• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 - South America and The Caribbean winners

That works.

It is actually interesting to see the percentage of selectees to visas issued. Ignoring 2012 though it is between 40 and 88 percent - so that is all over the place and doesn't tell us much. It looks like interest weakened between 2007/2008 - perhaps the economic crash - that would tie in with what happened in EB temp visas. The H1 allocation was lasting for months up until the last couple of years - interest in moving to the USA seems to be rising....

Yeah well... I was looking at the venezuelan selectees and the increase have been overwhelming!!! Also, after 2007 (I think) Peru (that was receiving kind of 50% of selectees and visas) wasn't elegible anymore. Then, my country went down big time and everybody wants to get the h*** outta here. About the first two years, I think there is something weird with that data: 88% looks like TOO MUCH for me. I'll double check them and also will check if that includes derivatives too (on monday :cool:).

But it is something, right?

Yeah well... I was looking at the venezuelan selectees and the increase have been overwhelming!!! Also, after 2007 (I think) Peru (that was receiving kind of 50% of selectees and visas) wasn't elegible anymore. Then, my country went down big time and everybody wants to get the h*** outta here. About the first two years, I think there is something weird with that data: 88% looks like TOO MUCH for me. I'll double check them and also will check if that includes derivatives too (on monday :cool:).

But it is something, right?

Anything is something Vero - but the pressure is on now. We have to not only get to Veronumberville - we have to see Audionumberville also. I'm guessing/hoping you'll be in August and Audio will squeeze into September.

I remember those days... within January and February that I was sitting by a bunch of just printed papers, a calculator, my glasses and a pen.... (i'm an old fashion lady)... then I decided not to torture me anymore doing that, and stay as positive as I can and gather all my documents to be ready for the interview...

And Yeah!! Veronice is my "comadre" now, lol... we are both nice, intelligent and crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lot of Fun!

AW! Welcome!!!

Very important info for Venezuelans, here: The police clearance won't come with an expiration date. The validity of the document depends on the receiver although you find on the web that it's only good for 3 months. Yesterday, Audio and I contacted the Embassy and they told us: THE PCC ARE VALID FOR ONE YEAR!!! So get your stuff together and go get it because it's not too soon,
Good luck... our time is coming (hopefully)

Yup! all the documents need to have apostille and translation into english... Btw, it is really really expensive that translation...

What about the High School Diploma, Does it also require an apostille and translation?

In other hand, since the proof of employment and job experiences are simple letters signed by authorized person in the Companies I've worked for, I suppose it is just requiered to be traslated into english.

What about the High School Diploma, Does it also require an apostille and translation?

In other hand, since the proof of employment and job experiences are simple letters signed by authorized person in the Companies I've worked for, I suppose it is just requiered to be traslated into english.
Nup... they also need to be legalized, apostilled and translated. The education ministery have to certify your education credentials... i supose (this is only a guess) that work ministery can validate your work credentials... but you only need to comply with education (high school, traditional) OR work experience, not both

Thanks Veronice.

Once you get the validation from Education Minister I suppose it needs an apostille from Foreign Affairs Minister.

Thanks Veronice.

Once you get the validation from Education Minister I suppose it needs an apostille from Foreign Affairs Minister.
Yes! If you have University Diploma from a private university, you can go straight to Foreign Affairs Ministery. And the high school diploma needs to go to Education Ministery, but they'll ask for your certified grades :( And if they are prior to 2010, they also need to be previously certified by the education zone (mine is Falcon, I'm dying here), then Education, then Foreing Affairs and finally translation. Here's the link for the Education Ministery regarding legalizations:
http://www.me.gob.ve/contenido.php?id_seccion=26&id_contenido=131&modo=2
I think you have my phone number, so feel free to write me or call me if I can be any help.

Hi... I think you have a chance for September. What country are you from? Please don't ask the same question in multiple threads, it gets confusing.
actually it's my dad whom won the lottery, I'm already in USA, he is from Cuba but he doesn't have access to internet. there is just 2 VB left and I praying to God give him the opportunity for an interview. thank you

actually it's my dad whom won the lottery, I'm already in USA, he is from Cuba but he doesn't have access to internet. there is just 2 VB left and I praying to God give him the opportunity for an interview. thank you
Good luck to your dad!!! Make sure he is well prepared for the interview (here you can find lots of info) so he can obtain his visa at the interview. I'll pray for him to get the visa and be able to leave Cuba. Anything you need to know, at this forum you can find it... for sure.

Unconfirmed 1550, meaning unchanged and no new interviews will be made for our region if correct, at least not for August. Think this is a sad day for many of us if the number is correct