, or in a worst case scenario, the package is rejected and you need to re-file, if that were to happened they will no longer qualify for AOS. So the summary of my long story is: get your employer to file their EOS ASAP.

Nothing wrong with having multiple petitions in the system at the same time. You can file AOS with a pending EOS. Worst case scenario, if the AOS fails, you'll always have the E3 visa to fall back on. And you don't have to tell your employer you're filing AOS until approved.

Don't take the gamble of your CN becoming current to determine whether or not to file an EOS for your wife and kids. Even though their current status expires on Dec 2015, and you have a somewhat low CN which could possibly become current before their current status expires (you will actually know in October when the November VB comes out if you'll be current in Dec or not), nevertheless you don't want them to be out of current status by the time of your interview. It's never a good idea to go out of status prior to the interview just in case the petition is denied, or in a worst case scenario, the package is rejected and you need to re-file, if that were to happened they will no longer qualify for AOS. So the summary of my long story is: get your employer to file their EOS ASAP.

Nothing wrong with having multiple petitions in the system at the same time. You can file AOS with a pending EOS. Worst case scenario, if the AOS fails, you'll always have the E3 visa to fall back on. And you don't have to tell your employer you're filing AOS until approved.

Fantastic advice, thank you. I am going to go down that path.

Is it ok to submit the DS-260 straight away which will be before my company submits the EOS?

Last question! If we get to the interview and the EOS is still pending, would that be a problem?

Fantastic advice, thank you. I am going to go down that path.

Is it ok to submit the DS-260 straight away which will be before my company submits the EOS?

Last question! If we get to the interview and the EOS is still pending, would that be a problem?

Hold off on submitting the DS-260, KCC doesn't even process the form for AOSers, so you're not missing anything by submitting it late.

Going for the AOS interview with a pending EOS petition shouldn't be an issue. If your AOS petition gets approved while the EOS is pending, that petition will die a natural night - USCIS will send a denial notice for the EOS which is not a problem since you no longer need it as a LPR. Denial at that stage is the standard outcome in such a situation.

Hold off on submitting the DS-260, KCC doesn't even process the form for AOSers, so you're not missing anything by submitting it late.

Going for the AOS interview with a pending EOS petition shouldn't be an issue. If your AOS petition gets approved while the EOS is pending, that petition will die a natural night - USCIS will send a denial notice for the EOS which is not a problem since you no longer need it as a LPR. Denial at that stage is the standard outcome in such a situation.

Just to be sure, when should I submit the DS-260? (I lied about the last question being my last)

Just to be sure, when should I submit the DS-260? (I lied about the last question being my last)

Oh yeah, I knew it was a lie all along :p, this isn't going to be your last question either :D. You can submit it about 1 month after the EOS petition gets filed.

Hey, I am a student at F1 visa, I just submit my DS260 to proceed the AOS, my CN AS11*** when do you think it will become current! thanks

Oh, But at the end My CN will be selected, what the chance to get the green card, doesn't matter the waiting time

For now, we don't know for certain if your CN will become current or not (and if you're already certain it will become current, then what's the point of asking us about when it will become current?). The chance of getting the GC first and foremost depends on your CN becoming current.