• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Australian winners

Two things, our answers, at least mine and those of the regulars on this forum, were not speculative. It was based on real experiences and understanding f the rues that are followed.

My apologies britsimon, I had not realised you had applied for an E3 visa while you also had an outstanding DS-260 petition as the result of being a DV selectee. In the few instances this question has been asked it was not clear that you and the others replying had real world experience with this scenario.

Second. I very much doubt your interviewer had much clue what "DV selectee" means, much less that they saw your number and concurred you had no chance. So yes, you are reading too much into it.

Why would the consulate staff not be aware of the DV visa and it's selectees? FYI the person that interviewed me was also doing immigrant visa applications...

But yes I agree, reading too much into it.

Glad you got the E3 though, that is an awesome advantage you guys have over the rest of the world. My H1 took 2 attempts and over 10k in lawyers fees. Your E3 costs nothing in comparison and gives better benefits!

Hang on... I thought in the first paragraph we were talking about having real world experience with applying for the E3 visa with an outstanding DS-260 from being a DV selectee...??

I'm not trying to be an arse, but when I said speculative answers perhaps now you can see the context I wrote that in...

I digress though, thank you and yes we are extremely lucky with the E3.

My apologies britsimon, I had not realised you had applied for an E3 visa while you also had an outstanding DS-260 petition as the result of being a DV selectee. In the few instances this question has been asked it was not clear that you and the others replying had real world experience with this scenario.

Why would the consulate staff not be aware of the DV visa and it's selectees? FYI the person that interviewed me was also doing immigrant visa applications...

But yes I agree, reading too much into it.

Hang on... I thought in the first paragraph we were talking about having real world experience with applying for the E3 visa with an outstanding DS-260 from being a DV selectee...??

I'm not trying to be an arse, but when I said speculative answers perhaps now you can see the context I wrote that in...

I digress though, thank you and yes we are extremely lucky with the E3.

Of course I understood the context! But the rules are not written differently for every visa type and every method of application. I've never given birth either but I can tell you, with some certainty, it hurts. Sheesh.

OK - why wouldn't the staff have much clue about DV? Well because it is a tiny proportion of all the work that they would do at that consulate. It is a small proportion of all the IV cases they handle. COs in general have been known to be unbelievably uninformed about the DV process and even the staff at KCC have no idea what the OC cutoff will be next month and seem largely unaware of the monumental screwup that has been happening over the last year. So I thought it was reasonable to point out that you were probably reading too much into it.

But hey, what do I know. Feel free to ignore my comments as opposed to picking them apart and "not trying to be an arse".

Hey Neko, where did you have your E3 interview? Im currently sitting in NYC waiting for mine to be processed via USCIS and its taking forever. Considering switching to consular processing if I can go somewhere cheaply but Ive heard that the Canadian consulates are not processing E3s at the moment.

Who'd you hear that from? I did an E3 in Ottawa but that was a couple of years back.

Who'd you hear that from? I did an E3 in Ottawa but that was a couple of years back.

The Dept of State sent the American Immigration Lawyers Association a memo earlier this month stating that due to current workloads the consulates in Canada won't be processing non immigrant visas for third party nationals over this summer (June-August). My immigration attorney told me.

The Dept of State sent the American Immigration Lawyers Association a memo earlier this month stating that due to current workloads the consulates in Canada won't be processing non immigrant visas for third party nationals over this summer (June-August). My immigration attorney told me.

It looks accurate however I'd try giving Halifax a call. They always have the shortest queue and I can see they have a one day wait for non-immigrant visas.

It looks accurate however I'd try giving Halifax a call. They always have the shortest queue and I can see they have a one day wait for non-immigrant visas.

Thanks but I just logged into the booking system for Canadian consulates and for all of the consulates its saying either "no appointments are available at this time" or 100+ days till the next interview for an E3 visa. The times quoted are generally for Canadian nationals I think. Seems like my attorney might have been right.

Thanks for the feedback. Apologies for the delay

Looking to sort it all out this weekend. I frankly don't mind pushing back my start date for study a year if I have a shot at a GC. I haven't applied to any schools yet though and would only be accepted early next year. Would I have had to submit my 260 forms by then or when exactly would that need to be done by?

The only other problem I could have with the interview is to do with criminal history. Last yr an act of idiocy saw me arrested for blowing .07 at an RBT. NSW has recorded that as a conviction on my record. I have nothing else on my record and meet all the other criteria. Will this/has this in the past caused an issue with the interview?

I know that with a student visa I will have to see a consulate approved doc for him to determine that I'm not an alcoholic. Do you think that will be the only requirement in this case?

Cheers

Very interesting. Judging by the density of applicants (including dependents) over the last hundred case numbers, I'd guess the next VB will have OC at somewhere around 1800. A very rough guess.
I am not familiar with OC CP but you need to make sure all CPs are in for Aug CN before analyzing Aug data,

Generally speaking, do people think think that 2014 is a game changer? I mean, all previous years, we saw OC go Current and now it looks like it's a very high likelihood that won't happen and now everyone thinks that it won't happen again for 2015. Just wondering why people seem to think the days of OC going current are over, versus looking at the 2014 DV lottery as a bit of an anomaly the same way 2012 was in the other direction.

Issued- 469 on 23/06
- 421 on 03/06 +104
- 317 on 03/05 +52
- 298 on 24/04
- 265 on 02/04 +65
- 200 on 02/03 +62
- 138 on 02/02
Will be - 494 on 03/07 +73
- 574 on 03/08 +80
- 654 on 03/09 +80
-734 on 1/10 +80
DV13 - 731
I hope they changed the quota or in the end many of holes.

Generally speaking, do people think think that 2014 is a game changer? I mean, all previous years, we saw OC go Current and now it looks like it's a very high likelihood that won't happen and now everyone thinks that it won't happen again for 2015. Just wondering why people seem to think the days of OC going current are over, versus looking at the 2014 DV lottery as a bit of an anomaly the same way 2012 was in the other direction.

I think whoever runs this process is slow to react and clumsy in their solutions. It is as if 2012 got them scared of not filling quota and the next year where they could make a change (2014) they went way over the top with solving the problem. It isn't just OC - it is global. 2015 has the same problem - just a few less globally and about 30% less for OC. However that will still mean a lot of people miss out in the higher case numbers....

This last month is taking forever. For the most part, the last 10 months have flown by because I haven't taken any notice knowing that it would come down to the last month with such a high number but now it's like it's in slow motion waiting for the final 2014 visa bulletin. I know I've got next year to fall back on, but I think I'll prob be hanging on every VB until my number is called now. It would be nice for everyone else with high CNs to get some closure too, one way or another.