Changing employement

HelloAmerica

Registered Users (C)
HI i am changing employement and i want apply for new TN for that.
Can i apply by E-File or by mail or by going to border.
I heard by e file its easy to get approval that going to border.
How far its true?
Pls advice me.

E-fileing or mail will cost your $1300 and at least 2 weeks wait. Going to the border costs the trip only plus $56, and you get it tomorrow.

That's true

Ur right but at border it depends on consular and he might give tough time to approve the visa where as with efile(premium Processing) certainly i will get good reponse.I am just thinking like this but i dont know how far am true.
For travel it costs me the same amount as premium processing.
The new employer is willing either way but i have to select method where i must get visa approval without any problem.

correction....

You do not go to consulate to get a TN.

Nelsona, I think HelloAmerica was refering to an INS officer as a "consular" :)

see m-w.com definition of consular which shows that a "consular is...an official appointed by a government..." :cool:

It's all good though...:D

Understood, he is also using the incorrect term VISA, which, since he already has a TN, he ought to know better.

And I don't know of any $1250 flights to canada or mexico from anywhere in US.

Also,What are the possible rejection chances at the port if you go in person ? it happened to me "when I was first time flying from Toronto".Also Is it possible if you go to INS office in your city of stay or any nearest available office.

For any entry status, you need to be entering US, so, no, you can't go to a local CIS office. It's either a POE, or if flying to US from canada, PFI at the Cdn airport.

Hi

why there is a discussion on consular for TN.
I was just asking you guys which method is easy to get approval bcs at the border they might ask questions and try to give hard time to approve TN.
Try to get principle out of my statements and not to have discussions which is not worth.

Your message is noted and will certainly imapct any future assistance (what you call noise) you get form me.

Well since you know you can't start working until you get the new TN status, then "easiest" can mean differnent things.

Border
Pro:
- Fast
- Cheap

Con:
- Location (if you do not live near a border or airport to fly out of the US and back into),
- Fear of border agents when you have possible issues with your TN history/education/job description etc. that you may be denied.

Mail/Efile
Pro:
- No face to face fear when ones TN is on border line status

Con:
- Not fast (more expensive the faster you want it)
- Expensive

There are just some things to consider, sure there's a lot more...