Ultimate Waiting Thread - Post Your Dates

seanmat

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone. I am waiting for my interview notice and what I have seen here on this forum - as far as dates and lengths of waiting periods are concerned - varies so much from a person to a person.

Let us have one thread where we can share our dates with all the details so that we can see how they differ from Office to Office, status to status, etc.

So, please, share the following:

1) Application Receipt Date
2) Fingerprint/Biometrics Date
3) Interview Date
4) Decision Date and Type
5) Asylum Office (note if you are in a circuit ride area)
6) Represented by a Lawyer
7) Ground for Asylum (Political Opinion, Religious, PSG, etc.)
8) Dependents? Are they in the U.S. or abroad?
9) Current status and when expires.
10) Country of persecution (optional)
11) Other relevant facts (optional)

I hope this will give us an idea where we stand.

Please, keep your posts to the point and do not pollute the thread.

Also, please, do update if you have any changes.

Thanks.

I'll start:

1) Application Receipt Date: May 9, 2013
2) Fingerprint/Biometrics Date: May 15, 2013
3) Interview Date: Waiting
4) Decision Date and Type: Waiting
5) Asylum Office: Chicago, no circuit ride
6) Represented by a Lawyer: Yes
7) Ground for Asylum: Political opinion
8) Dependents? Are they in the U.S. or abroad? Yes, in the U.S.
9) Current status and when expires: J1, expires July 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is mine

1) Application Receipt Date: June 4, 2013
2) Fingerprint/Biometrics Date: June 10, 2013
5) Asylum Office: SFO
6) Represented by a Lawyer: NO
7) Ground for Asylum: Political opinion
8) Dependents? Are they in the U.S. or abroad? N/A
9) Current status and when expires: B2, Sep 2013

1) Application Receipt Date:1st of April
2) Fingerprint/Biometrics : done
3) Interview Date : waiting
4) Decision Date and Type: N/A
5) Asylum office: AO
6) Represented by a Lawyer: yes
7) Ground for Asylum Political

Hi everyone,

1) Application Receipt Date: May 24, 2013
2) Fingerprint/Biometrics Date: June 7, 2013
5) Asylum Office: Chicago
6) Represented by a Lawyer: Yes
7) Ground for Asylum: Political
8) Dependents? Are they in the U.S. or abroad? N/A
9) Current status and when expires: B1/B2 Dec 2013

Waz!

Thank you, April and Persia.

I had my interview this week. Unfortunately, it went badly. I felt prepared. I knew my story in and out because, well, it's what happened to me. But I still managed to be inconsistent here and there during my interview and answer questions in very general terms.

The interview style itself was way different from what I was expecting and what I was practicing for. It threw me off from the very beginning. I am despaired as I blew this chance to convey my story to the Officer. I feel he was not convinced at all.

In any case, my advice is to go over your story again and again. Reconstruct all the events in your mind - names, dates, what each person said and did, all the small details. More importantly, rest before the interview (I didn't get a chance) and stay as calm and focused as possible.

Best of luck to everybody.

I'm so sorry to hear that! But don't worry, I heard they behave like this to everyone! Acting like they are not convinced or you are lying!
You can't predict them till the day they send you the result!
I'm waiting for the day, you make us happy and excited with granting!

Seanmat, don't worry. Everybody can get nerves and stressed. Officers understand this as well. I wish you good luck and recieve your approval very soon. Keep posted.

Seanmat, don't worry. Everybody can get nerves and stressed. Officers understand this as well. I wish you good luck and recieve your approval very soon. Keep posted.

Dear Asylum2012
Have you sent any inquiry to Anaheim office recently? Or any new information about the office?
I sent one about a month ago, they answered that they have not scheduled an interview yet!
My lawyer also doesn't have any information about this delay!

Dear Asylum2012
Have you sent any inquiry to Anaheim office recently? Or any new information about the office?
I sent one about a month ago, they answered that they have not scheduled an interview yet!
My lawyer also doesn't have any information about this delay!
No, april2013. I stopped to call and send. Before i was calling to make sure i didnt miss their mail, so my clock will not stop in this case, but now I got my EAD and now I am trying just to have normal life. Too much waiting, too much stress, you know all that, so I decided when it will come, it will come: 1 year, 5 years....once I will get it, I will let you know, guys!

Thank you, april2013. Very interesting information. Looks like LA office is the most busiest!

asylum 2012 and april2013

yes anaheim office most busiest !
if 6000 cases pending in LA office and scheduled 700 cases per month we should wating a bout 9 months maybe 10 months for interview or one year

god bless you

The document shows 5000-6000 cases pending starting from Nov 12.
I had three interviews within 3 months.
So, its all about luck from my pov.

my application and interview was Jan 2013 ... I got the recommended approval 1 week after the interview! I got my EAD and now it is 6 months that I am waiting for final approval !

I finally got my interview notice. I have three weeks to prepare.

Hi Seanmat,

Based on your post, you had your interview in Chicago office. How long did it take you between filling your I-589 to getting an interview date at Chicago? I am still waiting for my interview schedule at Chicago its been over 50 days. Thanks.

Waz!