Still Waiting.......................

kelly123

Registered Users (C)
Ok, so now I am really getting a little too paranoid, I had my affirmative asylum interview on the 13th of December 2010 and I still havent heard back from them. It says on the USCIS website in the asylum manual that it should take them around 60 days or so to come up with a decision but they obviously seem to be taking long. I can understand that the field office may have a lot on their plate but would you rather think that them taking more time is a good thing or a bad thing? Not that I have anything to hide, they could do security checks and what not but it does seem to me that my case may as well just be sitting on someones desk. And then I cant even get the USCIS call centre to get me the phone number to that office, say I have to send them a letter. Any thoughts people?

I went into Miami by the way......

IT CAN TAKE UP TO 12 MONTHS. i know this happened to some. for those with valid visa and if your asylum is going to be approved, most likely you won't get approval decision until your visa is expired. but main reason is they are doing name/backround check and it takes few months for most people

Hello,

I had mine on December 7th 2010. I still have not received anything. I called the asylum office last week and they told me a decision has been made. They said it could take up to 3 weeks for me to receive it in the mail so I am just waiting. It can be very frustrating. I am just praying all goes well. Goodluck to you guys!

hi guys, could any one tell me why the uscis take too much time to make a decision on asylum cases? Now It's been 3 months since they told me that they would mail it to me, why some people get a decision in two weeks and others months or years, only now i understand what living in limbo means. any idea please.

hi guys, could any one tell me why the uscis take too much time to make a decision on asylum cases? Now It's been 3 months since they told me that they would mail it to me, why some people get a decision in two weeks and others months or years, only now i understand what living in limbo means. any idea please.

You hear people in the world keep saying "Life is not fair". Well this might be one of the best answer to your question.

Relax patiently. It's been 8months since they told me that they have made the decision and was to get it in two weeks. And am still waiting.....and waiting................and ...................MORE WAITING!

And am still waiting.....and waiting................and ...................MORE WAITING!

When you deal with USCIS, you have 3 options.

1. Waiting.
2. Waiting more.
3. Endless waiting.

If option 1 doesn't work, go to option 2 and if option 2 doesn't work go to option 3.

I think USCIS needs to hire more adjudicators/officers to speed up the process.

If you call the 1-800 number (customer service), you will notice that it is a waste of time to talk to those contractors and you will notice that USCIS is wasting money to hire them. They should reduce the number of those contractors and use that money to hire more adjudicators/officers to process the cases fast.

If you haven't called the customer service yet, then I would recommend that you give it a try to see what a waste of time and money.

I also noticed that they changed the website to make it look more fancy. Well, I think customers/applicants don't care about how fancy the website looks like. They care about how long they wait in the process, which means USCIS needs to hire more adjudicators.

Thankyou guys for the reply and you know what I thought such things exist only in the third world countries like that shit one where i came from but I never never expect to see it here in US again any way I believe all I have to do now is pray.

1. Waiting.
2. Waiting more.
3. Endless waiting.

If option 1 doesn't work, go to option 2 and if option 2 doesn't work go to option 3.

If you call the 1-800 number (customer service), you will notice that it is a waste of time to talk to those contractors and you will notice that USCIS is wasting money to hire them. They should reduce the number of those contractors and use that money to hire more adjudicators/officers to process the cases fast.

If you haven't called the customer service yet, then I would recommend that you give it a try to see what a waste of time and money.

I also noticed that they changed the website to make it look more fancy. Well, I think customers/applicants don't care about how fancy the website looks like. They care about how long they wait in the process, which means USCIS needs to hire more adjudicators.

I agree completely. If it wasn't for your help with the SAVE info, I would still be waiting for my SS card. The customer service rep even told me to make an info pass, which it turned out wasn't neccessary at all.

Good luck and hope you guys get your papers soon.

It's been 8months since they told me that they have made the decision and was to get it in two weeks. And am still waiting.....and waiting................and ...................MORE WAITING!

Mr. Bird,
You should try to follow up with the asylum office. Go there in person and ask a clerk. If the clerk is in a good mood, he/she will tell you the reason why it is still pending. Sometimes, the case remains pending because of the background name check is still pending.

The name check is one of the main cause of the delay for I-589, I-485, and N-400. None of those application can be approved without completing the name check.

In some cases, they issue a recommended approval if the name check is still pending.

Every asylum office has one day a week dedicated to answering inquiries from lawyers and applicants. Find out what that day is and go in person.

Mr. Bird,
You should try to follow up with the asylum office. Go there in person and ask a clerk. If the clerk is in a good mood, he/she will tell you the reason why it is still pending. Sometimes, the case remains pending because of the background name check is still pending.

The name check is one of the main cause of the delay for I-589, I-485, and N-400. None of those application can be approved without completing the name check.

In some cases, they issue a recommended approval if the name check is still pending.

Every asylum office has one day a week dedicated to answering inquiries from lawyers and applicants. Find out what that day is and go in person.
Assylum I have a question if they told me the reason for pending is background name check Is that means they want approve my case after that or may be they could also deny it ??

Assylum I have a question if they told me the reason for pending is background name check Is that means they want approve my case after that or may be they could also deny it ??

If a clerk is in a good mood and tells you that it is pending because they are waiting for the FBI name check, then you have a very high chance that they will approve you. The clerk is able to give you some useful information because he/she has access to RAPS system. However, the clerk is not obligated to give you any information other than "case is still pending".

They are not required to wait for the FBI name check if they decide to deny your case or refer it to EOIR. However, they have to wait to complete your name check process before issuing the final approval. Sometimes but not always, they issue a recommended approval if they want to approve your case and the name check is pending. This depends on the officer and the supervisor who are assigned to your case.

1. Waiting.
2. Waiting more.
3. Endless waiting.

hahaha, i have exhausted all the three options..now am on the fourth one...Desperately waiting endlessly. sure, they need to do their job. And i called the customer service until i got used to their baseless responses. I faxed them enough times until they recently wrote me a letter that i need not contact that office again since they are still looking at my case. Why does it take them forever to check someone who was checked at the boarder less than six months or a year ago by the same office while entering????

hahaha, i have exhausted all the three options..now am on the fourth one...Desperately waiting endlessly.

Make sure that when you are on option four, you should see a doctor on regular basis to avoid stress related health problems because of the endless waiting. Also, do a lot of cardio and exercise. This might help you avoid stress related health issues and will help you avoid having gray hair and wrinkled face at early age. Living in a limbo is like a mental persecution and it is so bad for the health. Sometimes it causes heart attack for some people.

I hope you get the approval letter soon. God bless

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone! I've been away for a while....
10 months today since I applied for asylum.... and no response!
I just need mercy from God.... like assylum said in his post, "is like a mental persecution" ... insecurity, fear, and the terrible feeling that you don't belong anywhere!

Hello everyone! I've been away for a while....
10 months today since I applied for asylum.... and no response!
I just need mercy from God.... like assylum said in his post, "is like a mental persecution" ... insecurity, fear, and the terrible feeling that you don't belong anywhere!

hahaha sometimes i find it funny, i hit 10 months too on 18th April! Hahaha we migh end up seeking for 'asylum' from uscis metal persecution...lol Take it easy, i don't even think about it. I think am certain we will get approved hence am relaxed! :)

Ok, so now I am really getting a little too paranoid, I had my affirmative asylum interview on the 13th of December 2010 and I still havent heard back from them. It says on the USCIS website in the asylum manual that it should take them around 60 days or so to come up with a decision but they obviously seem to be taking long. I can understand that the field office may have a lot on their plate but would you rather think that them taking more time is a good thing or a bad thing? Not that I have anything to hide, they could do security checks and what not but it does seem to me that my case may as well just be sitting on someones desk. And then I cant even get the USCIS call centre to get me the phone number to that office, say I have to send them a letter. Any thoughts people?

I went into Miami by the way......

I will try to tell you guys what the Officer told me at the end of my hearing (USCIS-Anaheim-California)

My interview was very long (4:30 minutes) However it was very calm and positive. The Officer said "I'm the Officer who will approve or deny your case, so if you don't lie to me, everything will be fine".

At the end of my hearing he asked me if I had any crimes back in my country and If I was involved in any kind of terrorism group.

I said "no".

Then he said "Ok, our interview is finished and I will send your case to Washington D.C. so they can do the background check back in Brazil".

The Officer asked me to sign a paper so they could mail the final decision. He also said "Don't worry! The agents in D.C. are very busy and it'll take over 2 months"

---> It's been 2 months and 15 days and I haven't gotten anything from them!
---> Does "background check" mean that my case was approved? Because from what I've been reading, usually a "denied letter" comes after 2 weeks and It doesnt take 2.5 months to say "NO", right?

The ones who were approved, could you please give me some hope?

Thank you so much

M,