New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

i hope! i'm so fed up of waiting!! well i'll be the first one on this forum going to this new office so lets see how it goes. hope the officers are nice!

By looking into your timeline, I think I might have to wait until May to have my interview. It takes longer than I thought. Trying to be patient...

OMG NYC is really super super slow nowdays! Its for sure longer then 5 months now

Hopefully it will go faster now that there's a new DO in Queens. I've already seen a guy get his interview letter 1 month from the yellow letter (on trackitt). I'm gonna hope for an interview letter in a month :)

My Signature

Shefe:
Can u please give your timeline. I mailed my N-400 on October 22 and on Nov 28, status changed to "placed in line for interview". No update after that. My interview may also be in Holtsville since my address is also Long Island. On seeing the various postings, I find they generally take 4 months. Would like to know your timeline.

Thanks
NRI 107

LPR :06/22/2006 (Approved 06/22/2007)
D/O : Queens, NY
04/13/11 : N-400 Express mailed to Texas
04/14/11 : Rec. Date
04/15/11 : Check Cashed
04/18/11 : Email & Text Received with Receipt Number
04/21/11 : NOA Received
05/03/11 : FP Notice Received
05/19/11 : FP Done
07/13/11 : Interview Letter
08/15/11 : Interview Date
08/31/11 : Oath Ceremony scheduling Queue
09/11/11 : Oath Letter
09/21/11 : Oath Date-Ceremony Done
09/21/11 : Applied for Passport
10/02/11 : Passport in Hand

nri107,
My timeline is very similar to yours. I also got update "in line for for interview" on 11/28.
I think we might have to wait until May to have the interview according to other people's timeline I have checked.

Shefe:
Can u please give your timeline. I mailed my N-400 on October 22 and on Nov 28, status changed to "placed in line for interview". No update after that. My interview may also be in Holtsville since my address is also Long Island. On seeing the various postings, I find they generally take 4 months. Would like to know your timeline.

Thanks
NRI 107

nri107,
My timeline is very similar to yours. I also got update "in line for for interview" on 11/28.
I think we might have to wait until May to have the interview according to other people's timeline I have checked.

On trackitt.com there's some Dec/04/2011 filers from NYC that got Interview appointments already, dunno why is taking so long for you.

On trackitt.com there's some Dec/04/2011 filers from NYC that got Interview appointments already, dunno why is taking so long for you.

Yes, I checked it. It seems to me that someone from UK who filed the application on the date close to mine has got oath date already. I don't know why this NYC office is delaying some of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I checked it. It seems to me that someone from UK who filed the application on the date close to mine has got oath date already. I don't know why this NYC office is delaying some of us.

I hear you. I'm giving myself 3- 4 months to wait to the interview. NYC is uber slow!! Patience right?
hope you get your appointment soon.

Is this interview going to be in Queens office?

I have yet to receive the actual interview date and location. All I received was email/text alert indicating change in status. Online status does not specify date or location. I live on Long Island, so I am most likely going to Holtsville in Suffolk county. Though the new Queens office is a few doors down the road from where I work :)

quick questions:

I've got my email notification on 2/28/2012 for interview schedule. Hopefully will find out the dates in the mail soon. Quick question: do we go to the interview alone or do we need to bring our spouses? My application is based on marriage. Second question: Do we apply for the passport the very same day? How long does it take to receive? I have an international trip planned in early May, hope it will not interfere. Thank you all.

first it's not clear if NYC is doing same day oath. if not, then after your interview, if you are approved, you will be given further instructions about your oath. either you will be asked to go home and wait to be scheduled for oath, then mailed a letter, or given a letter on your interview day indicating when and where your oath will take place. again, not sure how NYC is running things. seems like scheduling has improved since the opening of the new office so that's great!

Rec'd my interview letter today...scheduled for Apr3 @ USCIS - Holtsville. Finally, the wait is almost over!

I got mine today, too! Mine is on April 4th at 26 Federal Plaza.

My question remains; do I bring my spouse to this interview because my application is based on marriage?

I got mine today, too! Mine is on April 4th at 26 Federal Plaza.

My question remains; do I bring my spouse to this interview because my application is based on marriage?

All you have to bring is enough documentation to prove that you've been married for the required period of time and that your marriage is still intact. There's no need to bring your spouse.

New York - Timeline

nri107,

I got my interview letter few days ago - my interview is scheduled for March 21, 2012 at LI Office Holtsville. I understand they give the oath letters on the same day.

Shall greatly appreciate if those having had interview at Holtsvill can share their experience and also whether they give out the Oath letter on the same day and whether Oath is done same day, next day or after couple of weeks.

Thanks

NRI 107

New York - Timeline

Rec'd my interview letter today...scheduled for Apr3 @ USCIS - Holtsville. Finally, the wait is almost over!

My interview has been scheduled for 03/21/2012 at Holtsville, LI. Let us hope for the best. Wish you good luck.

NRI 107