Gandhigiri option for Name check clearance - what you do think

myitneeds

Registered Users (C)
All

Thee are lot of people impacted by delayed Name check clearnace....in gC approval....

As per latest statistics around 329,000 + are still pending/awaiting for clearnce......

How about sending flowers(Gandhigiri) to FBI/Name check agencey for Name check clearnace ? May be they expedite/improve their process....Just thought about it..

what do you all think ?

thanks

Guys. Gandhigiri (even though seems to be an effective idea) never ever helps.

Everyone nows we dint get freedom because of Gandhigiri, nor that the USCIS relented because of it.
It only works in movies. Get real and start the process of calling the senator or congressmen to get your thing moving.

neo

In a post-9/11 world - security check is the new buzzword....for national security....I would say that's the reason why it will not work....But, you are welcome to try it...If 1000 applicants send $20 flowers each...you may manage to end up getting an article in Washingtonpost and New York Times...

And, as if there were not enought articles on namecheck pending tied delays in newspapers...I am tired of seeing 2-3 articles on FBI's delays every month....BUT TILL DATE - NO CHANGE...

I would say try a Writ of Mandamus lawsuit........most of these articles - they focus on group of people who successfully sued USCIS and got out of namecheck....(mostly for Citizenship cases)

Totally agree >>> And who know too many of these USCIS can start a flower business on the side :)

Guys. Gandhigiri (even though seems to be an effective idea) never ever helps.

Everyone nows we dint get freedom because of Gandhigiri, nor that the USCIS relented because of it.
It only works in movies. Get real and start the process of calling the senator or congressmen to get your thing moving.

neo

I say stop watching stupid movies. Kidding :) I concur with rollingstone. Write to your rep.

Guys we got to do something

I have been stuck in Namecheck for 2 years. Can we all get together and send them a Baseball cap/hat that reads "Legal but Name check pending" or something that is funny not offensive but that will get everyones attention. May be they may be donating that to some hospital / mental instituations - but who cares as long as our message gets attention

Guys I thought initially the flower thing arranged by a guy for the July Visa fiasco was a Joke. See now, that was the guy who made the visa bulletion to be restored.

Please let me know guys - It will be 5$ each - Let us setup some paypal account or let us call in one organizer outside of this group and get organized and send Sept 3rd the Labor day which can get most people attentions.

If it comes in atleast 3-4 major news papers and channels , guys they would get this system fixed.

Please support. Please suggest. I am ready.

I say stop watching stupid movies. Kidding :) I concur with rollingstone. Write to your rep.

Write to your rep.

Been there, done that. Neither congressional representative nor Ombudsman were helpful at all. They just open a SR, and then say sorry, your NC is pending, nothing can be done about it. I think sending flowers won't help either. What may help is a massive class action suit.

i am for the flowers sending to uscis
i sent mails to senator,local congressman,FL,FBI , ombusdsman and all the things
still no approval for me

i think its better idea to follow
even if we sent some 40 or 50 flowers that will be good sign
let us know who is interested

rightnow

myitneeds
zzzz4zzzz
cubiclefun
koku1
p235

please update here so that we can do something for this coming labor day

Security is two side sword

Here is the solution.USCIS chants security issue.Let the immigrants chant security threat too. Let some washinton post or LA times post an article that it takes years to check the credential of an immigratns and during these period they are threat to USA.It will highlight the need to speed up the name check issue.Never say to senator your name check is pending, say USA is at risk due to delay in name check of potential terrorist and see the fun.They will clear the name check faster.

In a post-9/11 world - security check is the new buzzword....for national security....I would say that's the reason why it will not work....But, you are welcome to try it...If 1000 applicants send $20 flowers each...you may manage to end up getting an article in Washingtonpost and New York Times...

And, as if there were not enought articles on namecheck pending tied delays in newspapers...I am tired of seeing 2-3 articles on FBI's delays every month....BUT TILL DATE - NO CHANGE...

I would say try a Writ of Mandamus lawsuit........most of these articles - they focus on group of people who successfully sued USCIS and got out of namecheck....(mostly for Citizenship cases)

Been there, done that. Neither congressional representative nor Ombudsman were helpful at all. They just open a SR, and then say sorry, your NC is pending, nothing can be done about it. I think sending flowers won't help either. What may help is a massive class action suit.

I don't mean a congressional inquiry on a particular case would be helpful. But multiple complaints from the same district/state might draw some attention.

What Congressmen/senator/or any elected official would push FBI to expedite ALL the backlogged NC's after 9/11?
It would be almost a political harakiri.
For any elected official, this favor to a very small fraction of immigrants (no more than 100,000 nation wide) has all the risk and almost no benefits.

I can see the opponents political add "Congress Joe Blow pushed EFF BEE EYE to clear background checks on many immigrants. He put the nation at risk to get few extra votes. Do you want to re-elect Joe?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Class action route has been explored and found to be difficult/impossible. See namechecktracker yahoogroup.

how to find out name check is pending?

I want to check my name check status. Is there any ph no. that I can call ?

Thanks

I think flowers with notes that Nation is at risky because of prolonged pending NC cases... Please process the NC faster to make the nation a safe place... In otherwords, expedite the pending NC cases of Employment Based Legal immigrants...

crazy but might be good ?

How about a class action lawsuit in public interest saying that the delay of name checks will lead to security issues.. and it affects the common man if there are security breaches. so this needs to be expedited to address people's concerns.

I read news on NC how USCIS/FBI process from a Tape.. ( no one manually does checking by A # or Name by Name...

IF some of the applications name's struck in first filter... they have to go through rigoursly in different systems ( they are not integreated DB or software )... like criminal/civil/gangs/cyber crimes/international crime db/DUI/s** offenders etc..( there are about 10 DB )...which is laborious...

bottom line is Agency lacking integrated software which can do quickly in integrated envrionment....