GC dilemma!! sibling Sponsorship OR thru the job??

CanadaIndianGuy

Registered Users (C)
I am a Canada citizen(India born) working( h1b visa) in US for over 2 years. My employer is planning to start my GC process ( Eb2 category most likely) in couple of months or so. Is it a good idea if my US citizen Sister also start my GC sponsorship? Well, would it cause any conflicts if both of these processes get started at the same time? Well, I have also filed for a DV lottery through my Fijian wife this year.:confused:
Please advise if it is OK to try for GC through all these 3 different sources ! Thanks.

Yes, it's OK. EB2 for Other countries (you are eligible because of your wife) is Current, so I wouldn't waste my time with the FB4 via your sister.

Thanks for such a quick response. Well,I have some unpleasant experience thru employer's GC process. Thru My previous employer's GC process,it took 10 months to obtain PERM. And then, I had to join my client as a new employer. There is always a chance of your Employer GC process going wasted if you get laid off Or something.

How many years it may take to get approved thru Siblings sponsorship ( FB4 I guess!)? Can I simply discontinue with this process in case my Employer GC process goes smooth? At least, I would have sister's GC process as a backup! Thanks.

Well, I have some unpleasant experience thru employer's GC process. Thru My previous employer's GC process,it took 10 months to obtain PERM. And then, I had to join my client as a new employer. There is always a chance of your Employer GC process going wasted if you get laid off Or something.

That is true, but if you qualify for EB2 your risks are lower since the PD is current. It also makes sense to be careful in who you apply through - a direct end employer is usually preferable to a body shop.

How many years it may take to get approved thru Siblings sponsorship ( FB4 I guess!)? Can I simply discontinue with this process in case my Employer GC process goes smooth? At least, I would have sister's GC process as a backup! Thanks.

About a decade or so for a visa number to become available.

Thanks for such a quick response. Well,I have some unpleasant experience thru employer's GC process. Thru My previous employer's GC process,it took 10 months to obtain PERM. And then, I had to join my client as a new employer.
So when you joined the client, you had not yet filed I-485 with the old employer? If you had filed the I-485, you probably could have used AC21 to continue your GC process while working with the client. If you did not file the I-485, why not?

Anyway, even if you restart your GC process from scratch with the new employer, being in EB2 ROW you'll probably get your green card in under 2 years. Whereas if sponsored by your sister you can expect it to take at least 10 years, and during that 10-year wait you won't be eligible to stay in the US and file I-485 based on her sponsorship. So it's not much use as a backup.