Victim of Marriage Fraud....please help

Reet

Registered Users (C)
A dumb friend of mine was dating a guy, who was on student visa in Canada. Couple months later he asked her to marry her, She was in love with him and wanted to marry him, so her suggestion was to lets get family involved and get engaged first. But somehow he manipulated her mind by making up all the stories like , his family is so poor, can't afford international student fees and he will have to leave study and go back home and done with his future.

She agreed, and got married in court. He is now a Permanent Residence of Canada, All of the suddent he does'nt love her, He can not marry her because of his family is not allowing him to marry her and the jerk moved on with his life by leaving my friend in a very bad situation. He does not respond to her emails and he is planning to marry some other girl that he likes.

A beautifull young girl who is MD student, giving up her classes because she can not concentrate on study or anything. She became insomniac, the doctor prescribed her sleeping pills and even those pills doesn't help. She was always quite and never talked like before and finally she told me about what happened to her after i forced her to let it out about what happned.

So I found a canadian immigration site where you can complaint against the person who commited a fraud so they can help you. But after calling them, their response was that they need a proof that he has commited a fraud and she was a victim of marriage fraud.

We need your help guys, need your thoughts on this, what could be done so she can prove him wrong and he gets punished of what he had done.

Thanks for reading....

Last edited by a moderator:
Change of heart of one spouse within a marriage is not neccessarily marriage fraud. Was this marriage consumated? Were both parties free and willing to marry when the marriage took place? If the answer to both of these is yes, your friend faces an uphill battle. Duping someone into marriage is not a criminal offence. How long did they live together before he moved out?
I am not trying to defend the guy. Just being very practical here. Your friend's best option is to consider this a learning curve and move on.

We need your help guys, need your thoughts on this, what could be done so she can prove him wrong and he gets punished of what he had done.

This is the not the thing to change anyone mind. If any person had decided to fraud then nobody can stop them. Marriage fraud is one of the common thing which I had noted in most of the countries.