2012 Mar N400 Tracker

madgu-gc2005,

Thanks!! Yes I got a new Drivers.License(new plastic) then and there with the same expiration date etc ., as the old one, the only difference being, now there is a new line in the card that says "Replacement Card Issued" with the date. As you may know, they looked at the original Naturalization Certificate, scanned it and then gave it back to me.

All the best for yr interview!

Hi Voyage,

My oath is on June 27, 2012. Basically before you apply for the passport you have to finish the DMV job or after getting the passport since the original is required in both places.

whats the time line for Columbus, OH N-400 guys to have citizenship?

I do not think there is lot of rush for N400 in Columbus. I had problems getting fp notice, you can take an Infopass apt if there are any issues.

Thanks vkums just checking with you..whats the time line for Columbus, OH N-400 guys to have citizenship? same 4-5 months like other ASC's? Columbus, OH being small place, does it have 1-2 months of waiting time for arranging Oaths for this ASC?

Hi Voyage,

My oath is on June 27, 2012. Basically before you apply for the passport you have to finish the DMV job or after getting the passport since the original is required in both places.

madgu-gc2005,

Yes, you have to finish the DMV first and preferably the SSA also after that(I didn't have time to do the SSA, I'll do that after I get my US passport & Naturalization Certificate back) since both agency want to see yr original Nat.Cert and then you can apply for the US passport. The down side is you cannot apply for the US passport then and there in the Court House/USCIS Office where yr oath is, but you can register to vote right there, b'cos they don't ask to see the Nat.Certificate at all.

madgu-gc2005,

Yes, you have to finish the DMV first and preferably the SSA also after that(I didn't have time to do the SSA, I'll do that after I get my US passport & Naturalization Certificate back) since both agency want to see yr original Nat.Cert and then you can apply for the US passport. The down side is you cannot apply for the US passport then and there in the Court House/USCIS Office where yr oath is, but you can register to vote right there, b'cos they don't ask to see the Nat.Certificate at all.

What's the benefit of updating DMV license? I can understand SSN to accept federal (or state) cleared jobs, etc and ofcourse passport but DMV after GC has no restrictions as well. Am I missing something?

What's the benefit of updating DMV license? I can understand SSN to accept federal (or state) cleared jobs, etc and ofcourse passport but DMV after GC has no restrictions as well. Am I missing something?

Well, it is good to have yr status updated. If for any reason you are stopped, especially for people living near a border state, the officer would know you are a U.S citizen and for that reason it is good to have a passport card as well(with the Supreme court upholding the "asking for papers to prove yr status" part of the Arizona Law).

Also when u are in GC status, when you renew yr license, they don't issue the plastic right away, instead they give u a temporary paper one until the real one comes in mail(at least hats the case here in FL).

Also when u are in GC status, when you renew yr license, they don't issue the plastic right away, instead they give u a temporary paper one until the real one comes in mail(at least hats the case here in FL).

Does it apply to all states (giving your license on the spot if you are a citizen)? I am aware that in east coast (NJ, PA) they give DL right away even for non immigrant visa holders. I heard from my friends lived over there.

Passed my interview in Kansas City

I had my interview yesterday at Kansas city MO and passed

My appointment was at 10.30AM and was called in about 11AM and was done by 11.12AM. So it was easy. IO was professional, friendly and quick. Monday is a busy day at DO so there were many cars outside. I reached the IO at 10AM and waited till 11AM. Many people were waiting (hall was full). Interestingly, one guy had come there for a walkin interview (surprized me!!!) He had his interview scheduled next week, but he was travelling. So decided to show up at the IO and they accomodated him. You need to drop your interview letter in the box outside the door. IOs keep coming and picking them up as they send people out. My interview letter was picked by a lady IO but was interviewed by someone else (male IO)

Anyway, my name was called and I went to the door. IO said good morning and let me into a corridor. He asked me for my drivers license, Greencard, REP (didn't ask for passport). Matched names and faces to all the three documents and to my interview letter. Than took me to his office. As we were walking I made a small joke about his tie and we had a good laugh. He was friendly and had good sense of humor. That put us in ease.

Once inside the office, he let me put my folders down and asked me to keep standing. He asked me raise right hand and administered oath. After sayign I do. He asked me to sit down and said "Since, we are understanding each other fine, let me finish this in a good speed. If I am too fast, Please stop me and ask me to slow down. I am sorry we are running late and want to get you out soon". I said thats fine. Than he took my application, started asking whats my full name, why I am chanign my name, where I have lived so far, Where I work, How many trips I have taken in last 5 years etc,. No point he looked at me. He was just listening to what I am saying and jumping to next questions. Infact, I felt like he just making sure things written on the application is right. I had one correction (my wedding anniversary date), he did that. I wanted to change my employment date (I had a few days wrong for my start date), he said don't worry it doesn't matter.

Than he jumped to civil questions. I don't remember the questions. I answered first six right and he stopped. He had printed sheet with 10 questions. He asked 6 in random order. I had 2 question specific to kansas (like capital and governor). He said its very rare I get 2 questions relating to same topic. He asked me to read "July 4th is our independence day" and write "Washington was father of our nation". He didn't even look at the sheet, but marked it right and signed.

Than started asking me yes and No qustions from the last part of the application. Which was vey quick. Than said, He is recommending me for approval. I asked him if it is possible to get the oath letter today, he said no. Than thanked me for my time and walked me out.

Very relieved it is over with. I had 3 issues with my application that I was worried
1. Continious residency; I had one trip for 7 months just before sending the application. He didn't even bother to ask any questions about it (infact, he didn't even ask for any documents that I carried for any thing. He saw my drivers license, GC and REP)
2. Speeding tickets: I had 2 dismissed tickets from 6 years ago. I mentioned to him during the interview, he said thats fine but didn't change the anwer on n400
3. Wife and kids are not living with me from last one year. We are not separated or not planning to. It is just that she can't enter US as her advance parole expired when she was visiting home land. she is struck there till I get my citizenship and get her GC. He didn't care about this either

Overall, its done. Now time to check the mailbox everyday for oath letter. Good luck to everyone.

YL received for wife, but still no interview letter

DO: Portland, OR

06/07/07: GC (Employment)
03/19/12: N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ with USPS
03/21/12: N-400 delivered
03/22/12: N-400 priority date
03/26/12: Personal Check cashed
03/29/12: NOA recvd
04/18/12: FP notice mailed
04/20/12: FP notice recvd
05/16/12: FP done
05/18/12: Online Status changed to "Testing and Interview"
06/13/12: YL received for myself
06/23/12: YL received for wife

xx/xx/12: IL recvd
xx/xx/12: Interview
xx/xx/12: Oath
xx/xx/12: PP application
xx/xx/12: PP received

Thanks

Does it apply to all states (giving your license on the spot if you are a citizen)? I am aware that in east coast (NJ, PA) they give DL right away even for non immigrant visa holders. I heard from my friends lived over there.

In VA, you get the DL right away. Even if you're on H1B. GC is treated same as Citizenship since you're given a license. I got my license for 7 years.

Tomorrow is my wife's interview..

DO Tampa FL March Filer
03/01/12: N-400 mailed
03/06/12: N-400 priority date
03/12/12: NOA recvd
04/19/12: FP notice mailed
04/24/12: FP notice recvd
05/16/12: FP done [on appointment date]
05/24/12: IL recvd [interview June 27th]
06/27/12: Interview
Xx/Xx/12: Oath
Xx/Xx/12: PP application
Xx/Xx/12: PP received

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview Done

Interview was scheduled @ 7:30 am. Was called in @ 7:45. Out by 8:05.
It was pretty straight forward. The IO went through the application and then administered the tests.

The questions were
Who is the Governor of florida
Who was the first President?
What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen?
What movement tried to end racial discrimination?
Where is the Statue of Liberty?
Name two national U.S. holidays.

Oath will be scheduled in 2-3 weeks

My wife had her interview today.. I went with her to the Tampa office but of course, didn't join her for the interview as this is not allowed..
She was back out in about 10 mins or less. Here is how she told me that it went.. The guy asked her for some documents (tax returns, passport, drivers license etc.) and then he started the interview.. He asked her only 8 questions and, as she answered all 8 correctly, he didn't continue with the last 2 as she only needed 8 correct answers. Then he asked her to write "The President lives in the White House". Once she did that, he told her that she had passed the interview and will be scheduled for her oath and that she'll receive a letter in 1 to 10 days with the date and place of the oath!

DO Tampa FL March Filer
03/01/12: N-400 mailed
03/06/12: N-400 priority date
03/12/12: NOA recvd
04/19/12: FP notice mailed
04/24/12: FP notice recvd
05/16/12: FP done [on appointment date]
05/24/12: IL recvd [interview June 27th]
06/27/12: Interview PASSED
Xx/Xx/12: Oath
Xx/Xx/12: PP application
Xx/Xx/12: PP received

Interview was scheduled @ 7:30 am. Was called in @ 7:45. Out by 8:05.
It was pretty straight forward. The IO went through the application and then administered the tests.

The questions were
Who is the Governor of florida
Who was the first President?
What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen?
What movement tried to end racial discrimination?
Where is the Statue of Liberty?
Name two national U.S. holidays.

Oath will be scheduled in 2-3 weeks

It's funny.. my wife had exactly those same questions at the Tampa office..

In addition to those, she had the following 2 questions:

What did Martin Luther King do?
What is the capital of the United States?

Those were her 8 questions..

Took Oath this morning at LA Convention Center

Folks,

I took oath this morning and with that, my immigration journey has come to an end. About 4500 people took oath this morning session at LA convention center. The ceremony started at 9 am and by the time I came out with naturalization certificate it was 11.30 am. We were just sitting about one and half hours and the district court judge came at 9 am. It was an emotional feeling altogether.

I'm very thankful to Mr.Khanna and all of you here in this forum where I get answers and inputs for any queries that I post. All the best to each one of you !!

"God Bless the USA!!"

Folks,

I took oath this morning and with that, my immigration journey has come to an end. About 4500 people took oath this morning session at LA convention center. The ceremony started at 9 am and by the time I came out with naturalization certificate it was 11.30 am. We were just sitting about one and half hours and the district court judge came at 9 am. It was an emotional feeling altogether.

I'm very thankful to Mr.Khanna and all of you here in this forum where I get answers and inputs for any queries that I post. All the best to each one of you !!

"God Bless the USA!!"

Congratulations!

congratulations !!!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!.

WERE THERE ANY QUESTIONS AT THE BACK OF OATH SCHEDULE FORM OR AT THE VENUE ?

I just finished my interview recently, awaiting oath letter

GC category EB1-EA and NIW
Step 01) 03/16/12: N-400 mailed to Lewisville, TX
Step 02) 03/19/12: N-400 delivered
Step 03) 03/19/12: N-400 priority date
Step 04) 03/21/12: Check cashed
Step 05) 03/25/12: NOA recvd
Step 06) 04/04/12: FP notice mailed
Step 07) 04/09/12: FP notice recvd
Step 08) 04/13/12: FP done (Alexandria,VA)
Step 09) 04/17/12: Online Status changed to "Testing and Interview" (placed in line for interview schEduling)
Step 10 05/21/2012 interview scheduled
Step 11 05/24/12: IL recvd
Step 12 06/26/12: Interview passed
Step 12) Xx/Xx/12: Oath
Step 13) Xx/Xx/12: PP application
Step 14) Xx/Xx/12: PP received

Folks,

"God Bless the USA!!"

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!.

WERE THERE ANY QUESTIONS AT THE BACK OF OATH SCHEDULE FORM OR AT THE VENUE ?

I just finished my interview recently, awaiting oath letter]QUOTE

Thank you NIW-Nov 04.

Yes there were questions at the back of oath letter where all are Yes OR No questions. All questions (that was in N-400 application that you sent) were asked again (about 8-9 I think). I filled the form after reaching the venue and it took 2 min to fill. You need to fill the following too

signed at: Phoenix, AZ (for example)
Your current home address:
and Your signature with date (oath date)

I want to say one more thing the drivers license does not need to be updated. Yesterday after I got my certificate I went to one of the DMV office to update my drivers license as our fellow members did. What I did learn was there is no need to do anything with respect to the drivers license as long as you have not changed your name or you are pretty close to expiration. After the oath ceremony I handed over the voters registration card (either you can submit there or you can mail). If you are planning to apply for passport go with one passport picture since you will be provided the passport application. I did not apply since there were lot of people standing in line (at least 300-400 were in line out of 4485 naturalized citizens.

How was your interview? Did the IO ask about your current employment?

Good luck with your Oath..

Good expirience for me and my wife

Well the interview was very good. No employment question. Thanks for goodluck for the oath keeping fingers crossed.:eek:

update you DMV record

Hi, i think it is a good idea to get you DMV updated due to information on it may still reflect you as a green cardholder. A traffic officer might ask you to produce that if he wants in certain states since you are supposed to carry that with you all the time.