2012 February N-400 Tracker

Well, I am joining you guys. Application sent to Texas service center, based on 5 yrs of continious residence

February Aplicant

Hey guys, I sent my application the 1st of February to the Dallas Office and I have just received my NOA. According to the statistics at the Dallas Office, they have completed 1,694 applications and have received 1,284 in the month of November so hope it goes really quick.

2/1/12 -Sent N400 to Dallas Office
2/8/12 - Received email and text message from USCIS
2/10/12 - Received NOA

I am curious how you received the email and text even before receiving the receipt?

I read in another thread about attaching the e-notification form to your application; when you do that they will send you an email before sending the NOA.

The e-notification form is at the USCIS site; search for form G-1145.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this, could I do something now?

I read in another thread about attaching the e-notification form to your application; when you do that they will send you an email before sending the NOA.

The e-notification form is at the USCIS site; search for form G-1145.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this, could I do something now?

No, it has to be sent with the application. Its only purpose is to give you an email or text notification that your application has been received. It's like getting an unofficial NOA a few days before the real paper NOA. It's not really that useful. :)

N400 February Tracker

Hello everyone,

Joining the February list. BTW, I enrolled in e-mail and text notification after I had submitted my paperwork. You can enroll once you receive your case#.

01/30/12: N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ with Fedex
02/01/12: N-400 delivered
02/07/12: Check cashed
02/09/12: NOA recvd
02/14/12: Status as of this date is in "Initial Review"
xx/xx/12: FP notice mailed
xx/xx/12: FP notice recvd
xx/xx/12: FP done
xx/xx/12: Online Status changed to "Testing and Interview"
xx/xx/12: IL recvd
xx/xx/12: Interview
xx/xx/12: Oath
xx/xx/12: PP application
xx/xx/12: PP received

Update FP mailed :)

Just receive a txt that my status had changed. FP notice has been mailed :). Looking good!!!

01/30/12: N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ with Fedex
02/01/12: N-400 delivered
02/07/12: Check cashed
02/09/12: NOA recvd
02/14/12: Status as of this date is in "Initial Review"
02/14/12: FP notice mailed - Online Status still in "Initial Review"
xx/xx/12: FP notice recvd

Hey guys, just checked USCIS website and it says they sent my FP notice on the 14th. Should get it by friday and then I will go to the FP site on tuesday or wednesday to do a walk-in. Hopefully it moves fast, unlike last time when the fp step lasted more than 2 months (GC fingerprints). I guess a lot of people have my name and some of them are searched by police. So far, I think USCIS is doing a great job processing applications!!

Sent N 400 (Day 1) - 2/1/12
N 400 received (Day 3) - 2/3/12
NOA text and email received (Day 7) - 2/7/12
FP update on USCIS website/ FP notice sent (Day 14) - 2/14/12
FP notice received (Day 1x) - 2/1x/12

FP Notice Received via Email

Just received an email that the FP notice has been mailed out today. Hopefully can get it by this Friday/Saturday.
Can I do walk-in? Would this help in speeding up the application?
How to do walk-in? Just bring in the FP notice letter to any DO (San Jose for my case)?
If officer asks me why I come early, what excuse should I give then?

Thanks!

So I received the FP notice today on the mail. I think I will do a walk-in tomorrow as I have time and will be busy at the time of the actual appointment on 2/29/12. I hope the background check goes smoothly.

On another note, I sent tax returns copies for the past 3 years showing that we filed jointly, marriage license, and other documents with the original package as in the instructions it clearly states that if you have those documents you should tag them along to your application. I've seen posts of people who did not send those documents and I guess that is why some people get the YL and others do not. Anyways, have a great day guys! :D

FP Notice Mailed

Hello everyone,

I received my FP notice. It's scheduled for 02/29. However I'd like to go this coming Tuesday as a Walk-in. I checked the USCIS website and it does state that they serve the public by appointment. My FP location will be in Riverside California. Does anyone have any experience with FP walkins at this office?

01/30/12: N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ with Fedex (1 day)
02/01/12: N-400 delivered (3 Days)
02/07/12: Check cashed (9 Days)
02/09/12: NOA recvd (11 Days)
02/14/12: Status as of this date is in "Initial Review" (16 days)
02/14/12: FP notice mailed (16 days)
02/16/12: FP notice recvd (18 days)

Hi all,

I went to the FP office today. I got there and the place was empty. The guys that work there were talking to each other as they had nothing to do.

I gave my GC and driver's license to the officer and she gave me a sheet to fill out with some personal info i.e., name, height, eye color, hair color, citizenship.

When I finished with the sheet, I gave it to another lady that gave it to the officer who actually takes the FPs. She was very courteous and nice, we were done in less than 5 minutes.

No questions asked, no problems whatsoever. I guess if the office were full and they were really busy, then they would ask you why you went that day when your appointment says another date.

Great experience, now, wait and then wait some more. Halfway done already!! :D

Hi all,

I went to the FP office today. I got there and the place was empty. The guys that work there were talking to each other as they had nothing to do.

I gave my GC and driver's license to the officer and she gave me a sheet to fill out with some personal info i.e., name, height, eye color, hair color, citizenship.

When I finished with the sheet, I gave it to another lady that gave it to the officer who actually takes the FPs. She was very courteous and nice, we were done in less than 5 minutes.

No questions asked, no problems whatsoever. I guess if the office were full and they were really busy, then they would ask you why you went that day when your appointment says another date.

Great experience, now, wait and then wait some more. Halfway done already!! :D

Did the same. Got the mail at 2:00PM and did the FP at 3:00PM :)
The place was totally empty, we were the only ones. It was fast and very professional.