• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Does this mean he has 2 interviews at different consulates
1.) B1/B2 ( tourism/visitor)-Uganda consulate can handle that
2.) DV lottery - All Ugandan cases done at Kenyan Embassy.
Observation/Contradictions: Case One (Ugandan) will show Interview for a couple
Case two (Kenyan)currently shows Interview for a single ( which one takes precedence?)

It doesn't matter which takes precedence. The point is the system will show a huge contradiction with him interviewing as married before he interviews as single. Big' big red flag.

thanxs ....what about the yellow fever......since when using some airlines they do stop overs to courtys that are known to have it eg sa and most african countrys....
I have posted all the vaccines administered-Check my postings

DT,DTP,Dtap
2) MMR (measles,mumps,rubella)
3) Influenza
4) For chicken pox-i dot know its name

5) If you want to add others (they will do it an EXTRA fee but not necessary) in fact they ask
whether you want to be tested for HIV for free-If you say yes -they do it and it MUST reflect
in your final certificate .If you say NO They wont.

You are then given a certificate and a compact disk(CD) containing your X-Ray.
They then tell you must be administered some jabs if you stay for 3 months before travel-But they can be done elsewhere at a cheaper rate that's what how they told us.

Last edited:
@Suzy and Mom safe i have finished rescheduling my B!/2 appointment to dec 9th
Let me send the required information now about the dv.
it's better to have as less questions with the CO as possible.

But you said your DV interview is in November so now before the B1/B2? You can't do that. First B is non-immigrant and you have immigrant intent, clearly. Second if you do manage to get a B visa they will have to cancel the immigrant visa first....
Really, you are not thinking things through at all.

But you said your DV interview is in November so now before the B1/B2? You can't do that. First B is non-immigrant and you have immigrant intent, clearly. Second if you do manage to get a B visa they will have to cancel the immigrant visa first....
I think The DV can cater for all he intends to achieve:the issue here is-How is he going to wade through the tide.Sussie kindly take him through step-by-step on what to do and at what point please.

Suzy. Thd dvis in nov and B in dec. If I get the dv ijust cancelthe B of course wh wld I continue withit. However ifidont get it doesnotmean I can not visit for fun.

Suzy. Thd dvis in nov and B in dec. If I get the dv ijust cancelthe B of course wh wld I continue withit. However ifidont get it doesnotmean I can not visit for fun.

You do realise that the B visa is a non-immigrant visa. You need to show you do not have immigrant intent. How do you plan to argue that if you have just been for an immigrant visa interview a few weeks earlier? How do you plan for your wife to claim non-immigrant intent if you her husband have just applied for an immigrant visa, especially if you get the DV?
It's actually quite common for people who have applied for immigrant visas and been denied, to be refused visitor visas. You will need to show very strong ties to home to get a visitor visa in that situation.

It occurs to me that if you have appointments for both, your applications are probably already flagged as they will both have your passport number.

You do realise that the B visa is a non-immigrant visa. You need to show you do not have immigrant intent. How do you plan to argue that if you have just been for an immigrant visa interview a few weeks earlier? How do you plan for your wife to claim non-immigrant intent if you her husband have just applied for an immigrant visa, especially if you get the DV?
It's actually quite common for people who have applied for immigrant visas and been denied, to be refused visitor visas. You will need to show very strong ties to home to get a visitor visa in that situation.

It occurs to me that if you have appointments for both, your applications are probably already flagged as they will both have your passport number.
I think you almost reaching a common ground and am sure all will be well for Kakjose.

Hi Jose,The most IMPORTANT thing here,is for you to notify KCC /NAIROBI EMBASSY the change of status and may be you explain that the Interview came much sooner than expected and was wondering which department to inform KCC or the Embassy.Since its Now Crystal clear that the(Nairobi Embassy) has already been informed about the discrepancy.

Can the embassy disqualify you for certain things. Technically, I qualify but in the back of my mind I am scared they might say I had a spelling error or my face was tilted to the right . Am I paranoid?

Can the embassy disqualify you for certain things. Technically, I qualify but in the back of my mind I am scared they might say I had a spelling error or my face was tilted to the right . Am I paranoid?
Spelling error in what? if in the Ds 260, you can always request for unlocking to clear your doubts.!

Yes you are being paranoid. Of course they can deny you, but they won't for something like tilting your head to the right. Relax.

If the passport size photo Will not be according to specifications then they will put you in AP and ask you to drop off nee photos which are according to their specification. I think I read a case where an applicant's wife's photo was rejected because she had a fringe or something like that in her photos.o_Oo_O

P

Thanks suzy. But I really think geting a dv does noy mean I have no strong ties. The B requires proof that am not intending to stay. I would be damb to go live a life of running around the streets having left a job. Tjose were the 80's when people took such silly risks to lean the streets of us.

If the passport size photo Will not be according to specifications then they will put you in AP and ask you to drop off nee photos which are according to their specification. I think I read a case where an applicant's wife's photo was rejected because she had a fringe or something like that in her photos.o_Oo_O
Kindly clarify, the photo rejected is it the one we applied with at first or the one we will carry to the embassy. @Kenyan gal ???