• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

No please, I havn’t said so. Once you have SHS cert or results with passes in the 5 prerequisite subjects, you are ok. I was explaining to koffis that your HND alone won’t speak volumes. You must meet min educ. qual/ work exp. Once you meet the min education requirements, you are good to go. Visit dvlottery.state.gov for more info. Since you are a potential selectee, I would also refer you to dvselectee.state.gov Good luck
great you made the honor role ..... pass it on bro

I really want to continue my education at the masters level in the US.
Please if am ask what I will do there can I say I would like to school again?
Will it raise questions as to why not school here? And also is there a chance I might get
a school to teach why furthering my education?

I really want to continue my education at the masters level in the US.
Please if am ask what I will do there can I say I would like to school again?
Will it raise questions as to why not school here? And also is there a chance I might get
a school to teach why furthering my education?
how do u finance ur education if u dnt work. left to me i wil say i want to work and school there

how much does it cost to get it the same day?
note that you might pay ($) more if they realise you have been residing in Ghana for less than three (3) months. i will advice that you wait and do the police report some days to your interview if you are not ready to pay $200.

note that you might pay ($) more if they realise you have been residing in Ghana for less than three (3) months. i will advice that you wait and do the police report some days to your interview if you are not ready to pay $200.
You mean police report is $200? Bueeeiiiii!

Britsimon you might be right but we do have a different educational system altogether, i,ve got two cousons who went through the old system of high school they call it ''6th form '' what about them? and the others who entered university through matured entrance exams like my mom don't they qualify as well? looking at this scenarios they all don't have senior high school certificates, i might sound a bit hash on usa14 in my last post concerning the topic of discussion but someone had to stop him because he was causing panic in yaa88's situation, my guess....i stand to be corrected

You mean police report is $200? Bueeeiiiii!
yes if you are non- resident of Ghana. non-residents are whose residing in Ghana for less than 3 months.
Note:
Non-residents who stay in Ghana over three (3) months after arrival would be considered as residents.

Britsimon you might be right but we do have a different educational system altogether, i,ve got two cousons who went through the old system of high school they call it ''6th form '' what about them? and the others who entered university through matured entrance exams like my mom don't they qualify as well? looking at this scenarios they all don't have senior high school certificates, i might sound a bit hash on usa14 in my last post concerning the topic of discussion but someone had to stop him because he was causing panic in yaa88's situation, my guess....i stand to be corrected
6th form qualifies but matured applicant does not.

why not? you might be wrong or not getting my arguement bro, let me explain it well, i ment they now have first degrees , masters and so on... but no senior high school certificates, they got admission into university through matured entrance exams, don't they qualify as well??

Last edited:
why?? you might be wrong or not getting my arguement, i ment they now have first degress a
sixth form, the term survives from an earlier system when the first five years of English secondary schooling were known as forms. Pupils started their first year of secondary school in the first form or first year, and this was the year in which pupils would normally become 12 years of age. Pupils would move up a form each year before entering the fifth form in the year in which they would have their sixteenth birthday. Those who stayed on at school to study for A-levels moved up into the sixth form. like Thowa said, 6th form qualify you not mature exams because they are normally english and math exams from a university and not an examination board. anyway lets move on.
the issue is not the highest level you got now but the need to meet the minimum requirement which must be a successful completion of a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education in the U.S.; OR successful completion in another country of a formal course of elementary and secondary education . note that it is possible to get bachelor degree without high school certificate in which case u will miss the minimum requirement. anyway no need to waste time on this past matter. lets move on

The 'idea' that my earlier post created 'panic' is ludicrous and absurd, to say the least. I just corrected the misinformation that you put up there.

Thowa is correct.

As already pointed out - matured entrance exams are specifically excluded. The rules are clear - but some COs are flexible about taking higher level certs as proof.