Month of MAY filers, here is your thread

Hello everyone,

This is my first post but I have been an avid reader of this forum. This forum has been a great knowledge base for me. I want to thank you everyone for sharing information and providing the help that most of us need so badly both for the right approach to achieve our goals and to have some peace of mind. Thanks !

Anyways, I don't have the exact dates for everything - I am really lazy to keep track of all the dates but in short - I applied for greencard through my wife on May 15th, 2008. Yesterday I had my green card interview, everything went great and today I see the updated status on USCIS web site - "we ordered your production of card, please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you". Sigh of Relief !..YAY !!! This 5 month journey (148 days) has been an incredible experience. For all those people who are going through this process, all I would say is - be patient, be confident and if everything is genuine, there is not a single thing to worry about. You will be there sooner than later. :).

Please feel free to ask any questions if you like, I would try my best to answer them.

Goodluck to you All !!

Cheers !!!

Hello everyone,

Please feel free to ask any questions if you like, I would try my best to answer them.

I'll take you up on your offer!

What questions did they ask you during the interview? Could you go over the interview day in general? What time was it? When did you get there? How long did you have to wait, etc.?

So My wife and I went to the interview today. The distance to the office is just 6 miles from our home, we left at 8:15 knowing it may take 15 minutes, or 30 mins tops with the rush hour traffic. Well... it was a bad traffic day, we got to the USCIS office at 9:01 our appt is 9:00am.

We were quite relaxed, we heard from my wife's friend that the officer asked her (friend) about when the last time they had sex, favorite sex position, etc.. those intimate details...hehehe... not that I was worried to be asked those questions, just feel weird if we really are asked :)

after the usual checkpoint, we went to the second floor room 200 at San Jose DO, dropped off the interview letter on the window. We were called at 9:10am. The officer was really nice, overall it was a pleasant interview. He just review basic stuff, like birthday, address, etc.. where we met, nothing special really. He asked us what we can show him to verify our legitimate marriage, we showed him our wedding picture album, our bank statement, home insurance, home tax bill, which have both our names.

He told us, at the end of the day he will update the application to approve my wife's adjustment of status petition, and we should receive a letter in a week, and after that the card should arrive in 2 weeks after.

so there it is.... it's almost over :)

Thanks TNguy78!

I checked today's USCIS status today, latest update is 10/16/08.

Current Status: Card production ordered.

Yay!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats silicon!

I'm still waiting on the IL. I see you received yours 12 days after your EAD. I got my EAD 10 days ago...I hope I get my IL this weekend! :)

Nothing really big here, but we got 2 letters yesterday from USCIS, one for the I-130 status and the other for I-485.
Basically they are saying that my petition for PR for my spouse is approved, and that we should receive the GC in the mail within 21 days. If we do not get it in 21 days, we need to contact USCIS office.

that is all

:D

Nothing really big here, but we got 2 letters yesterday from USCIS, one for the I-130 status and the other for I-485.
Basically they are saying that my petition for PR for my spouse is approved, and that we should receive the GC in the mail within 21 days. If we do not get it in 21 days, we need to contact USCIS office.

that is all

Congratulations!

that is all

Oh... is that all... :D

Congratulations!

interview

I posted my interview experience as a new thread (http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=288441). Basically, it went fine! Now I am waiting for the GC itself. The officer told me it could take more than 6 weeks! I hope not.

If anyone has any questions about the interview that I didn't mention in the link above, please feel free to ask me.

Good luck to everyone!

Does anybody know why i have not get any respond on either my I-130 or I-485? They were received in May 13th, 08. I already got my EAD.

Does anybody know why i have not get any respond on either my I-130 or I-485? They were received in May 13th, 08. I already got my EAD.

The fact you got the EAD means your application is moving, someone must have taken a look at your 485 and 130 application. Why don't you go make an infopass appt?

Hi I'm a new poster. Here is my timeline below. My application is being handled by the National Benifits Center location. We live in Los Angeles.

Married to USC 04/19/2008
05/01/08: Sent packages I-130/I-485/I-765
05/11/08: RD Day 00
05/15/08: ND Day 04
05/23/08: FP appt letter received Day 12
06/07/08: FP appt Day 27
07/18/08: I-765 EAD Card production ordered Day 68
07/28/08: I-765 EAD Card Recieved Day 78

I haven't recieved an Interview yet, and its day 178!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any other May filers not recieved their IL yet? Is Los Angeles normally slower than everyone else?