• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hey guys, you are not gonna believe, so few minutes after I called USCIS to ask about the case status, the mailman came and called to pick up a package I had and I also took the mail, and guess what, there they were our interview letters for January 5th for 10AM and 10.30 AM. I am so happy, we finally got them, at least now I know what we are awaiting for. Thanks God, cause I was getting so worried.

Congrats natta !!! As Khayat said, these things happen when you expect it the least :)

Guys thank you for your kind wishes

Tomorrow hopefully we all 4 will get CPOs. I believe and sure about it, very excited and worried at the same time

Natta, congrats on letter. You know what USCIS wanted to test your patience as you are special :):):)

Oh thank you, I wish you good luck tommorow and don't worry too much, it will all be fine, you just have to believe in it.

Guys thank you for your kind wishes

Tomorrow hopefully we all 4 will get CPOs. I believe and sure about it, very excited and worried at the same time

Natta, congrats on letter. You know what USCIS wanted to test your patience as you are special :):):)

Finally. I am happy for you.
The new year starts with a lot of interviews.
Hey guys, you are not gonna believe, so few minutes after I called USCIS to ask about the case status, the mailman came and called to pick up a package I had and I also took the mail, and guess what, there they were our interview letters for January 5th for 10AM and 10.30 AM. I am so happy, we finally got them, at least now I know what we are awaiting for. Thanks God, cause I was getting so worried.

Congratulations natta, the day has finally arrived. I am very happy for you.

Natta, I'm so happy for you. I can imagine how frustrating it was! St. Nickolas (Santa) gave you a very good present for Christmas. Now you can relax and get prepared for the interview. Believe me, after the 5th of January you'll feel even more relieved and happier!!!!!

Great news Natta, very happy for you :)
Thank you all, for the wishes. Am damn nervous! Am I taking all documents properly?? I hope so!

Good luck to the guys that have interview tommorow, we are waiting for your experiences.

Thanks you guys very much, yes I feel so relieved and can spend the holidays in peace, as january 5th will come fast ( by the way exactly 3 weeks from today).
P.S. I wish Luganskman to get his letter before the holidays as well.

Hi All,
Finally, the interview is over!! The experience was not as smooth as most of you mentioned. Our interview was scheduled for 7.30AM. Woke up at 5AM and reached there by 7AM. I was waiting for my name to be called any moment, but to my surprise we were called at 9.15 AM. I was tired and hungry to death by then:(
Anyway, followed a nice lady to her room. She was nice but not like very much smiling all the time. Little rigid but nice kind of person :-|

1. First, she made us swear.
2. Then, it seems she opened my file for the first time. She looked through my documents (the documents we sent with AOS package) and asked for my passport, I-20, H1s, I-94. She seem very confused with all the docs. Then she asked me details of when I came, what am I doing now, what status I am in etc.
3. Then she asked for marriage certificate, and also if I have any other document, that is joint with my husband. So I gave her our join tax return docs.
4. After that, for a long time she organized the file, looking into each doc!!!!! I thought they analyze the file beforehand so the interview is quick. But she kinda went through everything/analyzed everything just before us.
5. In the middle of her file organization, she asked for my high school diploma!!!!!(I am done with Masters, but she wasn't interested in my MS/BS certificate even when I wanted to give those, I was confused if she knows that someone cannot have BS/MS without high school diploma :p But I guess as one of the requirement for DV is high school diploma she just cared about that :D, well, she took all diploma certificates copy at the end though)
6. Finally, she asked what I'm doing now, and after telling she asked for employment letter and I gave her.
7. Then, she started asking all the basic questions, name address etc. and finally all the yes/no questions.

8. I was done, and the she started interviewing my husband. Talked about his details. Asked for his employment letter. Talked about his J2 2 year rule. She seem confused again, after explaining details and telling her that w/o completing the 2 year rule one can not have H1 which he has now!!! Fortunately she understood after the detail explanation.
9. And finally another funny part, she asked if I fill up the I-34, some affidavit of support form him or not. My understanding was that, he's giving employment letter and pay stubs to prove he can support himself, so I never fill that form. But, yet, she wanted to me to fill up the affidavit of support for him.
10. While I was filling up the form, she asked him all basic and yes/no questions.

After all these, she finally said, she would recommend this application and we should get GC by 3 weeks!! It was relieving, after all these hassle, finally its over!

Looking forward to get the card :) Thank you very much all, for your help! Wish all of you best of luck!

Hi All,
Finally, the interview is over!!

Congratulations lipna. Your experience may not have been as smooth as others had, but it was a successful interview in the end, and that is the most important part.

As a side note, I do not think that I've heard of other interviews starting so late after the appointment time.
With such an early appointment, I think your interview must have been the first one scheduled. I wonder if you met the other three members while you were waiting for them to call you. I hope they come with positive results as well.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I didn't sleep all night to wait for interview and was afraid if I sleep, I'll wake up late. I was at FO at 7:15 and my interview was supposed to be 7:30. However, I waited till 8am.

African American Lady called my name first and I was in her office (it was very hard and painful interview).

First I swore to tell the truth;
Then she asked for my passport;
Opened my files;
Asked for I-20 original and copy but I told her I forgot the original at home. However, I have a Associate's degree college transcript to back up my status.
Then she asked for HS Diploma; it was strange since I was in process of getting my Associate's degree. I gave her original and copy, she evaluated it and gave me back the original one. Same thing with birth certificate.
Then she asked when I started college; I told her Spring 2009
Yes/No questions were followed;

THEN A BIG BUMP ahead of me. While getting my I-693 she told me that page 2 was incomplete. I'm like: "The doctor said page 2 is N/A to me" She's like: "Ok. but she had to check the box and indeed my f****k**g civil surgeon didn't do it.

OMG! She made me to go back to the civil surgeon back in Brooklyn, I had fight with them, and they did me new I-693 in a sealed envelope with the damn checked box on page 2.

By the time I came back it was 12:30pm, this interview madness lasted for me 5 hours and thank's god finally the nightmare was over.

Let's continue with the story. I brought her back new I-693 with a sealed envelope. When she opened it, told me now 2 boxes on page 5 is not checked. I'm like: OMG! How come? I'm like: They're stupids (I wanted to look professional but I couldn't handle it anymore). I went 3 times there and always there's a mistake. She's like: Ok, it's fine, I will use the old I-693 to back up the new one.

The best moment was: "I ordered your card production". It should arrive in mail by January.

I said thank you so much. I really appreciate it. Good bye.

@ dalerpulatov

congratulations. the important thing is that you got it. so forget about the rest.

Guys,
I am on OPT. Should I write down D/S or the expiration date of OPT on "Expires on" field on Form I-485 Page1 (Part 1) ? Please suggest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats, lipna and dalerpulatov. Seems like NY is tough on interview cases. Anyways the end result matters the most....enjoy.....great gift for you guys with the holidays coming.