• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 winners from Sri Lanka

The 30th June date was (I believe) related to 2nd draws. However, I do not believe that someone who found they were seleceted on July 1 would be restricted in some way from submitting their forms. So - as long as they could get their forms processed they could (in theory) get interviews right up to Sept 30th.

About Iran. Their response and success rates are lower than Nepal and the number of entrants are probably about the same (based on 2013 numbers). That means density between the two countries is about the same, and selectees is about the same BUT Nepal will hit the 7% limit before Iran.
My side i believe in july the cut-offs until september are already made! So its quite impossible to reschedule a late comer intime !
Plus i dont think they will ever make second draws, because of sloner axiom(dv12), and to avoid any lawsuit troubles...!
:p

I dont think neither nepal nor iran hit the 7% limit. The prediction of nepalese and Iranian cutoff was absolutely proved the wrong, you all were said kcc will keep both countries in upcoming month before VB publish, you will estimate such things upto sep 30.....lol
Recent statistical data did show that Iranian ppls are already got their second letter (almost all) and maximum cases are APs so, I dont think Iran will hit the country limit. As you all have mentioned about separate cutoff from initials for Nepal, did prove your assumptions false, you are still saying nepal will hit the limit 7% soon.....looooool...you are totally wrong, approx 80 percen of nepalese had already got second letter and only 20 percent are waiting that means 700 nepalese are waiting for 2nd letter. so, I think both the countries never hit the counry limit for sure.
Besides this, research showed that nearly 75 percent of total selectee didnot get their second letter from AS. so, be analyse positive for Iranian and nepalese cases as well as ROA. I might be wrong, there will be current in the next VB to meet the regional limit for sure.
Thanks guys for your false prediction, we were disappointed in every months before VB published and you are again saying limit/limit/limit/limit for Nepal and Iran, you will say till sep 30....lol...so, I will gotta chance in Aug (12k CN) due to your pessimistic view(inversely related your prediction) lol
noone knows what will be next except kcc, dont think you are the expert from one year study,kcc have loads of knowledge so they do publish in logical and scientific way and we must accept their decisions.
Dont take it negative, thanks
Im not an expert at all just my 2c opinion mate :)
I never said nepal will hit the limit soon ! I say its gonna be at 10.5k 11k cn range, so soon or later i believe it will happen unless if like you said not all the selectees have been notified ! Than you will be right .

But knowing nepal good response with 6000 selectees ! Anyone can make a guess...

I dont think neither nepal nor iran hit the 7% limit. The prediction of nepalese and Iranian cutoff was absolutely proved the wrong, you all were said kcc will keep both countries in upcoming month before VB publish, you will estimate such things upto sep 30.....lol
Recent statistical data did show that Iranian ppls are already got their second letter (almost all) and maximum cases are APs so, I dont think Iran will hit the country limit. As you all have mentioned about separate cutoff from initials for Nepal, did prove your assumptions false, you are still saying nepal will hit the limit 7% soon.....looooool...you are totally wrong, approx 80 percen of nepalese had already got second letter and only 20 percent are waiting that means 700 nepalese are waiting for 2nd letter. so, I think both the countries never hit the counry limit for sure.
Besides this, research showed that nearly 75 percent of total selectee didnot get their second letter from AS. so, be analyse positive for Iranian and nepalese cases as well as ROA. I might be wrong, there will be current in the next VB to meet the regional limit for sure.
Thanks guys for your false prediction, we were disappointed in every months before VB published and you are again saying limit/limit/limit/limit for Nepal and Iran, you will say till sep 30....lol...so, I will gotta chance in Aug (12k CN) due to your pessimistic view(inversely related your prediction) lol
noone knows what will be next except kcc, dont think you are the expert from one year study,kcc have loads of knowledge so they do publish in logical and scientific way and we must accept their decisions.
Dont take it negative, thanks

2 things that I think will happen:

1. Nepal will hit 7% country limit.
2. Next VB will not be current.

Last year DV13, Nepal already issued 3.3k visas with only 4.8k selectees and this year it has 6k. Plus the CEAC data show us that Nepal is the highest success rate. If you already done some research, I assume you already know this data and yet you think Nepal will not hit the limit?

When "current" for any region, KCC and Consular Posts have to schedule interviews for all that waiting for interviews and we know that we still have at least more than 3000 selectees waiting for interviews. Putting current into a month and knowing they still have Sept to play with?

I know we have made of lot of logical prediction and it never happen for 10 months, maybe KCC will do what you have said. Since you have the KCC illogical type of thinking.

Sri Lankan Guys, Today i gave a call to the embassy and asked about the translated documents which we have to take to the interviews. They said first get them translated by a registered government translator and get those translations approved by the foreign ministry.He told it is " must " .... Anyone who knows about this process ?? please advise.........

If. As goes current that will surely mean iran+nepal have hitten the wall i can not see other explaination !
Unless if kcc didnt notify everyone which i highly doubt!

I dont think Nepal will hit a wall, do not see a probability of maxing out and have remote to missing out some selectee.
Regarding dv 013, there was not hit a country limit 3.5k (with some extras upto 38k)......As far as I know, embassy had done a job for clearing APs and ready cases in last two months in previous year and were minimal selectee. so they had added more selectee in this year with calculation. I think kcc did not do a minor mistake/software mistake during selection period.
To fulfill the regional quota for AS, no doubt it will be current in Sep for sure(i am not sure for Aug)

I dont think Nepal will hit a wall, do not see a probability of maxing out and have remote to missing out some selectee.
Regarding dv 013, there was not hit a country limit 3.5k (with some extras upto 38k)......As far as I know, embassy had done a job for clearing APs and ready cases in last two months in previous year and were minimal selectee. so they had added more selectee in this year with calculation. I think kcc did not do a minor mistake/software mistake during selection period.
To fulfill the regional quota for AS, no doubt it will be current in Sep for sure(i am not sure for Aug)
Don't get me wrong I don't wish to anyone to lose out on DV :(
I respect your views and I wish you my best my friend :)
Nice to have you here sup ;)

The reason you don't accept this is because you don't understand the difference between the 7% limit and the slowing down of a country in the VB. you also seem confused about case number meaning. I suggest you read more as we have explained that many times.

Dvbibasd
If nepal doesn't have 380 selectees between each 1000 cn range, from 8900 up to 1300 than you will probably be current soon !
It depends on how many nepalese are before you number...
Its the only logical way for me to see you current mate .

Dvbibasd
If nepal doesn't have 380 selectees between each 1000 cn range, from 8900 up to 1300 than you will probably be current soon !
It depends on how many nepalese are before you number...
Its the only logical way for me to see you current mate .
Thanks Vladek for your analysis. you have also seen the recession graph after 7k so I am guaranteed to say the rare cases beyond 7k as we did find dense cases below 7k(which made us really disappointed). I do not know exactly the numbers before my number, lets see the CEAC data upto 8900 then it will become easy to predict. As far as I know, few selectee (maximum 500) are still waiting before my number.
dv is a lottery so, my heart says YES, but mind says NO (you are far away from your country limit)
I am in problem, nothing can do without declaration
thanks

Thanks Vladek for your analysis. you have also seen the recession graph after 7k so I am guaranteed to say the rare cases beyond 7k as we did find dense cases below 7k(which made us really disappointed). I do not know exactly the numbers before my number, lets see the CEAC data upto 8900 then it will become easy to predict. As far as I know, few selectee (maximum 500) are still waiting before my number.
dv is a lottery so, my heart says YES, but mind says NO (you are far away from your country limit)
I am in problem, nothing can do without declaration
thanks
Up to 7425 we have 2875 nepal cases all in all.
Now how many of those ready will become issued ! How many ap will become issued !
Refusal is extremly low compare to other loaded countries !
If there is only 500 nepal cases between 7425 up to 12000 than you will surely be current I wish you that :)

Attachments

• 11111.jpg
    11111.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 4
How many case numbers between 9000 to 26000?
I personally think most of the case numbers are Sri Lankan and Cambodians b/w this range bcz below 9000 there are only few c/n from these two countries.
Sri lanka and Cambodia have most number of selectees next to Iran and Nepal.
Cambodia-1892,Sri Lanka-1616
So KCC won't disappoint these two countries and rest of asia.At least KCC will give 500 c/n to these countries.
In the next VB if there is no current for asia...it will jump around 5000...and with a cutoff for Nepal or Iran.

Last edited:
How many case numbers between 9000 to 26000?
I personally think most of the case numbers are Sri Lankan and Cambodians b/w this range bcz below 9000 there are only few c/n from these two countries.
Sri lanka and Cambodia have most number of selectees next to Iran and Nepal.
Cambodia-1892,Sri Lanka-1616
So KCC won't disappoint these two countries and rest of asia.At least KCC will give 500 c/n to these countries.
In the next VB if there is no current for asia...it will jump around 5000...and with a cutoff for Nepal or Iran.
No one can tell you how many cases are between that range, because we only get to extract the data once its updated after the VB is out.

Sri Lankan Guys, Today i gave a call to the embassy and asked about the translated documents which we have to take to the interviews. They said first get them translated by a registered government translator and get those translations approved by the foreign ministry.He told it is " must " .... Anyone who knows about this process ?? please advise.........
Anyone to advise on this????????????

Last year we had 407 cases from Sri Lanka with 802 winners...and 158 case numbers went interview(all document submitted winners).

This year we have 1616 winners so there should be at least 750 cases...but up to 7425 there are only 100 cases called for the interview.

So KCC have to move rest of asia immediately if not most of the rest of asian winners will disappoint this year... i think,
To give the solution to rest of asia,
kcc will put asia into current for next vb with a special cutoff for Iran or Nepal
or
5k jump with a special cutoff for Nepal or Iran.

I think, it is better to call directly to KCC !

Hey Guys,

I got my 2nd NL and my interview date is on August. So guys any tips and advice will be very helpful.

thanks

Hey Guys,

I got my 2nd NL and my interview date is on August. So guys any tips and advice will be very helpful.

thanks
Hi,

I also got the 2nd N/L last night & the interview is on 12th august at 1pm. its time to start the rest of the process. police report, medical, translations of documents ect. be cool & follow the instructions given at the US embassy colombo web site. Wish you all the very best. Tc. lakshan,

Hi,

I also got the 2nd N/L last night & the interview is on 12th august at 1pm. its time to start the rest of the process. police report, medical, translations of documents ect. be cool & follow the instructions given at the US embassy colombo web site. Wish you all the very best. Tc. lakshan,
Machang, Apply for Police clearance ASAP, They takes about 1 month.. I applied on 02nd of May and got the Certificate in last week of May, Also i had to bribe a policeman to speedup the process. Fill those forms accurately. Better if you can go their early morning........ What is your CN range?