• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 - AOS - step by step

Hello ETL,

Things are going great!. I am just working hard in school and concentrating on doing well on my finals. I'll go ahead and mention the visa bulletin thing to my attorney. She can check directly with the local FO (Orlando) and make sure that it will get processed.

Hang in there!, March will be here before you know it.

All the best,

Strictly_Analog

Hi folks. I hope everybody is doing fine. I had a few posts back in August, though I've been following the activity on this forum. I had to wait for my visa extension, which took forever. I finally got it and I' m rushing to get my AOS package done. My CN 2012EU000137xx - will be current in January.

I have a few questions regarding the I485 for kids:
- on page 1, part 2, box h, I put: Son of DV Lottery winner. Letter attached. Any other suggestions?
- on page 6, part 5: He's 8 years old. Obviously he wouldn't fill this form by himself. So do I put myself as an interpreter. How about applicant signature. Do I put his name and I sign? Or do I put my name, sign and make a note that I'm his father?

Thanks again

Strictly_Analog

CN Current
Great news!, I just found out my CN# will be current in January!.

My I-485 Packet has been done for a while so I am more than ready to send it in. I recall reading on this forum that you can send your packet 60 days before your CN# is actually current AS LONG as it is on the advance notification part of the visa bulletin.

Hi Strictly_Analog,

Did you end up sending your AOS package. My CN# is current in January too. I've got everything ready. I'm just waiting for the DOS - AOS payment receipt.

Thanks

Hi Strictly_Analog,

Did you end up sending your AOS package. My CN# is current in January too. I've got everything ready. I'm just waiting for the DOS - AOS payment receipt.

Thanks

Hello rgm_rc

Yes, I sent the package thanksgiving day (of all days that I could have sent it). and it arrived there the monday after thanksgiving.

I am saddened to say that my application was rejected. I got a NOA stating this saturday, but I just opened it today when I got home. It doesn't state the reason why it was rejected, but it mentions a supplemental notice (M-180) that does so. I believe this will be on my returned AOS package (which i haven't gotten back yet, they'll probably send it to my attorney's office).

I know exactly what happened though. Even though I sent the package with a printout of the advanced VB and within 60 days before my CN actually became current they still considered it to be "to early".

I am a little down because of this, but I am hopeful that my application will be accepted in January. The VB for January clearly states that the cut-off number is 675 so I meet the criteria for filing.

Good luck to us all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Strictly_Analog,

Thanks for your answer.
That kind of sucks. Hopefully they didn't cash your check and make you pay again. I assume you're going to wait until the very end of December or even 1st of Jan. Are you still going to include a printout of the current VB?

Good luck

Hello Strictly_Analog,

Thanks for your answer.
That kind of sucks. Hopefully they didn't cash your check and make you pay again. I assume you're going to wait until the very end of December or even 1st of Jan. Are you still going to include a printout of the current VB?

Good luck

They are not supposed to cash the check (they didn't cash mine). The application was not even considered. Apparently the M-180 just says that "your application was filed before the block of case numbers was authorized" and that's why it was sent back.

I will go ahead and wait till January 2nd to send my packet again. I strongly discourage anybody of sending their AOS packet before the month when their actual CN# is current. Including a printout is optional, but I don't think it would hurt to send one just in case. Make sure to highlight the cut-off number for your region.

Good Luck

In visa bulletin,
Europe 22,000, except Uzbekistan 16,500
if your number is lover than 22,000 can you still send AOS package? or is it, if you are from uzbekistan and your CN is lower than 22,000 then you can send AOS package?

In visa bulletin,
Europe 22,000, except Uzbekistan 16,500
if your number is lover than 22,000 can you still send AOS package? or is it, if you are from uzbekistan and your CN is lower than 22,000 then you can send AOS package?

Hello emilbek,

It means that if you are from any country in europe except Uzbekistan AND your CN# is less than 22,000 you can send your package.

If you are from Uzbekistan your number must be less than 16,500 to send your package.

Regards,

Like Strictly_Analog I have been rejected because I submitted prior to being current but within the 75 days.

Did anyone try to re-submit within the 75 days? I am considering hiring a lawyer to help me on this. Any advise?

Cheers

Second Rejection Notice

Hello Guys,

This sucks. I am pretty shook up. I just received a second rejection notice. The letter did not include a M-180 form. It just stated the standard "Please be sure to complete the application fully, submit the appropriate fees and include all required supporting documentation".

I looked up my receipt number on the USCIS website and it mentions that my fee will be returned to me so no worries there.

The returned packet should have arrived at my lawyer's office today, but since it is saturday I cannot get a hold of her and will have to wait until monday to talk to her and re-send the application for a third time.

I included a new 2012 medical form with my flu vaccine info so that cannot be it. I will keep you guys posted.

Regards,

Strictly_Analog

Strictly_Analog
Second Rejection Notice

Hello Guys,

This sucks ....

That really sucks. I'm sure you're looking forward to speaking to your lawyer. Hopefully it all turns out OK. Keep us posted.

Good luck

Hello Guys,
This sucks. I am pretty shook up. I just received a second rejection notice....
<snip>

Hi Strictly_Analog,

I'm very sorry to hear this news. It seems they are being very specific with submission at the time your CN is current. But, what did you find out of your submission? Why was it rejected a second time?

I hope your lawyer is being helpful in this matter. Have you resubmit your application? My CN will be current in March, so I will submit late next month.

Best wishes,
ETL

Updates

Just clicked on this to see everyone's updates...

Quick question to Strictly_Analog: Did you get a new receipt number each time they rejected your application? When they rejected mine (I had forgotten to sign the I485) there was a receipt number on the package rejected, but when they accepted, I noticed the e-notifications had a different receipt number. The previous receipt number still shows as my matter was rejected and that I should submit a duly signed form etc, and the progress has been on the new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Third time is the charm :)

Just clicked on this to see everyone's updates...

Quick question to Strictly_Analog: Did you get a new receipt number each time they rejected your application? When they rejected mine (I had forgotten to sign the I485) there was a receipt number on the package rejected, but when they accepted, I noticed the e-notifications had a different receipt number. The previous receipt number still shows as my matter was rejected and that I should submit a duly signed form etc, and the progress has been on the new one.

Hello All!

I'd like to let you guys know that my application was accepted for adjudication!. I got my receipt email last week and my NOA in the mail!. I am very happy about this :)

USCIS did not specify why the second time it didn't get through. Maybe I was just dealing with an officer that wasn't aware of the DV Winner procedure. The ONLY different thing that we did this time was that my attorney included a BIG red cover letter stating: "DV LOTTERY WINNER - DO NOT REJECT". USCIS accepted it then.

To answer your question makeiteasier: Yes, each NOA from USCIS had a different receipt number.I haven't even typed in the 2 previous ones into the online USCIS case look-up. I am just subscribed to the one they accepted. I am currently a F-1 student doing OPT and doing this worked perfectly to track my EAD (took only 42 days from application to having the card on my hands!).

A question that I have though.The NOA states:

"USCIS will schedule a biometrics appointment for you to have your biometrics electronically captured at a USCIS Application Support Center. You will be receiving an appointment notice by mail with a specific date...", etc, etc.

My priority date is January 27, 2012. From everybody's experience for when should I receive a biometrics notice?. I live in Orlando, Florida. Thank you beforehand guys!

Cheers,

Strictly_Analog

Hi

?..The ONLY different thing that we did this time was that my attorney included a BIG red cover : "DV LOTTERY WINNER - DO NOT REJECT". USCIS accepted it ...

...My priority date is January 27, 2012. From everybody's experience for when should I receive a biometrics notice?. I live in Orlando, Florida. Thank you beforehand guys!

Strictly_Analog

I didn't know that DV cases do have priority dates.

I looove the red "Sign". :)

question about biometrics

It is past 12 here on the east coast so technically yours is tomorrow as well ;)

HI, does anyone know the answer to the following:

So i received a biometrics appointment for feb 3rd however when i went the office was closed due to bad weather so i went on the 8th when it was opened and the weather cleared up. My fingerprints were taken and all that but how do i know that my application is being processed and not considered abandoned because in the letter it said that if i missed the apointment it the AOS application would be considered abandoned. Anyone know how i could find out for sure if theyre still processing or i i need to remake another official biometrics apointment?

Does anyone know the typical waiting period between biometrics and an interview? Not from the official website, but from experience, looks like others recieved it from 7 days til 20 days estimated.

I-485 question "Applying with you" Part 3B

I'm submitting I-485 these days and I got confused about question "Applying with you" in part 3B. I have listed my spouse and while I'm doing AOS she will do CP in her native country as dependent. Does this mean that she is applying with me in general, what is the case, or this question relates to spouse who will do AOS and I-485 filling as well?