• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

August visa bulletin the final.

hi guys im new to this forum and my dv cn is AS14xxx. i wanted to clarify my education qualification, i have 7 passes in O/Level and i didnt do A/Levels. then i followed a btec level 5 EDXCEL HND in computing and systems development (2010 sep to 2013 march) and then EDhat level 5 IHD ( International Higher Diploma) in computer networks (Overall GPA 3.0 & Overall Result B+) (2013 jan to 2014 may), and presently working as a IT consultant for a firm since 2010. am i qualified for the dv? please experts reply me on this.

hi guys im new to this forum and my dv cn is AS14xxx. i wanted to clarify my education qualification, i have 7 passes in O/Level and i didnt do A/Levels. then i followed a btec level 5 EDXCEL HND in computing and systems development (2010 sep to 2013 march) and then EDhat level 5 IHD ( International Higher Diploma) in computer networks (Overall GPA 3.0 & Overall Result B+) (2013 jan to 2014 may), and presently working as a IT consultant for a firm since 2010. am i qualified for the dv? please experts reply me on this.

That sounds similar to the UK system, but you have to be clear about which country you did this education in.

However, Based on previous research I did about how BTEC is viewed for the USA immigration purposes, I would say that yes you are probably qualified on education grounds.

That sounds similar to the UK system, but you have to be clear about which country you did this education in.

However, Based on previous research I did about how BTEC is viewed for the USA immigration purposes, I would say that yes you are probably qualified on education grounds.

i really appreciate your reply Britsimon, thanks a lot for your time. i did this in sri lanka. does it still qualified? and what are my chances in dv Britsimon?

i really appreciate your reply Britsimon, thanks a lot for your time. i did this in sri lanka. does it still qualified? and what are my chances in dv Britsimon?

Hmmm. That might be an issue. Sri Lanka changed their "standard" of eligibility a while back (catching a lot of people out) so it now says this:-

"Education: The minimum educational requirement is the successful completion of 3 GCE A-level subjects, not including General English. In compliance with U.S. immigration regulations, completion of 6 GCE O-level subjects is no longer sufficient to qualify for the DV program."

http://srilanka.usembassy.gov/visas/diversity-visa-lottery-program.html

In a sense that was "normalizing" things (correcting a mistake that previously existed) and was more in line with the UK standards. There for instance O levels (GCSEs) could be attained at age 16 (so would not qualify an applicant) whereas 3 A levels would be sufficient. BTEC (level 3 I believe from memory) can be shown to be A level equivalent and so could be used also (but with more risk that the interviewer doesn't know what BTEC is).

The important principle is this. In the USA after 12 years of primary and secondary school (usually age 18), a person could graduate from High School and enter an American university with no further education required. That is what the SL embassy was trying to get tio with their change - so the question is will they recognize BTEC as meeting or exceeding that level. The fact that you went on to level 5 HND stage is good - so I think you are OK BUT it would be wise to check with the US embassy in SL to confirm that.

Hello everyone!
i won dv-2015, and i'm still new to this and this forum has been amazingly helpful, so thank you all.
I have one question:

When is the last date on which I can submit form ds-260, cuz i' m expecting a baby in december and i prefer to file then
so is there some kind of deadline?

my number is AS201500009***

Thank you all :) :)

Hello everyone!
i won dv-2015, and i'm still new to this and this forum has been amazingly helpful, so thank you all.
I have one question:

When is the last date on which I can submit form ds-260, cuz i' m expecting a baby in december and i prefer to file then
so is there some kind of deadline?

my number is AS201500009***

Thank you all :) :)

There is no deadline (other than the end of the year) so yes you can submit as late as then and have no issue (you won't interview until next summer anyway). You could also send your forms now and add the child later - but either way is fine.

There is no deadline (other than the end of the year) so yes you can submit as late as then and have no issue (you won't interview until next summer anyway). You could also send your forms now and add the child later - but either way is fine.

Thank you @Britsimon

when you say the end of the year u mean the end of the fiscal year right? not the end of 2014?

I just got my 2'nd NL. But not so happy :(. My CN is less than 37000 and they schedule my interview August 28.
Can I ask for an earlier date?

I just got my 2'nd NL. But not so happy :(. My CN is less than 37000 and they schedule my interview August 28.
Can I ask for an earlier date?
Hey ! Be happy, same thing with me, and with a couple of another persona i know on a different forum, and i am almost sure you are from Moldova;)

Hey ! Be happy, same thing with me, and with a couple of another persona i know on a different forum, and i am almost sure you are from Moldova;)
No, I'm from Albania. The problem is that i wonder if they will be enough visa available till that date. And second, I can't wait to fly to the States. Maybe they postpone to the end of month b/c the August most of embassy employees leave for holidays.

this will be a very sad ending for all of us with high CN's that what i think no more gussing or calcolating its done over finito so we should forget bout it for ever no wait and see i tell you from now there will be no more rooms for us i feel sory for my self waisting allmost 12 month or so idk what to do all the planing and dreaming is now gone ill be stuck in a 3rd world for ever we can't even watch the world cup 2014 it cous alotoff money to buy the reciver for world cup so does it goning to get more woress than that yuhhhk why KCC why :( :( :( :(