Ultimate Waiting Thread - Post Your Dates

Hi Guys, where is everybody? Did everybody get a green card and they forgot about me? Lets please update each other. I am still waiting for my interview notice from Chicago office for over 118 days since I applied.

Waz!

Hi Waz,

I wait for a mailman every day, and I get distressed when I don't get any letter. Still waiting. Pray it comes soon, good luck!

After 170 days!

My dear friends
Today after 170 days, I finally got my interview notice from Anaheim! That was unbelievable when I opened the mailbox! I was shocked!
Guys! Don't lose hope! Hang in there! And please send positive energy for my interview!

My dear friends
Today after 170 days, I finally got my interview notice from Anaheim! That was unbelievable when I opened the mailbox! I was shocked!
Guys! Don't lose hope! Hang in there! And please send positive energy for my interview!

You are very lucky I spent one year ,I wish your interview goes well

My dear friends

Congratulations April2013,
This is such a good news. This happen to remind us all that one day we will surely get our interview notice too. All the best as you prepare for your interview.

Waz!

My dear friends
Good luck! Good luck! And one more time good luck!!!!! Keep us updated how it will go.

My dear friends

Hi April2013,
How much more time do you have before your interview?
I hope enough time for you to fully prepared your self :)
Good Luck :)

Thanks

Thank you guys, I hope it happens for you in near future! I have 15 days from now to get ready!
I researched a little about reasons of this backlog, apparently most of the officers are at borders for border protection plan and also they've faced budget deficit.
For example Anaheim office has worked for 6 months with just 5 officers, in a situation that they receive 1000 application per months, so they can handle only 200 and 800 like us will be send to backlog!
During the past month they have added to the number of officers to expedite the process, so we can be optimistic that all of us will go for interview in near future!

After 190 days , finally yesterday I did my interview in Anaheim!
It took 2 hours! Not bad!
There is no way to predict answer based on officer's eyes!!! Again I have to wait!
BUT Good news for Anaheim applicants, they've employed near 50 officers! They used to work with just 10 officers during the past 10 months!
With these new officers our process will be faster and backlogs will be soon processed!*
I've applied for EAD after 150 days, and still nothing!*
I'll update my status if I get any news!
Wish you all luck! Need your positive energy here!*

There is no way to predict answer based on officer's eyes!!! Again I have to wait!
BUT Good news for Anaheim applicants, they've employed near 50 officers! They used to work with just 10 officers during the past 10 months!
With these new officers our process will be faster and backlogs will be soon processed!*

First of all, Congratulations.
and Thanks for Great News regarding the extra officer available.
I wonder if the problem now will be not enough interview room for all those 50 officer to conduct interview :)

by the way,
when did you apply for EAD ?
I had been applying for EAD since Sept 18'2013...,
so I guess I had not pass my 180 days...
from what I read so far,
on average you should be expecting your EAD approval in about days 200 (or 3 weeks after the 180 days)...

1) Application Receipt Date: June 13, 2013
2) Fingerprint/Biometrics Date: July 4, 2013
3) Interview Date: Waiting
4) Decision Date and Type: Waiting
5) Asylum Office: Newark
6) Represented by a Lawyer: Yes
7) Ground for Asylum: Political
8) Dependents? In US. 1 USA born child
9) Current status and when expires: A2, it's kinda no expiry visa, when you lose position visa ends, so I am not on position.

I expect my interview notice in early December. I did some calculation and assumptions.

Congratulations April2013!!!

Hi April2013, First of all congratulations for having interview, and I wish you the best and being approved. And thank you for your GOOD news concerning the extra officers, I am waiting for the interview in Anaheim office as well since July 2013. Can I ask from where you knew about new officers and is that information trustful???

Waiting for Asylum interview in Anaheim office.

Hello Everyone,

Do you have any news???

1) Application Receipt Date: 7/29/2013
2) Fingerprint/Biometrics Date: 8/5/2013
5) Asylum Office: Anaheim
8) Dependents? Are they in the U.S. or abroad? Wife and US born son. Both are in the USA.
9) Current status and when expires: B1/B2 12/15/2013

Anthony

Hi everyone,

1) Application Receipt Date: May 24, 2013
2) Fingerprint/Biometrics Date: June 7, 2013
5) Asylum Office: Chicago
8) Dependents? Are they in the U.S. or abroad? N/A
9) Current status and when expires: B2 Dec 2013

Waz!

Hi everyone,

1) Application Receipt Date: March 5, 2013
2) Fingerprint/Biometrics Date: April 13, 2013
3) Interview Date: May 12, was cancelled 5 days before by asylum office, never got the rescheduled one yet
5) Asylum Office: Miami
8) Dependents? Are they in the U.S. or abroad? N/A all in USA.
9) Current status and when expires: Out of

I think there are still community hospitals where you can get medical assistance for just $30, I know it exists in New Jersey. In other aspects I agree with you, it is frustrating being without work permit

Why was it cancelled, have you inquired about your case and asked reason? They should tell you reason of cancellation

Yes, I was told that they had to much cases and they has to reschedule my interview because of that, I can't describe how I feel in the day I got that letter

i will try to explain what usually happens when they reschedule interview.

Probably they had huge number of detainees and they must receive first interviews.

I believe this is the case