B1 to H1b status change inthe US-first time h1b stamping

pria01

Hi all,

I wanted to get some clarification re: H1b Stamping. I came to the US on a B1/B2 visa abt 2 years back and then changed my status to H1b while in the US. I am now planning to get the H1B Stamping done at the Toronto Consulate.

I recently got married. My husband is also on H1b, however his passport is stamped. Also, I have a Masters degree from UK.

I would like to understand if there are any chances of rejection or a reason for the consulate to refer my case to the home country. Are you aware if these kind of cases (B1 to H1) are granted h1b stamping given all documents are in place.

It will be great if anyone can share their experience re:status conversion from B1 to H1 amd stamping.

Any help on this matter will be appreciated...

Thank you,

Hi...does any one has any experience at the US Consulate in Toronto, to stamp h1b, when status is converted while being in the US ??

Hi all,

I wanted to get some clarification re: H1b Stamping. I came to the US on a B1/B2 visa abt 2 years back and then changed my status to H1b while in the US. I am now planning to get the H1B Stamping done at the Toronto Consulate.

I recently got married. My husband is also on H1b, however his passport is stamped. Also, I have a Masters degree from UK.

I would like to understand if there are any chances of rejection or a reason for the consulate to refer my case to the home country. Are you aware if these kind of cases (B1 to H1) are granted h1b stamping given all documents are in place.

It will be great if anyone can share their experience re:status conversion from B1 to H1 amd stamping.

Any help on this matter will be appreciated...

Thank you,

Hello -
I also have the same situation and need your help if you have any further details on this issue. I also wanted to visit India or Vancouver for VISA stamping.

Hello Jason,

I would like to know whether I can search for a job while on B2 visa. And if an employer wants to file a petition for me, can I get my H1 visa stamped on my passport while in the USA or I will have to come back to mu country for stamping it. Can I stamp in from a third country like Canada. Your opinion is highly appreciated. Thanks

Once can look for a job while on B-2 status, but of course they cannot work on B-2 status.
All visa issuance takes place outside the US. Ideally one should go to his/her country of normal residence for first time H-1B visa issuance. Some US consulate may not entertain third country applicants.

I would like to know whether I can search for a job while on B2 visa. And if an employer wants to file a petition for me, can I get my H1 visa stamped on my passport while in the USA or I will have to come back to mu country for stamping it. Can I stamp in from a third country like Canada.

I would like to know whether I can search for a job while on B2 visa.

State Dept examples of activities permitted with a visitor visa:
  • tourism
  • vacation (holiday)
  • visit with friends or relatives
  • medical treatment
  • participation in social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations
  • participation by amateurs in musical, sports, or similar events or contests, if not being paid for participating
  • enrollment in a short recreational course of study, not for credit toward a degree (for example, a two-day cooking class while on vacation)