• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 - South America and The Caribbean winners

The only thing I can imagine is that they still haven't updated the website. So - there is a small (very small) chance that they screwed up in telling us the number and that they will change it when the website is updated.

It is a tiny hope.

I hope so too. I mean absolutely no change? Are you telling me that the CN's between 1425 to 1550 were too difficult to process? Or are they having problems estimating how they will deal with having more selectees from SA? Come on KCC, you can do better than that.

The only thing I can imagine is that they still haven't updated the website. So - there is a small (very small) chance that they screwed up in telling us the number and that they will change it when the website is updated.

It is a tiny hope.
Nup... I asked and asked... almost begging her to tell me there was room for a tiny Little mistake. "There are no mistakes, That's the number", she said. "But you can call again in july 15th, maybe for the last month they add some numbers". That's how you kill a dream.

I had to check it 10 times to make sure I was seeing properly! I'm current in august! I'm going to be praying for the rest of you'll for September.

Wow, I am so happy for you! Fate intervened for you and corrected KCC thinking!

Hi everyone,

I know this thread is for DV winners, but given the fact that it is also the thread where most South American people talk to each other I though of sharing this with you. Perhaps you can help me out. If this is against the rules, please delete and let me know.

I wanted to share my journey as a citizen of a Central American country who has a very big American Dream. Born and raised in Costa Rica, I was only 12 years old when my parents decided to go on vacation to Orlando, FL. The moment I got back from the trip I was so amazed by how the differences in technologies and opportunities from people who lived at work at the theme parks or lived in the US were to the job careers that existed in Costa Rica. I told myself that one day I would move to the US and work for Disney. A couple of years ago I graduated HS, applied for a junior college in CA, got my F-1 visa and moved to Anaheim with my dream, left my past life in this country, and with the economic help of my parents, went and studied Stage Management over there. Last year, after getting a certificate in said field, the work authorization post OPT for one year, plus gaining experience by volunteering in local theaters I got hired at Disneyland to be part of their entertainment assistant stage managers team. A job that is very had to get, but with my dedication, hard work and networking, I was able to find it. It was my American dream come true, I was so happy and having the best time of my life. I thought that because Disney was such a big company they would help me with a Sponsorhip and keep me working for them. Turns out that after many HR meetings, emailing to VP's and presidents... I had to quit, because their immigration lawyers said they couldn't offer any help. Now, I am back in Costa Rica. Confused, helpless, really stressed and without a job.
This country has no opportunities in the filed I want to work, it is very limited in technology and I am on a constant fight with pressure from family and friends who believe I should give up on my dream and move on.

I ask you, because I don't have any friends who have gone through a similar situation, what can I do and what should I do? I have done lots of research to find legal ways to return to the US, special immigrant categories (like the DV lottery which I didn't win), but nothing seems to align for me now. I need your help and support - I am lost.

i'm from costa rica living in long beach right now, the best you can do right now is just come to CA, send your resume to different companies, some of them will call you for a interview and in some moment they will ask if you need help with a sponsorship.

that's what i did

Hello everyone!

My name is Erika and I am also a SA winner for 2014.. I am Venezuelan so Veronice and the rest of the Venezuelan crew here: I feel your pain! my case number is SA20++ and I am freaking out wondering if we will become current or not in September. I have been trying to do a lot of research, endless calculations and assumptions. I luckily found your forum yesterday and decided to join! I have a few questions (sorry if this is repetitive, again I just found you guys yesterday!)

1- If our numbers become current in September, does that mean there there is, in fact, a visa available for us?
2- Honestly, I don't want to get my hopes up.. but what are the odds of 2014 not having all numbers becoming current? I want to think with all my soul that there is a big chance that numbers will move from 1750 to current.. what do you all think?
3- Just to confirm- basically we have one more moth we are waiting on, September. if our number doesnt become current, we can forget about this, right?

And finally...

4- Is it possible that our numbers become current but we get no interview? has this happened to anyone?

SO GLAD to have found this group. I actually feel like there are people out there going through the same thing I am going through.

Un abrazo,
Erika

Hello everyone!

My name is Erika and I am also a SA winner for 2014.. I am Venezuelan so Veronice and the rest of the Venezuelan crew here: I feel your pain! my case number is SA20++ and I am freaking out wondering if we will become current or not in September. I have been trying to do a lot of research, endless calculations and assumptions. I luckily found your forum yesterday and decided to join! I have a few questions (sorry if this is repetitive, again I just found you guys yesterday!)

1- If our numbers become current in September, does that mean there there is, in fact, a visa available for us?
2- Honestly, I don't want to get my hopes up.. but what are the odds of 2014 not having all numbers becoming current? I want to think with all my soul that there is a big chance that numbers will move from 1750 to current.. what do you all think?
3- Just to confirm- basically we have one more moth we are waiting on, September. if our number doesnt become current, we can forget about this, right?

And finally...

4- Is it possible that our numbers become current but we get no interview? has this happened to anyone?

SO GLAD to have found this group. I actually feel like there are people out there going through the same thing I am going through.

Un abrazo,
Erika

Erika,

To answer your questions
1. If numbers are current in September, to a certain extent KCC has forecasted that they may have a visa available but this doesn't guarantee that you'll get an interview.
2. The probability of not having all numbers become current are (in my opinion) very high. I really want to think that they all go current in September as well but as we have seen, this DV lottery isn't very much like the others.
3. Yes, I would recommend resuming normal (DV anxiety free) life if you are not current in September and apply again next year.
4. Yes, it is very much possible that you can become current and all the visas are exhausted before you get an interview.

The views expressed are mine and can very much be wrong, this is just my opinion. I hope that everyone is successful! I will keep you all in my prayers.