• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
CN # 2014AS000017XX

05/20/13: 1st NL
10/02/13: I-485 Package Received at Chicago LockBox
10/09/13: NO NOA received via text/email
10/12/13: NOA Received by mail
10/20/13: Biometrics Notice Received
10/21/13: Biometrics (Walk-in) - The real date was 11/08/2013 but we did it walk in 10/21
?: Interview Letter
?: Interview
?: CPO
?: Welcome Letter
?: Green Card

We did our bio-metrics almost 55 days (walk in - 20 days earlier) and waiting for interview letter but we didn't receive it yet? Any idea how soon we may hear. Don't you think this is too much for receiving interview letter? Should I be worried??

Thanks

There's not much you can do but to keep waiting. A walk-in biometric doesn't necessarily speed up the process, your FO will schedule you for an interview when they're able to accommodate you. They're already aware of the fact that it's a DV based case, the FO happens to be a busy. I know this is not what you want to hear, but waiting 55 days after your walk in biometric is not unusual. Continue to exercise some patience.

Thanks for suggestion.

I also have a follow-up question.

With current F1 visa status and before I send out the AOS package, would it be risky to go back to my home country during winter break? Will there be chances that I may be blocked from re-entering US (even if my first child is US citizen and travels with us)

Thanks.

First of all, congratulations with regards to the expected baby.

Regarding your changing your interview venue again, you already know what to do. You need to send an updated DSP-122 form to KCC indicating you want to do AOS. In addition to sending in this form, I will also suggest giving KCC a call informing them of the need to make this change again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi c1984! Thank you for the information! :)

Just to clarify: if the February issue of VB indicates that my CN becomes current in April, you suggest that I wait until March 1 to send my package? Did I understand it correctly?

Thank you! :)
Fiefia

Yes.

That officially is known as March VB. It will be issued in mid-Feb. If it shows you will be current in April wait until March 1st.

Sm1smom,

Could you edit your first post in this thread to add some of the useful links, including the links to your spreadsheet and this year and prior years timelines? I think that would serve as a great spot to collect all these links. In the absence of active moderators to update the stickies, there are still things we can do to make life easier for everybody.

Thanks! :)

And that's why I love this site. It's full of people with awesome ideas!!:cool: Thanks, I will update it shortly.

Sm1smom,

Could you edit your first post in this thread to add some of the useful links, including the links to your spreadsheet and this year and prior years timelines? I think that would serve as a great spot to collect all these links. In the absence of active moderators to update the stickies, there are still things we can do to make life easier for everybody.

Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
When do I need to file forms I-765 and I-131? I do not know if employment authorization or advanced parole is needed or not? I am last semester PhD and will graduate in May 2014, My CN would be current in Feburary. So do I need to file for I-765 so I could be employed after getting GC?
Thanks

When do I need to file forms I-765 and I-131? I do not know if employment authorization or advanced parole is needed or not? I am last semester PhD and will graduate in May 2014, My CN would be current in Feburary. So do I need to file for I-765 so I could be employed after getting GC?
Thanks

No, you do not fill out form I-765 so you could be employed after getting the GC. Once you get the GC, you automatically become eligible to work. You only fill out the an I-765 if you think there's a possibility your GC process could be delayed and you might get a job offer before the GC application is approved. The I-765 is redundant in most DV based GC appplications though since the process is a lot quicker than an employment or marriage based GC application for instance. The I-131 is useful if you think there's a possibility of your travelling out of the US before the GC application is approved. If you're not likely to travel out once you submit your I-485, then you don't have to bother about it either.

And that's why I love this site. It's full of people with awesome ideas!!:cool: Thanks, I will update it shortly.

Thanks! I didn't realize you had already added a tab for the timelines. Your spreadsheet is now even more comprehensive than before :)

Thanks for suggestion.

I also have a follow-up question.

With current F1 visa status and before I send out the AOS package, would it be risky to go back to my home country during winter break? Will there be chances that I may be blocked from re-entering US (even if my first child is US citizen and travels with us)

Thanks.

If you're planning on travelling out of the US during the winter break, I would suggest you hold off on sending in an updated DSP-122 till you get back into the US. I think you have enough time to update KCC of your change when you return if your CN is likely to become current in June as you're thinking.

Thanks! I didn't realize you had already added a tab for the timelines. Your spreadsheet is now even more comprehensive than before :)

I actually just added the Timelines tab. I had been thinking about doing that for a while, but was kind of too lazy and needed the right prompt ........... :eek:

There's not much you can do but to keep waiting. A walk-in biometric doesn't necessarily speed up the process, your FO will schedule you for an interview when they're able to accommodate you. They're already aware of the fact that it's a DV based case, the FO happens to be a busy. I know this is not what you want to hear, but waiting 55 days after your walk in biometric is not unusual. Continue to exercise some patience.

How will iel.hoss know that the interview letter has been sent?

Sorry for asking such dumb questions, but only to make sure, What do I need to answer for part1. Current USCIS status and expiration date ( because my visa is expired long time ago)
part2. I am applying for an adjustment to permenant resident status because?
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.