• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

can my wife apply for DV lottery on her mom's behalf?

CanadaIndianGuy

Registered Users (C)
Me and my wife are living in USA on h1/h4 visa at the moment. My wife is born in Fiji. She has already applied for DV 2011 GC lottery.
Now she wants to help her mom ( living in fiji) to apply for the DV lottery too.

1 ) As her mom does not have any computer experience, can she apply on behalf of her mom? Well, it would be exactly like her mom filling up the online application on internet because there is no mention of my wife's name on her mom's application form ( other than her children category).
2) Can my wife put our US address in the mailing address for her mom's application? In other words, it should not mess up our own application procedure! ( two people's applications containing same mailing address)?
3) If it is not possible to use our US address as her mailing address, can a PO Box address in fiji be used as her mailing address?
4) Similarly can my wife also apply for her relatives and friends? In this case, she will NOT put our US address anywhere on the application form.

Thank you very much in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes she can apply for her and as many people she wants and at the same time get your own chances to win be lower...:D

You can apply for the whole Fiji nation if you have their info and pictures....:D:D:D

Thanks for ur quick response, bentlebee!
How about my following question ?

2) Can my wife put our US address in the mailing address column for her mom's application? In other words, it should not mess up our own application procedure! ( two people's applications containing the same mailing address)?

I understand if she applies for more people, our chances get reduced. But I personally believe,the chances are almost just like winning a state lottery ticket. That means, one needs to be really lucky to be a winner. And I guess, our chances are not getting reduced if we apply for 3-4 other people every year out of thousands who will apply from Fiji.

Thanks for ur quick response, bentlebee!
How about my following question ?

2) Can my wife put our US address in the mailing address column for her mom's application? In other words, it should not mess up our own application procedure! ( two people's applications containing the same mailing address)?

I understand if she applies for more people, our chances get reduced. But I personally believe,the chances are almost just like winning a state lottery ticket. That means, one needs to be really lucky to be a winner. And I guess, our chances are not getting reduced if we apply for 3-4 other people every year out of thousands who will apply from Fiji.

Yes, your wife can use her US address for her mother's application. Likewise, she can use the P O Box Fiji address. It's up to your wife to make a choice. Some country's postal system are not reliable, so if she thinks that is the case for Fiji, then she better use her US address for her mother.

I agree the address doesn't matter. You can use whatever address you want. It your chances your are playing with...so it is up to you how you would feel if your friends win and years later you are still trying to win...but maybe you generosity will be awarded with winning right away...nobody knows...

Yes, your wife can use her US address for her mother's application. Likewise, she can use the P O Box Fiji address.

An immigration lawyer had warned me against using my own US mailing address for other friends and relatives. But at the same time, he was not sure about it.

After hearing both of your comments, I will use my mailing address for my mother in law. But, I will advice my wife NOT to put our mailing address for any of her other friends/relatives whenever she fills up the online forms for them.
Thank you again to ammeck and beetlbee!!