How to Apply for a Green Card- Do it Yourself

I-864, Affidavit of Support

Hello everybody,
While filling I-864, Affidavit of Support, can foreign alien sponsor himself/herself if he or she is the only one making money in the household?:confused:
Thank you for your answers in advance.

I-485 package rejected

Hello,
I recently became a US citizen and I applied for my wife who is in the US on a student (F1) visa. The package that I submitted to Chicago service center included G325 for my wife and another for myself, I-485, I765, I-130, I-131, and the medical records.

I would like to know whether I can re-sumbit the same documents such as taxes, copies of her I-94, Marriage certificate, and the applications after correcting the error or do I have to make new copies of everything.

please help- questions on I-130, I-864EZ

Hi, I am trying to file for a GC through my husband, who is a US born citizen.
I came in the US as a J-1 student in 1998 (2 year rule did not apply), changed to F-1 and then to H-1B(my current status).
My husband and I got married in December 2008. I consulted with a lawyer, and he said my case is straight forward but he wanted himself just as much money as it would cost to file the paperwork, so instead of paying double we are trying to file ourselves.
A have a couple of questions.

I-130. Question 14. If your relative is currently in the U.S., complete the following:He or she arrived as a:
(visitor, student, stowaway, without inspection, etc.)
Arrival/Departure Record (I-94) Date arrived
Date authorized stay expired, or will expire, as shown on Form I-94 or I-95

Do I put here my original J-1 information or my current H1-B I-94 information and expiration date and the last date I reentered the US in 2007 ?

I-864EZ. I guess we can fill this out because my husband qualifies. My question is on the income for the last 3 years. His income for 2007 is way above the poverty level, but his 2006 and 2005 is not because he was still a student then. Is this an issue?

We have a good income now, even for 2008, even though we have not filed our taxes yet an a good savings account.

Should we include his tax returns for 2005 and 2006 or just the 2007 are sufficient.

Thank you so much in advance. K

Greencard Thru Marraige

I am preparing my AOS Application. Mostly on all applications, USCIS asking for immigrant A# (Alien Registration Number). In 2001, i came to US on student visa ( F1). I did got couple of EAD's on F1. Now from past two years i am on H1B. I dont know where to look for A#.
Help Please !!

00/00/9- Application sent (I-130, I-485/I-864EZ/I-693, I-765 and I-131)
00/00/9 - Application recd. (FedEx Ground)
00/00/9 - Checks cashed
00/00/9 - Got NOA's for all forms filed
00/00/9 - Got Biometrics Notification
00/00/9 - Cases showed up online
00/00/9 - Biometrics Appointment
00/00/9 - Got advance parole docs
00/00/9 - Got EAD
00/00/9 - Got IL
00/00/9 - Interview- approved!

A#

Punjabi1, I think your A# is printed right on our EAD card. If you are not sure, I think do no write one it, I think it is still fine. But I am not a lawyer. Hope it helps.

lost Previous EAD Cards

klako:: As i told you early i got EAD cards when i was student. Now i am not able to find them. Looks like i lost them somewhere. but i do able to find front copy of the last EAD card. but only front but Not the Back of the last EAD.
what should i do? should i just submit front copy of the EAD??

Punjabi1

Hi, I am trying to file for a GC through my husband, who is a US born citizen.
I came in the US as a J-1 student in 1998 (2 year rule did not apply), changed to F-1 and then to H-1B(my current status).
My husband and I got married in December 2008. I consulted with a lawyer, and he said my case is straight forward but he wanted himself just as much money as it would cost to file the paperwork, so instead of paying double we are trying to file ourselves.
A have a couple of questions.

I-130. Question 14. If your relative is currently in the U.S., complete the following:He or she arrived as a:
(visitor, student, stowaway, without inspection, etc.)
Arrival/Departure Record (I-94) Date arrived
Date authorized stay expired, or will expire, as shown on Form I-94 or I-95

Do I put here my original J-1 information or my current H1-B I-94 information and expiration date and the last date I reentered the US in 2007 ?

I-864EZ. I guess we can fill this out because my husband qualifies. My question is on the income for the last 3 years. His income for 2007 is way above the poverty level, but his 2006 and 2005 is not because he was still a student then. Is this an issue?

We have a good income now, even for 2008, even though we have not filed our taxes yet an a good savings account.

Should we include his tax returns for 2005 and 2006 or just the 2007 are sufficient.

Thank you so much in advance. K

Third Pary Marraige Affidavit

Could somebody please upload sample Marraige affadavit. I need it for I-130 application

thanks
Punjabi1

I-864ez

I am filing I-864EZ since my wife is my sole sponsor. but for the last two years we are jointly filing our taxes. so Tax returns showing our combined income.
Question1:: so should i also attach my W2 with my wife W2's.??
Question2:: In I-864EZ, they are asking sponsor adjusted income from last 3 years. here, should i just put my wife individual income or should i put our joint income as reported on Tax Return's??

Punjabi1

Someone posted an affidavit. Check this link out

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=272338

Wife's Income

They are looking for returns and not for W2.

I just called IRS and using the automatic telephone system ordered the TRANSCRIPTS for last 3 years. For sponsoring my parents I just used my income and not my wife's although the TRANSRIPTS showed the joint amount.

I faced no issues.

PunjabDaPutar: can you tell me onething. Tax Return document you got back from your tax guy need to be signed by Preparer. on 2nd page of 1040, i see signature section both for applicants and Preaprer which is empty. the only thing there is on bottom part - that is Prepaer company name and her address??

They are looking for returns and not for W2.

I just called IRS and using the automatic telephone system ordered the TRANSCRIPTS for last 3 years. For sponsoring my parents I just used my income and not my wife's although the TRANSRIPTS showed the joint amount.

I faced no issues.

Punjabi

If you sublit your tax returns for last 3 years, they need to be copy of the actual return which you filed. So, you will need your signatures and your wife's on that. Lot of people do not use tax preparer.

If you did not pay anyone to prepare your return, leave 'PAID PREPARER'S USE ONLY' fields blank.

I-864EZ question - help me please

:: I have little problem filling up Part 5- Question19 of I-864 EZ form.
Q19:: Sponsor (adjusted gross income on IRS Form 1040EZ) as reported on my Federal tax returns for the most recent three years was:

Tax Year Total Income
2008 $$
2007 $$
2006 $$

since my wife( sponsor) and i filed joint taxes, therefore IRS form 1040EZ shows our combined income. Now here in Q19 , do i need to fill up our joint income as shows on IRS Tax Return or just her income for last 3 years. I can calculate only my wife income from her W2's.

this is the link of I-864EZ form :: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864EZ.pdf

If you sublit your tax returns for last 3 years, they need to be copy of the actual return which you filed. So, you will need your signatures and your wife's on that. Lot of people do not use tax preparer.

If you did not pay anyone to prepare your return, leave 'PAID PREPARER'S USE ONLY' fields blank.

Its not a problem

If yous wife has made more money than federal poverty guidelines, then its not a problem.

You can put Total (your salary + wife's) in these columns and submits your wife's W2s with it.

If your wife's W2s beat the poverty guidelines, they should not ask for further proof.

Notarized Copies

PunjabDaPuttar:: thanks for your Response. you are really being a great help. couple of more questions to ask you.

1. with I-130 Package, do i need to submit notarized copy of Marraige certificate, notarized copy of sponsor Birth Certificate and Notarized copy of Immigrant Birth certificate, Notarized copy of Sponsor Naturalization certificate??? do i really need to notarized them or i just send copies.

2. same with I-485 Package, do i need to send Notarized copy of Marraige certificate,Notarized copy of Sponsor Birth Certificate, Notarized copy of Immigrant Birth certificate??

Punjabi1

Here you go!

For I-130
You need to prove that relationship is genuine. So for parents, you will need their marriage certificate and your birth certificate which shows that they are you parents. Copy of Naturalization cert to prove that you are eligible to file for your parents.

For I-485
Relationship is already established via I-130. You do not need marriage certficate. You need birth certificate of your parents.

I recommend submitting notarized copies for all documents.

For all my immigration cases I submit copies notarized by notaries who are authorized to notary documents outide India. My parents did not have marriage certificate and birth certificates. So, I got affidavits from relatives and submitted notarized copies to USCIS (INS).
If you do not submit notarized, they can always ask for originals to verify.

Nkumar7,
My wife holds a valid B1/B2 vistor visa now. I'm filling out all required forms to apply green card for her and her daughter from previous marriage. The daughter is 10 yrs old and resides in China.

Confused on following:
1) One I-130 for each alien relative I file; or i can include my step-daughter on item 17 of Part C Info about Your Alien Relative with my wife?
2) On my wife's I-485, need to list myself (a USC) as "spouse" or not?
3) Need to file a separate I-485 for step-daughter? If yes, what Application Type fits, a or b?
4) Need to file a separate G-325A for step-daughter? If so, can my wife sign on this G-325A since step-daughter is a monor?
5) Can I concurrently file I-482 for step-daughter to Follow-to-Join my wife? Or must wait till my wife's green card approved first?
6) As to I-864, need to file a separate one for step-daughter since she's still in China? Or one for both?

All application fees are beyond my imagination so that I will do DIY. Your reply and guidance will be very much appreciated.

**PLEASE HELP ME GUYS**

AOS Thru Marraige
For I-130 , where we need to show proof of ongoing marraige. I am submitting following doc's.

1. joint cell phone bill.
2. joint bank statement.
3. joint federal returns for last 2 years.
4. 2 third party affidavits for our marraige.
5. joint apprtment rent lease document.

Do i also need to submit Pictures . actually we had Marriage Reception in New jersey where we had invited all our friends and relatives ( I have pictures of our reception). then we move to california and after 2 months we registered our marriage at registrar office. we didnt know anybody in california so none of our friend and family member present on that day. person who was registering marraiges become our marraige witness. I dont have any pictures of Marraige Registering Day.

so should i also submit Marraige Reception pictures or whatever docs i am already submitting are enough ?????

thanks
Punjabi1

Do not submit pictures, take them for your interview

In fact, just submit marriage certificate with I-130. When you file I-485 and get an interview, take the bank/credit card statements and other proofs at that time.

**PLEASE HELP ME GUYS**

AOS Thru Marraige
For I-130 , where we need to show proof of ongoing marraige. I am submitting following doc's.

1. joint cell phone bill.
2. joint bank statement.
3. joint federal returns for last 2 years.
4. 2 third party affidavits for our marraige.
5. joint apprtment rent lease document.

Do i also need to submit Pictures . actually we had Marriage Reception in New jersey where we had invited all our friends and relatives ( I have pictures of our reception). then we move to california and after 2 months we registered our marriage at registrar office. we didnt know anybody in california so none of our friend and family member present on that day. person who was registering marraiges become our marraige witness. I dont have any pictures of Marraige Registering Day.

so should i also submit Marraige Reception pictures or whatever docs i am already submitting are enough ?????

thanks
Punjabi1

PunjabDaPuttar:: i am concurrently filing I-130, I-485, I-765,I-131.

I have one question on A# ( Alien Registration Number).
I was on F1 visa before. so i have one expired EAD card which i got during my OPT in 2005. this card has a A#.
so should i put this A# on all forms( I-485,I-130,I-765,I-131) or leave it blank.???

Punjabi1

In fact, just submit marriage certificate with I-130. When you file I-485 and get an interview, take the bank/credit card statements and other proofs at that time.