• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2014 Lottery High number or not? Please help.

If my memory is good, i think i ticked "Other University courses " as my educational qualification since i was an Under graduate (not completed my Degree) at that time. I was not aware about the equivalent educational level in Sri Lanka for the "High School" .. But later on i got to know that "High School" is equivalent to A/L in Sri Lanka.. I passed A/L in 2007.. So now i feel some kind of a fear about whether they will think that i deliberately did some kind of a fraud.

Relax, that is not a problem at all - perfectly understandable. As long as you meet the minimum requirement (US High school), then you are fine.

In DV13 17000 win = CN 6056, max CN - 10682.Holes=10682-6056=4626
In DV14 23000 win = CN , 8193??? CN - 27000. Holes=27000-8193=18807.
Simon, Now it is clear from fraudulent entry and new software.

How do you get 8193 number of case #?

Relax, that is not a problem at all - perfectly understandable. As long as you meet the minimum requirement (US High school), then you are fine.

Thank you so much my dear sir.............. :)))))))))))) everything is fine now... But not calling for an interview yet........

Where do you get the 8193 number from?

That doesn't sound right at all. I just checked the entries and derivatives make up around 40% of the 1.6 million AS entries. They will make up therefore around 40% of the 23k - so there should be around 14k cases with about 9k derivatives.
23000-17000 = 6000 winners can not give 14000 without holes.
23000*6056/1700=8163 good applications. But they introduced a new system, so good applications will be less 8193 + Refused.

it is assumed that 3000 case # from nepal and 3000 case # from Iran and rest(2193) might be from other countries except nepal and iran.
There are less applicants from other countries but have high case # so it becomes hard to limit the cutoff for both that might be the mysterious of dv 014 for AS region!!!

A question to the experts,

Hi everybody,

A quick question to all the experts: my magic # is SA 21xx. I'm from Venezuela where the bulk of SA region winners are from. Let's say the embassy at Caracas is very busy with all the interviews, but mine is in Montreal, Canada. Would it make any difference at all, since the Montreal embassy only process very few SA during any given years? I understand my number has to be current in order to be scheduled to an interview. Thanks and God bless.

Hi everybody,

A quick question to all the experts: my magic # is SA 21xx. I'm from Venezuela where the bulk of SA region winners are from. Let's say the embassy at Caracas is very busy with all the interviews, but mine is in Montreal, Canada. Would it make any difference at all, since the Montreal embassy only process very few SA during any given years? I understand my number has to be current in order to be scheduled to an interview. Thanks and God bless.

You may get your interview earlier in the month than you would have at Caracas (I'm not sure how strict they are re ordering interviews date-wise according to specific case numbers once you're current) but it won't change much in the big scheme of things. Irrespective of where your interview is as you know it will only be able to happen once you're current, and current means they have interview slots available for all those under the cut-off.

8193 is only the case # of main applicants, do not include derivatives...m I right?

it is assumed that 3000 case # from nepal and 3000 case # from Iran and rest(2193) might be from other countries except nepal and iran.
There are less applicants from other countries but have high case # so it becomes hard to limit the cutoff for both that might be the mysterious of dv 014 for AS region!!!

Please understand that Sloners number (that you then misquoted) is based on some strange mathematical calculation that has confused everyone who read it. It is a very weak foundation, so it actually makes no sense. You are now using that number for other calculations and so you have built a skyscraper on top of our very weak foundation....

Please understand that Sloners number (that you then misquoted) is based on some strange mathematical calculation that has confused everyone who read it. It is a very weak foundation, so it actually makes no sense. You are now using that number for other calculations and so you have built a skyscraper on top of our very weak foundation....

Welcome to the internet :D

Bring other calculations and do not write nonsense.

Bring other calculations and do not write nonsense.

Nonsense?

OK let's go back to you calculation.

You said:-

6056 case numbers. CEAC data only shows 5457 cases (which we know is not complete) but I don't know why you quote 6056.
10682 is the max case number in CEAC (which we know is not complete) the max number is almost certainly higher than that - especially if you want to compare to the upward adjusted number of 6056!

Then you do a calculation based on these two unreliable numbers and apply that to a theoretical max case number of 27k to come up with 8193 (which you later show as 8163 - but oh well.) You don't seem bothered by the fact that your number is just over half that of the likely actual case numbers based on the winner/derivative ratio for the AS region based on normal ratios.

Then you multiply out these unreliable/theoretical numbers to come up with the statement that DV 2014 has 18,807 holes! In Asia!

But I am talking nonsense???? OK Sloner. Sure.

Nonsense?

OK let's go back to you calculation.

You said:-

6056 case numbers. CEAC data only shows 5457 cases (which we know is not complete) but I don't know why you quote 6056.
10682 is the max case number in CEAC (which we know is not complete) the max number is almost certainly higher than that - especially if you want to compare to the upward adjusted number of 6056!

Then you do a calculation based on these two unreliable numbers and apply that to a theoretical max case number of 27k to come up with 8193 (which you later show as 8163 - but oh well.) You don't seem bothered by the fact that your number is just over half that of the likely actual case numbers based on the winner/derivative ratio for the AS region based on normal ratios.

Then you multiply out these unreliable/theoretical numbers to come up with the statement that DV 2014 has 18,807 holes! In Asia!

But I am talking nonsense???? OK Sloner. Sure.

He's going to knok you out with his axiom again ! Watch it !

Simon, if you do not understand, ask. There is a forum for this. Visa AS/visa CEAC AS=1,11. 5457*1,11=6057. In CEAC no October, November, December. Therefore, the maximum number present. Above CN10682 no numbers.

Simon, if you do not understand, ask. There is a forum for this. Visa AS/visa CEAC AS=1,11. 5457*1,11=6057. In CEAC no October, November, December. Therefore, the maximum number present. Above CN10682 no numbers.

Right so everything is based on assumed theoretical numbers. Like I said. Not a great foundation.

You don't seriously believe there are 18k holes in AS do you?

This feeling you have fallen from the moon.
In 2012 in Asia were 80,000 numbers. Nobody was surprised. Calm down please.
I'll be like a malicious employee with KFC.
Many holes it is a fact. I do not even want to argue.

hello! please somebody help me, can i get my green card within one month of reaching the states?because i got 2 months visa and i need to write my final exam by MAY 5th i will be leaving for the state next week Tuesday.

Here we go again sloner 2012 :)

Yes but dv2012 still had Bangladesh which had massive fraud rates and massive holes. You can't compare...