• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

WAKAHU
@Double Trouble welcome to the forum and continue getting updates from the 2011 housemates from this forum.One gets to share his/her fears with people who understand what it takes to prepare for those five minutes appointment with the consular that will finaly shape your destiny.

Wanjeri,

Thanks for the welcome and best of luck with your preparation for the interview.
Usijali utatoboa.
We will all make it through the Mighty Will Of The Almighty GOD.

Guys my medical days are approaching i need information on the vaccines i can do berfore going to IOM to save some cash.the receptionist from IOM informed to go with ksh26,000 as the cost of medicals.

I would like also to know the currency to pay in the embassy,is it KSH or dollars?.

CN:2011AF00087***
1stNL Received: May 2010
Forms sent by FedEx: August 2010
Kcc confirms receipt: Confirmed
2nd NL: Sent July 20 2011
2nd NL: Not yet received
Police cert: 2nd week of August 2011
Medicals: 1st Sept 2011
Interview Confirmed: 8th Sept;):)

Wish you all the best nelimah2.
what I can advise you on, is that at this point do not do any vaccine on your own, then go say I did these and that
You might waste the money, then be made to repeat the same again.
The vaccine you need also depends on the previous vaccination records you have, i.e check at your upper arm if you have a mark etc.
Secondly do not fear about the price, for those having a date with IOM -Nairobi, the approx. cost is that kshs 26,000 you were told.
For those in mombasa, the cost is approx 18,000. All the three of us who have done our medicals in mombasa, we paid 18,000.
Payments at the Embassy is kshs.65,520 unless I have forgotten. I paid mine using Barclay Visa card, but I saw people paying in Kshs.
What I can advice you is - do not panic. theres' still time for preparation.
Do the medicals at least two weeks to the interview,make sure you apply for police certificate at least a month to the interview and put all your papers inorder.
Then pray and claim your Visa in the name of God.
-Mamaizoo, hope preparatios are going on well
I decided to visit AAA Kenya and see if I can get an international driving Licence.
In mombasa it cost Kshs.6,000 if you know how to drive. so I will do the exams next week thursday God willing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Work Experience DV Interview

I would like to know someone's expreence at the interview who qualified based on work experience. Please post your experience if you have. I would like to have an idea of what kind of questions they ask.

Khati qualifying through work experience is very tricky.Infact most of the people going thro' the dv process use high school diploma to qualify.
People who qualify thro' work exp. have to be working in jobs whereby they will not need any further training so as to be able to work in U.S.For example doctors and other medics trained outside the U.S cant practise in the U.s until they are certified by the relevant bodies/association.Try checking the online list of qualifying occupations on travel state gov website.but l would advice you to use qualification by education rather than work experience.
You can give us specific/detailed info so that we give you detailf answers about your work experience.

Dear friends,

I have been following the forum on a daily basis and I really draw a lot of motivation and calmness from the information that all of you are providing. So thanks to all of you.

Hi, I dont know abt you but am very careful with names coz they carry a lot of weight. don't know why you called yourself double trouble. I just pray that you dont get double trouble in the dv process. All the best though. Hope my signature givs u adequate info.

@mamaizoo. Thanks for the information. Am a Malindi Guy so please send me the Mombasa. Medical clinic contacts so I may book now. Thanks

Dear All,
My wife and I had a very successful interview and picked up our visa,Be Glory to the almighty God.I have posted my interview experience in the Ethiopian 2011 Thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
don't know why you called yourself double trouble ... Hope my signature givs u adequate info.

Thanks Mamaizoo, I am NOT a trouble maker but I have been facing a lot of trouble hence my "double Trouble" name. Thanks a lot for your well wishes and I pray that you have a wonderful time in the USA.

Dear All,
My wife and I had a very successful interview and picked up our visa,Be Glory to the almighty God.

Dear fikalab,

Congratulations to you and your wife for your successful pursuit and attainment of your Visas. To GOD be the Glory.

I just have a quick question though, your case number seems to be low (30,000) & I'm wondering why they called your interview in late July? Did you reschedule your interview date or did they give you a later interview date because you submitted your Forms late to KCC.

If you are aware why, please let me know. Otherwise no worries Bro.

Also do you mind describing how the interview proccess went, particularly when you and your wife met the CO?

Thanks in advance and once again Big Congrats for your success.

GOD BLESS.

Dear fikalab,

Congratulations to you and your wife for your successful pursuit and attainment of your Visas. To GOD be the Glory.

I just have a quick question though, your case number seems to be low (30,000) & I'm wondering why they called your interview in late July? Did you reschedule your interview date or did they give you a later interview date because you submitted your Forms late to KCC.

If you are aware why, please let me know. Otherwise no worries Bro.

Also do you mind describing how the interview proccess went, particularly when you and your wife met the CO?

Thanks in advance and once again Big Congrats for your success.

GOD BLESS.

Hi DoubleTrouble,
My case number seems small but i am from Ethiopia and hence it is a big number for Ethiopian DV winner,if u have seen the past few years of visa bulletin,Ethiopia has never been current in September.as for my experience u can get it in the Ethiopian 2011 thread i have posted it there.May God be with u.

@mamaizoo. Thanks for the information. Am a Malindi Guy so please send me the Mombasa. Medical clinic contacts so I may book now. Thanks

Hi Wakahu, here are the contacts.

MOMBASA
Dr. Uma Nathwani
City House, Moi Ave.
Mombasa Medical Practice
P. O. Box 80681
Mombasa, Kenya
Tel 041-2222857/8

Thanks Mamaizoo, I am NOT a trouble maker but I have been facing a lot of trouble hence my "double Trouble" name. Thanks a lot for your well wishes and I pray that you have a wonderful time in the USA.

I pray that the troubles come to an end in Jesus' name. May you experience nothing but God's victory in all that you do and in all your life, you are blessed my friend.

Mamaizoo,olyn et al

I see you're amply guiding the forum.God bless.
Well after a long agonising 4 month AP the embassy finally called me in for my case result.I went in today. We were like 50 on Ap for varying reasons and durations.By Gods grace the CO says things checked out and gave the green slip to pick the visa on monday.
Most of the guy- almost all got the visa pick up slip. Pray for me as a I await visa pick up by Gods grace.

Hi DoubleTrouble,
My case number seems small but i am from Ethiopia and hence it is a big number for Ethiopian DV winner,if u have seen the past few years of visa bulletin,Ethiopia has never been current in September.as for my experience u can get it in the Ethiopian 2011 thread i have posted it there.May God be with u.

fikalab,

Thanks for your reply. I read the description of your interview from the Ethiopia2011 thread. God is Great. I wish that each of us will also have a smooth path through out the DV Process and that The Almighty GOD will give us all, the patience and wisdom that we need to go through this DV process successfully.

Thanks and All the best to you and your wife.

GOD BLESS.

@Mamaizoo, thanks alot for the information. Will book kesho.
@my2011 all's well that ends well. Mola upon, visa ni yenu.
@other forumites, May God Grant Us Success.

Hi Wakahu, here are the contacts.

MOMBASA
Dr. Uma Nathwani
City House, Moi Ave.
Mombasa Medical Practice
P. O. Box 80681
Mombasa, Kenya
Tel 041-2222857/8

Hi all forumites,

We received by mail this morning the 2nd NL with the interview appointment: thursday,September the 1st at 08:00 AM Montreal.
Step3 and 4 of www.dv.selectee.state.gov listed the required documents for the principal applicant but nothing is mentioned for the beneficiary(the spouse for exemple).

what documents the beneficiary has to bring for the interview?

@Mamaizoo, thanks alot for the information. Will book kesho.
@my2011 all's well that ends well. Mola upon, visa ni yenu.
@other forumites, May God Grant Us Success.

Hi all forumites,

We received by mail this morning the 2nd NL with the interview appointment: thursday,September the 1st at 08:00 AM Montreal.
Step3 and 4 of www.dv.selectee.state.gov listed the required documents for the principal applicant but nothing is mentioned for the beneficiary(the spouse for exemple).

fikalab,

Thanks for your reply. I read the description of your interview from the Ethiopia2011 thread. God is Great. I wish that each of us will also have a smooth path through out the DV Process and that The Almighty GOD will give us all, the patience and wisdom that we need to go through this DV process successfully.

Thanks and All the best to you and your wife.

GOD BLESS.

Hi all forumites,