• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Baby born after the interview

Syrialord

Registered Users (C)
I asked the US embassy in Doha how to get a visa for my child which he will be born after the interview date, they informed me, they will not get me the visa untill I get the new baby a passport, DS230 form and medical check, then they will grant the visa for the family.

when I was checking on this forum earlier I found differnt answer like that the kid would get the visa on the POE when we enter the US.

What do you think?

I asked the US embassy in Doha how to get a visa for my child which he will be born after the interview date, they informed me, they will not get me the visa untill I get the new baby a passport, DS230 form and medical check, then they will grant the visa for the family.

when I was checking on this forum earlier I found differnt answer like that the kid would get the visa on the POE when we enter the US.

What do you think?

Check this link : http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87519.pdf

Below is an excerpt...

9 FAM 42.1 N1.1 Child Born After Issuance of Visa to Parent
(CT:VISA-1829; 04-18-2012)
The child born after the issuance of a visa to a parent is not required to have a
visa if the child is:
(1) Born subsequent to issuance of an IV to the accompanying parent within
the validity of the parent’s immigrant visa; or
(2) Born during the permanent resident mother’s temporary visit abroad
provided that (see 9 FAM 42.1 N2):
(a) Admission is within two years of birth; and
(b) Either accompanying parent is applying for readmission upon first
return after the birth of the child.

Check this link : http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87519.pdf

Below is an excerpt...

9 FAM 42.1 N1.1 Child Born After Issuance of Visa to Parent
(CT:VISA-1829; 04-18-2012)
The child born after the issuance of a visa to a parent is not required to have a
visa if the child is:
(1) Born subsequent to issuance of an IV to the accompanying parent within
the validity of the parent’s immigrant visa; or
(2) Born during the permanent resident mother’s temporary visit abroad
provided that (see 9 FAM 42.1 N2):
(a) Admission is within two years of birth; and
(b) Either accompanying parent is applying for readmission upon first
return after the birth of the child.

I sent this information to the embassy and waiting for their reply.

Thanks for the response

Hi

U r most welcome.

My son was born after issuance of the visa and i went with him to activate my visa in august. At the POE we were asked for his passport,2 photos,birth certificate- english version (they took the orig from us),and vaccination card. There was an argument amongst themselves about medical exam from a doctor here but i showed them an email replied from abu dhabi embassy. Finally after 2hrs of checking and verifying details, he was admitted with the passport stamped XN-3 and they promised the green card will come along with our cards. What is surprising is we have never received it despite all our cards being delivered after 3weeks. Does anybody know how we can follow up on his card?

The embassy called me and said this not applicable to me and I have to postpone my interview till the baby born and all his required documents ready.

Good news quz I was planning to move to US ASAP!!!!!

The embassy called me and said this not applicable to me and I have to postpone my interview till the baby born and all his required documents ready.

I thought you can do your interview and go to the US and give birth. Or get in and have the child documented at the POE.

The embassy called me and said this not applicable to me
Would u kindly ask them to whom is that provision applicable to?

I have to postpone my interview till the baby born and all his required documents ready
Honestly,I would rather get this DV thing over & done with as soon as possible.

Good news quz I was planning to move to US ASAP
How soon do u intend to travel,1 day after securing ur visa?

When is ur baby due?How about him being born in the US since ur r planning to move to US ASAP?

Would u kindly ask them to whom is that provision applicable to?

Honestly,I would rather get this DV thing over & done with as soon as possible.

How soon do u intend to travel,1 day after securing ur visa?

When is ur baby due?How about him being born in the US since ur r planning to move to US ASAP?

I was intending to go there by the end of Nov, and can't have him there quz he is due in two weeks from now

I suggest you post your question on this section of the forum:

http://forums.immigration.com/forumdisplay.php?119-The-Physical-Green-Card

You're likely to get more qualified and relevant response regarding this issue there.

My son was born after issuance of the visa and i went with him to activate my visa in august. At the POE we were asked for his passport,2 photos,birth certificate- english version (they took the orig from us),and vaccination card. There was an argument amongst themselves about medical exam from a doctor here but i showed them an email replied from abu dhabi embassy. Finally after 2hrs of checking and verifying details, he was admitted with the passport stamped XN-3 and they promised the green card will come along with our cards. What is surprising is we have never received it despite all our cards being delivered after 3weeks. Does anybody know how we can follow up on his card?

Unfortunately, the embassy cancelled my interview which suppose to be on 21st of October because of the baby issue, and they will schedule another interview for me when the baby comes and all his documents are prepared.

Whish me luck

Unfortunately, the embassy cancelled my interview which suppose to be on 21st of October because of the baby issue, and they will schedule another interview for me when the baby comes and all his documents are prepared.

Whish me luck

All the best:)

Whish me luck

Syrialord, All the best of the best

What do you think?
I'm researching this same issue.

Mu baby was born after my immigrant visa was issued how can I travel with him?

Your baby will not require a visa to enter the US, assuming you haven't already entered the US following the birth of the baby. All you need for your baby to be processed at the POE are the baby's birth certificate (if possible try to have two of these on hand, so that you're not stuck without a BC for the baby once they collect it at the POE), 2 passport photos, baby's international passport. You can also contact your embassy to find out they will issue you with a transportation letter to present to the carrier, as some airline carries are not aware of the fact that a baby born after the issuance of an IV or to a LPR parent does not require a visa for their first trip to the US (assuming that trip is being done before the baby turns two).

Hi thanks for your reply. I was told were not qualified because we fall under the ir2 catigory visa. But I believe that the law was amended in 2014

Hi thanks for your reply. I was told were not qualified because we fall under the ir2 catigory visa. But I believe that the law was amended in 2014

This is a diversity visa forum and all answers provided assume people are talking about DV. You will need to find experts appropriate to your visa category if it's different. We only know about DV. Sorry.

Like Susie noted above, you posted on a DV forum, so the response you received is DV based. You need to ensure you're posting your questions in the applicable forum in the future in order to prevent situations like this. The response provided is as applicable to a DV based immigrant visa holder, and the law is still pretty much applicable to DV candidates today.