September 2009 n-400 fillers

Status Update

Here is the update. My wife got her oath letter today. She is scheduled to take oath on 18th Dec at 12:00 Noon. I have my interview on Wednesday 12/09 and with massive snow forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday morning, it will be a challenage to reach USCIS KC DO on Wednesday before 8:30 AM. I will keep you updated.

Current Status Update

Newark D/O
09/16/09 N-400 Sent
09/17/09 N-400 Received and Signed
09/18/09 Notice of Action
09/23/09 Check cashed
09/24/09 Email/online status changed to "Request for Evidence" - Finger Print Letter
09/24/09 Notice of Action letter received at home
09/28/09 FP Notice letter received at home
10/15/09 FP Date Scheduled
11/19/09 Yellow Letter received for state issued id
12/03/09 Email/online status changed to "Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview"
12/07/09 Interview Letter Received
01/07/10 Interview Date

Interview done successfully today in San Antonio_Officer called me & spouse 15 minutes earlier. Interview took 15 minutes for each of us. very good officer and a very pleasant experience.

Asked 10 civic Questions, answered all.

Waiting for OATH now.

Again, congrats Kulfi and thanks for starting the thread.
By any chance are you from Delhi, Rajasthan, UP

I have a sudden craving for Falooda Kulfi.

Thanks SEA & Sunks

I am from "Gods own Country" Kerala
I am planning a Kulfi Party to all board members after I take OATH

Online status not updated !!!!

Online my case status still shows RFE(For FP), we have received IL (IL only no YL). Do I need to contact 1-800 customer service or local office thru info pass?

This is same with my wife too.

Please advise.

Status Update + Q

I have my interview on 12/21 at 2 PM in Newark. Is it possible to do the oath the same day?

Interview was a breeze, Oath Dec 21st

Was there at 08:45 am and interview was to start at 09:25 am. The interviewers were running behind... was called in at 10:44 am. Interviewer was very pleasant and started off with checking my DL, GC, & Passport. Interview started with 6 questions:
1) Rights from First Amendments?
2) Rights of everyone living in US?
3) In charge of executive branch?
4) 2 Cabinet level positions?
5) US Senator?
6) Who can vote?
Read a sentence / questions and wrote down the answer. (Capital of US)

Thereafter, went through the N-400 Application. Congratulated me and a bit of chit chat about my present company, TARP funds and potential bonus people would get (I do wish for the bonus though… no bonus this year!). End of interview… Congrats and Thanks all around. My interview for a light discussion and the Interviewer was very polite and professional.

Wishing everyone the same for their interview, hoping it’s a breeze. Thanks for all the advice on the forum, this really helped. :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for update my timeline:
My Interview scheduled time on1.20pm yesteday. I went there 12:30, Called almost at same time of the schedule, Completed in 10 minutes. Officer is very nice, He led me to his office and asked me to raise my right hand to swear to tell the truth. He checked my DL, green card, and passport then started to ask questions about N-400 of my info and some about those Yes/No questions, He then asked me to sign on the photos and the last page of my application. Also asked me to print my name on the form.
Then do the civics test.

1. What is freedom of religion?
2. When must all men register for the selective service?
3. What ocean is on the east coast of the United States?
4. …..
5. …..
6. ……
I forgot anther three. He asked the fast and I answer fast too.

Reading: What do we have to pay to the government?
Writing: We pay taxes

I had no written good at the “t”, I told him that I am nervous, but he very nice and said that: don’t need nervous, you do the good job.
Then he is saying that I passed the test and congratulated me for the success.

I was applying based on 3 year rule. My husband is USC at birth. I think that this kind of rule may need a lot to prove, I took all the information that I can bring. But he needs nothing.
I'm glad that the officer is nice and professional. Now I put the 100 questions book and CD into the "history Museum” of mine. I will remember these days of intense learning.
Hope to see the oath letter soon. Thanks all for the information that you guys provided. Thanks for this forum have given me a great help.
Wish everyone the best of luck.

Reading: What do we have to pay to the government?
Writing: We pay taxes

I had no written good at the “t”, I told him that I am nervous, but he very nice and said that: don’t need nervous, you do the good job.

So you wrote: We pay faxes?

I really wish we could just fax our money to the government instead of sending a real check. :p

Congrats!

My time line

DO: Portland, Oregon

09/20/2009 (Day 0) - Mailed N-400 to AZ
10/03/2009 (Day 13) - Received N-400 Notice
10/09/2009 (Day 19) - Received Fingerprint Notice (Fingerprint day 10/23/2009)
10/23/2009 (Day 33) - Fingerprint taken
11/10/2009 (Day 51) - Received e-mail "This case has been sent for a standard interview"
11/23/2009 (Day 64) - Received Interview Letter
12/15/2009 (Day 86) - Interview and Oath day, also applied for passport book and card

Updating my timeline: received my oath letter, now its count down to the oath ceremony day, A little below 2 million seconds to becoming a USC!! :D :D :D To the rest of you still waiting on USCIS at whatever level you are with your application, I wish you the very best and as much speedy processing you require.

Cheers!!!

Congrats John for your oath today.
I guess you might be becoming USC at this very moment.

Don't forget to invite us for the chairs/cheers :) party

Congrats John for your oath today.
I guess you might be becoming USC at this very moment.

Don't forget to invite us for the chairs/cheers :) party

Thanks so much my friend. Its good to know there is someone here who cares. Its a pity you are in Seattle cos I would really would have loved to do lunch to celebrate our citizenship! Well, you are invited to my party :cool:

Chairs, oops I did it again, cheers!!!

Thanks so much my friend. Its good to know there is someone here who cares. Its a pity you are in Seattle cos I would really would have loved to do lunch to celebrate our citizenship! Well, you are invited to my party :cool:

Chairs, oops I did it again, cheers!!!

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!:D
Congratulations!

Done

DO: San Jose

My Status:
09/03/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
09/04/09 : N-400 recieved
09/11/09 : Check Cashed
09/14/09: NOA Received (RD=09/04/09, PD=09/04/09, ND=09/10/09)
09/24/09: RFE (probably for FP) email received @ 2:00AM. Email says ND=09/22/09
09/28/09 : FP Notice Received
??/??/?? : Walkin FP NOT done
10/13/09 : FP Date
10/20/09 : Email received - This case has been sent for a standard interview
??/??/?? : Yellow letter NOT received
10/24/09 : Interview Letter Received
11/20/09 : Interview Date (passed)
??/??/?? : oath letter mailed
??/??/?? : Oath Letter recieved
12/18/09 : Oath Date

My Spouse's Status:
09/03/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
09/04/09 : N-400 recieved
09/11/09 : Check Cashed
09/14/09: NOA Received (RD=09/04/09, PD=09/04/09, ND=09/10/09)
09/24/09: RFE (probably for FP) email received @ 2:00AM. Email says ND=09/22/09
09/28/09 : FP Notice Received
??/??/?? : Walkin FP NOT done
10/13/09 : FP Date
10/20/09 : Email received - This case has been sent for a standard interview
10/23/09 : Yellow letter received for DL
10/24/09 : Interview Letter Received
11/20/09 : Interview Date (passed)
??/??/?? : oath letter mailed
??/??/?? : Oath Letter recieved
12/18/09 : Oath Date

Got the OATH letter on 12/31/2009
OATH Date - 01/28/2010 (San Antonio)

BTW, Why is this thread very quiet for last 2 weeks, where is everyone?

Last edited by a moderator: