• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September VB - DV14 Last Chapter

You aren't obliged to be active, but thanks for revealing yourself!

Of the four guessers you mention, I think 2 or 3 would be most optimistic about your case number - but all 4 would say you still have a chance. Best of luck!

I know, I know ;)
I'm holding down my nerves everyday praying they're right.

I can't contribute too much because I'm just waiting for the outcome, but if everything goes right I'll share my experiences as I really enjoyed your first days in USA.

Last edited:
I also bargained on that !
I'm pretty sure they will be considered as abandoned.
But I'm still doubting by now that OC will go ''current''.

I think they're considered as abandoned too, because if you don't attend the date they provide you, then your DV meeting at the embassy is lost. Correct me if I'm wrong but you must provide a legitimate cause for your absence, so that lost visa is ready for another DV number.

Hi Guys,
It's not a question but I just needed to send some positive energy out!
I was a DV2012 fiasco winner and won again in 2014 with a high CN 426XX. I am so stressed out and was disappointed regarding the last VB. I have been studying and working in US for seven years... Of course I love US and I want to stay there with a green card! No one around me seem to understand it feels good to hear about people who are in the same case than me! : )
To those who wait: Let's all be positive and hope our all CN will be Current for the last chapter!
In anycase I send you my Love!

I think they're considered as abandoned too, because if you don't attend the date they provide you, then your DV meeting at the embassy is lost. Correct me if I'm wrong but you must provide a legitimate cause for your absence, so that lost visa is ready for another DV number.
Nobody came back to report such a matter!
Some reported checking late they status so they got rescheduled, but from the ones that sent form I don't have any record !
Perhaps simon heard somthing ?!
My self I believe they will still get a chance, if they can justify it reasonably !
I think

@Sloner

Sloner my siberian buddy, what about russian cases !
Because its also a loaded country that affect the EU VB progress.
Can you shed some light ?

Hi Guys,
It's not a question but I just needed to send some positive energy out!
I was a DV2012 fiasco winner and won again in 2014 with a high CN 426XX. I am so stressed out and was disappointed regarding the last VB. I have been studying and working in US for seven years... Of course I love US and I want to stay there with a green card! No one around me seem to understand it feels good to hear about people who are in the same case than me! : )
To those who wait: Let's all be positive and hope our all CN will be Current for the last chapter!
In anycase I send you my Love!

Good for you for staying positive through the 2012 misfortune. Glad you won again - and I am sure you won't be disappointed twice!

Nobody came back to report such a matter!
Some reported checking late they status so they got rescheduled, but from the ones that sent form I don't have any record !
Perhaps simon heard somthing ?!
My self I believe they will still get a chance, if they can justify it reasonably !
I think

Yeah I don't think "abandoned" cases would be excluded from starting late. However, once Sept 30th comes, their fate is sealed - as in all DV cases.

I think it depends on the embassy. What you are describing is someone who actually sent their forms in, received an interview notification, and didn't arrive? I have seen a couple of embassy websites specify that if people do not arrive they lose their chance at interview unless they have a good reason, but I don't think they necessarily all do that. The ones that are very strict about appointments tend to be the very busy embassies as far as I have seen.

Reactions: nax
I think it depends on the embassy. What you are describing is someone who actually sent their forms in, received an interview notification, and didn't arrive? I have seen a couple of embassy websites specify that if people do not arrive they lose their chance at interview unless they have a good reason, but I don't think they necessarily all do that. The ones that are very strict about appointments tend to be the very busy embassies as far as I have seen.

That's exactly what I thought we were talking about. What I've read is when you loose your interview you loose your chance. I see they can be flexible, though i wouldn't even go that way :eek:. This is definitely the kind of things you attend sharp on time and with your best smile :D

Finally arrived to the end , last month for suffering ,I'm as191xx so I don't have a chance, I think Asia will reach 16k

Hey guys here is a question with regards to proof of funds.

I have heard figures that as a selectee we need proof of funds of around $ 10.000 . Is this per family member? Secondly if I am the selectee must the money be in my bank account or can I present my wife's accounts along with mine. Liquidity isn't really a problem for us in general, just how to present the accounts.

Hey guys here is a question with regards to proof of funds.

I have heard figures that as a selectee we need proof of funds of around $ 10.000 . Is this per family member? Secondly if I am the selectee must the money be in my bank account or can I present my wife's accounts along with mine. Liquidity isn't really a problem for us in general, just how to present the accounts.

It isn't a hard number (like 9999 is no good and 10001 is a pass). However $10k per adult or say $25k for a family of four is a good level. This is based on federal poverty guidelines. (link here http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/14poverty.cfm )

MOney in your wife's account is fine.

Very, very low. In early numbers Iran and Nepal were taking about 80 percent of real (non hole) cases. Once they are out, the rest of Asia would only account for 20 percent of real cases.
That means, let's say between 13k - 14k there will be 250 CN ??? from rest of the AS ?

Even though i also feel that it will be around 16.4k , But i wish it will be around 20k........

Let put it this way, 16.7k is consider safe range but it can still go further if the density is lesser above 14-15k or DOS decided to put AP clearing rate less than 50%.