My interview..plz read everyone even if you're not from nyc.

nyc_nyc_nyc

Registered Users (C)
I mentioned before I had traveling issues I over stayed the 6 months (visiting my husband and IO said she understands my reason for the traveling without me even saying anything as to why I traveled) I still applied due to the exception if you have a relative that you kept contact with..in my case my father mother sister brother, whom are all citizens. At the interview the IO gave me the test I got all of it correct. My English is with a regular American accent since I grew up here, My question is she said I will give it supervisor approval but on the decision letter it says we will mail you about our decision. That's all it say we will mail you..that's where she checked it.. but she said you will get mail in one week. I asked her did I get it she said yes I will do supervisor approval. I dont trust her since she rolled her eyes and popped her eyes when she was speaking about the traveling dates. tell me everyone what do you think and plz tell me have you gotten that checked where it says we will mail you about the decision?

.. I still applied due to the exception if you have a relative that you kept contact with..in my case my father mother sister brother, whom are all citizens.

The use of "immediate relative in US" in 8 C.F.R. 316.5(c)(1)(i) to prove US residential ties means spouse and/or son/daughter. I don't think parents or siblings count under this rule.

I actually asked about this rule they said parents count or at least that is what they said.. I forgot to mention she made me sign my pics.

I wouldn't worry a lot for now. There are quite a few cases that go to supervisor approval, and the track record in this forum is that pretty much all get approved in a few weeks.

I mentioned before I had traveling issues I over stayed the 6 months (visiting my husband and IO said she understands my reason for the traveling without me even saying anything as to why I traveled) I still applied due to the exception if you have a relative that you kept contact with..in my case my father mother sister brother, whom are all citizens. At the interview the IO gave me the test I got all of it correct. My English is with a regular American accent since I grew up here, My question is she said I will give it supervisor approval but on the decision letter it says we will mail you about our decision. That's all it say we will mail you..that's where she checked it.. but she said you will get mail in one week. I asked her did I get it she said yes I will do supervisor approval. I dont trust her since she rolled her eyes and popped her eyes when she was speaking about the traveling dates. tell me everyone what do you think and plz tell me have you gotten that checked where it says we will mail you about the decision?

It seems to ME that you will get an Oath notice soon. Since you have an issue of staying abroad for more than 6 months then officer felt to seek supervisor approval to clean her hands. This issue could go either way depending upon how many times you stayed for that long at oversees...and if there was a compelling reason. USCIS don't see reason of meeting with family members or like this for that long as favorable, nor it cut off the fact that contineous residency is in question. But if you stayed for that long for only once then most officers let it go.

Officer checked the right spot because application is not approved yet especially when this issue needs supervisory approval. So obviously, officer cannot check off the one that says about application being reccommended for approval. Also, officer couldn't tell you anything about your application when you asked because officer didn't know how her supervisor would act upon on this issue. It's not in her hands now. But if you ask me, I would say there is very good chance for you to receive oath notice within a week or so. Nothing to worry at this time especially when you knew beforehand that this could be an issue....

Good luck...
:)

It seems to ME that you will get an Oath notice soon. Since you have an issue of staying abroad for more than 6 months then officer felt to seek supervisor approval to clean her hands. This issue could go either way depending upon how many times you stayed for that long at oversees...and if there was a compelling reason. USCIS don't see reason of meeting with family members or like this for that long as favorable, nor it cut off the fact that contineous residency is in question. But if you stayed for that long for only once then most officers let it go.

Officer checked the right spot because application is not approved yet especially when this issue needs supervisory approval. So obviously, officer cannot check off the one that says about application being reccommended for approval. Also, officer couldn't tell you anything about your application when you asked because officer didn't know how her supervisor would act upon on this issue. It's not in her hands now. But if you ask me, I would say there is very good chance for you to receive oath notice within a week or so. Nothing to worry at this time especially when you knew beforehand that this could be an issue....

Good luck...
:)

thanks I know I have to wait:confused: but I wanted to ask since you guys have had experiences in citizenship.

Sounds like you're going to be ok. I think if the IO had been planning to deny you, she wouldn't have mentioned anything about supervisor approval. More like "I'll have to look at this further" or we'll mail you a decision... something like that.

Sounds like you're going to be ok. I think if the IO had been planning to deny you, she wouldn't have mentioned anything about supervisor approval. More like "I'll have to look at this further" or we'll mail you a decision... something like that.

she never said we will mail you a DECISION but she did check the box we will mail you a decision..she made me sign my photos. reason I'm asking this is also to know do they put in this much effort to just later say sorry try again! cause she sure seemed to be completing everything she even took my fathers 5 years tax+rent lease papers.

she never said we will mail you a DECISION but she did check the box we will mail you a decision.

Well that was kind of my point. :) If she had been undecided, I'm sure she would have said that she wanted more time to review your file. By saying she was waiting for supervisor approval, she indicated either that she was (a) too junior to know any better, or (b) she was fine with the residency and just needed formal signoff. My bet is on for scenario (b).

Well that was kind of my point. :) If she had been undecided, I'm sure she would have said that she wanted more time to review your file. By saying she was waiting for supervisor approval, she indicated either that she was (a) too junior to know any better, or (b) she was fine with the residency and just needed formal signoff. My bet is on for scenario (b).

since my dad took me he asked me what happened and I told him a little less then i have written here. I only told him basic facts to what happened..he said that she might have probably just been saying I will recommend you to let you know its not that easy to just get it since you stayed out. she would probably just approve you on her own. thats just his opinion though. But i do see your point and it's not over till you see the oath letter.

since my dad took me he asked me what happened and I told him a little less then i have written here. I only told him basic facts to what happened..he said that she might have probably just been saying I will recommend you to let you know its not that easy to just get it since you stayed out. she would probably just approve you on her own. thats just his opinion though. But i do see your point and it's not over till you see the oath letter.

I would'nt worry so much, you are very likely to get approved by the supervisor. Good luck!

I wanted to add when i was at the interview the IO without even asking me why i been traveling..told me my reason for travel..as i have mentioned on this forum that i traveled to see my husband and have applied for him(I-130)..could she have known my entire situation just by opening my file and my alien# on her pc?

I wanted to add when i was at the interview the IO without even asking me why i been traveling..told me my reason for travel..as i have mentioned on this forum that i traveled to see my husband and have applied for him(I-130)..could she have known my entire situation just by opening my file and my alien# on her pc?

Yes, the IO could have deduced that from the fact you applied for I-130 and traveled back to your home country and this information is in your case (travel dates and I-130).

thanks for your reply i didnt think about it till later..i was thinking since i never mentioned a single thing how the heck did she know everything! :) she had my old file she was looking and flipping papers so i assumed she checked her computer for the I-130 info but i had to ask you guys.

It's like my IO at interview told me how i applied for GC from looking at case, even though I never told him.It didn't surprise me since they have past immigration data available to them on computer.