Asylum Interview Done! Now The Wait.........

kelly123

Registered Users (C)
So, I had my asylum interview on the 13th, it was at scheduled for 10 am at the Miami center, I was called in around 11 and it lasted about an hour or so, the IO was really nice and asked me questions straight out, she basically went over what I wrote in a random order, she went over dates, events, she was taking notes on how I describe them, occasionally checking my application for pointers to keep me talking, she talked about my religion, she asked me to name the Gospels, she asked me about Easter, Good Friday and any Psalms or Hymns I knew, I told her I know the Lords Prayer in English and Psalm 23, rest of the stuff I can probably try to translate, but its not going to be the Biblical version. She asked if she can take my original Church letter and keep it, I let her keep it. I also showed her the page on my passport where it states my religion, and she made copies of it, at the end she asked if there was another part of the country I could relocate to if I went back, and I said this is what happened in the capital, the rest of the country is a mess, its a failed state with no government protection for me. I pointed the recent article about the Christian lady in Pakistan that is set to be executed on charges of blasphemy, I said that I don't want to be in her shoes, or have anyone from my family be in that position. I showed her my scars and my arm, she made some copies of my educational documents, being that I am a student here, she already had my SEVIS record on her desk. She re-iterated my duration of stay and asked about the jobs that I had worked.

Overall it seemed like a very comprehensive and lengthy interview, where she covered all aspects of my affidavit, the application and additional input I gave. And I believe I was at times thinking aloud and remembering details that I had left out, but over all I was quite responsive and explained myself well.

I really hope this goes through!! Your thoughts people??

So, I had my asylum interview on the 13th, it was at scheduled for 10 am at the Miami center, I was called in around 11 and it lasted about an hour or so, the IO was really nice and asked me questions straight out, she basically went over what I wrote in a random order, she went over dates, events, she was taking notes on how I describe them, occasionally checking my application for pointers to keep me talking, she talked about my religion, she asked me to name the Gospels, she asked me about Easter, Good Friday and any Psalms or Hymns I knew, I told her I know the Lords Prayer in English and Psalm 23, rest of the stuff I can probably try to translate, but its not going to be the Biblical version. She asked if she can take my original Church letter and keep it, I let her keep it. I also showed her the page on my passport where it states my religion, and she made copies of it, at the end she asked if there was another part of the country I could relocate to if I went back, and I said this is what happened in the capital, the rest of the country is a mess, its a failed state with no government protection for me. I pointed the recent article about the Christian lady in Pakistan that is set to be executed on charges of blasphemy, I said that I don't want to be in her shoes, or have anyone from my family be in that position. I showed her my scars and my arm, she made some copies of my educational documents, being that I am a student here, she already had my SEVIS record on her desk. She re-iterated my duration of stay and asked about the jobs that I had worked.

Overall it seemed like a very comprehensive and lengthy interview, where she covered all aspects of my affidavit, the application and additional input I gave. And I believe I was at times thinking aloud and remembering details that I had left out, but over all I was quite responsive and explained myself well.

I really hope this goes through!! Your thoughts people??

This is a strong case. I will be so shocked if they reject your case. You should be approved. God bless you

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you will win your case. at the end of the interview did she told you come back after two weeks for the result or to wail the mail?

She told me to wait for the decision in the mail, they made me sign a document saying that I agree to have my decision mailed to me since I am still in valid status.

And yeah thanks for the wishes....that'd be the best Christmas and New Years present ever!!! :))

Allright so its been 30 days exactly today and I still havent heard back from USCIS, I'm kinda freaking out here.....why are they taking their sweet time or if they are is that a good thing or a bad thing, I guess they give priority to out of status applicants as opposed to affirmative applicants. Let me know if thats right....would like someone with a similar experience to comment as well.

Well thanks to almighty God, it was at scheduled for 7:30 in the morning and i arrived there with five minutes in delay after ten minutes the IO woman who has a spanish name called me and almost all the questions were from my declaration that i've submited before, my case was based on religious persecution she asked me if i have any supportive documents and i show her every thing i had like documents,pictures,reciepts,letter from testimony and country conditon.the first question was why you left your country , how i practice my religion and also she asked me about dates, events i think the only tricky questions were on dates like if once i told her i went to military in 2005 then after several question she asked me again how old were you when you went to military...she asked me what would happen to you if you return to your home country i told her at minimum i would face indefinite prison or i will be killed she asked for what reason i told her the reasons and finally she told me the decision will be made in ten days so i have to return to pick up my decision. wish me a good luck.

hey assylum i just tried to check my status online but it always say •Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.
what does it realy mean? thanks

hey assylum i just tried to check my status online but it always say •Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.
what does it realy mean? thanks

You can't check I-589 applications online.
You can see it online only and only if you get approved by USCIS.

so if they approved it can i see it before i pick up the decision letter? or i can see it only after i pick up the decision?

so if they approved it can i see it before i pick up the decision letter? or i can see it only after i pick up the decision?

You will see it when the asylum office orders a production of your EAD(A05) card. It is an employment authorization card valid for 2 years. They usually orders it on the same day they mail the approval letter/I-94.

hi everyone specially ASSYLUM i would like to thank you for your supportive information you always provide to people on this forum may God bless you and sorry for making to many questions, one thing i want to know is from your older posts i find that by calling to # 800-898-7180 that it's possible to know if the case was reffered to IJ i tried to do so after i input the nine digits A# following the instruction the automated operator says ... Or the case was not forwarded to immigration court, does this mean that my case is still with the AO? i couldn't also see my status on the USCIS website, pls share from your experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi everyone specially ASSYLUM i would like to thank you for your supportive information you always provide to people on this forum may God bless you and sorry for making to many questions, one thing i want to know is from your older posts i find that by calling to # 800-898-7180 that it's possible to know if the case was reffered to IJ i tried to do so after i input the nine digits A# following the instruction the automated operator says ... Or the case was not forwarded to immigration court, does this mean that my case is still with the AO? i couldn't also see my status on the USCIS website, pls share from your experience.

If the EOIR phone system and Uscis site have no information for you, then this means the following:

1. AO has not finished writing the assessment of your case yet.
Or
2. AO is waiting for a supervisor signature.
Or
3. AO is busy with other cases.
Or
4. Your case is under review or investigation
Or
5. The decision is made but is not in the system yet.

All you can do at this point is to pray and trust the lord.

Got the I-94 and the approval letter today!! I can't believe it!! And its lent!! :)) God works in mysterious ways indeed!!!! Thankyou everyone for all the help and guidance.