Visiting Canada with US Green card but no passport

mr. a

Registered Users (C)
I am a US permanent resident. I have US Green card but I don't have my Indian passport.

Do I need the passport to visit Canada for few days? Can I use my green card and drivers license?

-- You will need your passport to travel to Canada along with your US Green Card..

I am a US permanent resident. I have US Green card but I don't have my Indian passport.

Do I need the passport to visit Canada for few days? Can I use my green card and drivers license?

Confused???

I just started another thread asking if I can enter Canada by land with a US green card and an expired Philippine passport and someone said all I need is a green card.

Now Big boy is saying I'm gonna need both. What is it really?

No need for passport if you enter Canada by land. But if you fly into Canada then you need passport. The rules will be changing in June though & passports will be required either way.

I've been told different about other country's. I always thought that entering another country exept your country or the US with a US P. Residency Card you would need a passport but only the permanent residency card to return to the US.

Well, this is amazing question I mean. Because for any travel, one needs passport compulsorily irrespective of green cards of any country.

Well, this is amazing question I mean. Because for any travel, one needs passport compulsorily irrespective of green cards of any country.

This is not true. Canada does not require a passport for U.S. permanent residents entering Canada directly from the U.S. And the U.S. does not require a passport for U.S. permanent residents returning to the U.S.

It is not about loving but it was out of my knowledge because I am not a US resident. Also I apologized for that too.. Anyways, Thanks for letting me know that how people are here in this forum..

Well, I wasn't just referring to your post, which, let's admit, was as pompous as mine (you started it with 'Well, this is amazing question').