September 2009 n-400 fillers

Hi Everyone,

Did anyone receive an email update around 10-28 " Sent to "interview and Testing" and did not receive the IL as of today? Please share your experience.

Thanks,

Thanks guys - we decided to do the interview - and request IO for a later date for Oath. Johntlc - my interview is in FAIRFAX.
Thanks again.

Hello Linuxrox,

From my findings, you may be able to do your Oath same day as your interview date if you complete your interview early enough or even get oath done next business day after your interview. See this thread for better calrification.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=294874

Pay attention to post from rajarajan3 Thread 16 of 24th April 2009, @ 06:15 PM. I beleive that should answer some of your questions.

There are no guarantee but if I were you, I did ask for same day or next day first and if the IO now tells you he cannot grant you (I dont see any reason why he would say no provided you dont have any issues with your application) then you can request an extended oath ceremony.

As for passport, you can get same day or next day passport if you visit your local passport office.

Take care.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharing my details

Anyone else have Newark as their DO? Is it slower than the other offices?

Hello Linuxrox,

From my findings, .....you can get same day or next day passport if you visit your local passport office.

Take care.

John
Thanks John.
An additional question - on N400, partner retained her 'maiden' name as last name - as we were scheduled to travel on DEc 10th and we didnt want to mess with the travel plans. Given that USC interview is on Dec 2, can she ask the last name to be changed to my last name at the time of interview? Will there be a chance to do that, or given that the forms are all in, its a closed case ?
And if the IO agrees to it, I am assuming the Oath ceremony for both of us - wont happen on the same day as interview I believe, is that correct assumption?

Guys,

It's been more than 2 weeks since I did my FP. Called FBI and the results were sent back to USCIS the same day.

Why I am not receiving the message 'case being transfered to local office'? Worried some what.

Below is my time line.

09/28/2009: Priority date
09/28/2009: Check cashed
10/06/2009:Status Changed to RFE (FP Notice)
10/07/2009: FP notice date
10/14/2009: FP notice received
10/16/2009: FP Done (walk in)
**/**/***: Interview Notice date
**/**/***: Interview Notice received
**/**/***: Yellow Notice received
**/**/***: Interview date
**/**/***: Oath completed

Any Sept 09 filers from SC?

Please let me know if any Sept 09 filers from South Carolina(SC). Want to check any one got the IL.

Thanks John.
An additional question - on N400, partner retained her 'maiden' name as last name - as we were scheduled to travel on DEc 10th and we didnt want to mess with the travel plans. Given that USC interview is on Dec 2, can she ask the last name to be changed to my last name at the time of interview? Will there be a chance to do that, or given that the forms are all in, its a closed case ?
And if the IO agrees to it, I am assuming the Oath ceremony for both of us - wont happen on the same day as interview I believe, is that correct assumption?

I beleive she can change her name on the day of you guys' interview provided she gets a nice IO who will not give her hassles. All she needs to do is tell the IO that she has elected to switch to her marriage name from hence forth. There is no other requirement other than marriage to change her name so it really should not be a problem. She will need to update her N-400 application so if I were her, I did fill a new N-400 application with her new last name (the way she wants it on her certificate of naturalization) and take it with me to interview (that could mean a lot of peace of mind for IO and your wife). You both should still be able to get oath done same day without a problem provided spots are available for you both and you finish your interview on time. Remember to remain optimistic - there is a lot of good that happen as a result of optimism. Thats the way is here in America. Just pray you dont meet with a disgrunted IO who will complicate matters for you.

Best wishes!!!

My timeline:

Mount Laurel NJ
09/09/ 2009: N400 Mailed to TX
09/14/ 2009: Check cashed
09/16/ 2009: NOA recieved
10/14/ 2009: FP Done (Scheduled Date)
10/24/ 2009: received Interview letter
11/24/ 2009: Interview date

--------------------------------------------------

My timeline:

Mount Laurel NJ
09/09/ 2009: N400 Mailed to TX
14/09/ 2009: Check cashed
16/09/ 2009: NOA recieved
14/10/ 2009: FP Done (Scheduled Date)
24/10/ 2009: received Interview letter
24/11/ 2009: Interview date

--------------------------------------------------
Dude,
Do you guys have months going upto 24 in Mount Laurel calendar;)?

Better get your date formatting straight (i.e, mm/dd/yyyy) or you might end up putting an incorrect date (if you haven't done that already in when submitting your N-400:)) when you sign forms during the Interview:eek:

Cheers,
Speedy

Dude,
Do you guys have months going upto 24 in Mount Laurel calendar;)?

Better get your date formatting straight (i.e, mm/dd/yyyy) or you might end up putting an incorrect date (if you haven't done that already in when submitting your N-400:)) when you sign forms during the Interview:eek:

Cheers,
Speedy

Oop! I made mistakes. Fixed. Thanks

IL/N-659 received....

I received my IL and N-659 (Interview document checklist) today. My interview date is 12/14/09...just 4 days shy of my GL anniversary date. I did not get the 'infamous' Yellow Letter. Is the N-659 supposed to be the YL?

Did not get the IL/N-659 or the YL for my wife. So, I guess we both would be having our interviews and oath on different dates?

Cheers,
Speedy

No one filed from south carolina in Sept?

Please respond if some one filed in Sept from South Carolina. Trying to see if any got IL letters !