OCI - San Francisco Tracker

My application says that it has been granted and docs sent from India. Do I still need to send the driver's license?

damn...this is not listed in the FAQ section where too they list what's needed. Don't know why they can't keep it consistent at all places.
http://www.cgisf.org/oc/OCI_FAQS.html

Keeping my fingers crossed and see where it goes....

http://www.cgisf.org/oc/oci_process.html#reservations

On this page just below where it mention in bold Current US/ foreign Passport in original

alternatively you can go to http://www.cgisf.org -> consular services (in the left column) -> Overseas Citizen of India -> The Process -> What is Required (4th requirement).

Hi,
Do we need to send all previously canceled Indian passports, or just the latest one which was not stamped canceled along with the OCI application ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also did not send any additional documents like address proof. So far I have not been asked for any. and per tracker, documents have been dispatched from Delhi.

OCI App Status : SFO : Family
02/04/2010: Mailed
02/05/2010: Delivered
02/20/2010: Acknowledged
02/23/2010: Registration Granted
02/23/2010: Photo/Sign Scanned
02/23/2010: Doc Printing Status - Printed
02/25/2010: Doc Dispatched
?????: Doc Received at SFO
?????: Passport/OCI Rcvd

Hi,

I did not send any proof of residence. My documents were dispatched on Feb 23 but the status has not changed since. I am wondering if the documents have reached SF or not. I am getting worried as our flight to India is March 24.

01/25/2010: Mailed
01/27/2010: Delivered
02/18/2010: Acknowledged
02/19/2010: Registration Granted
02/19/2010: Photo/Sign Scanned
02/19/2010: Doc Printing Status - Printed
02/23/2010: Doc Dispatched

Few questions about CGI SF OCI Application

Hi,
I am in the process of applying for OCI at the SFO office and a few questions:

1. What does it mean when the partA is filled and it says that info saved in database (with some id generated) ?
I ask because I filled partA more than once (due to incorrect info typed in first trial). Is this an issue ?
2. Should the partA and B be printed single-sided or double sided ?
3. Instructions say: "All documents should be submitted in two individual sets for all the applicants. Each set should comprise of Part A, Part B and supporting documents."
- So do I understand it right that for 3 applicants, I will have to have a total of 6 copies of address
proof, and other such supporting docs ?
4. For a doc with multiple pages (say lease agreement), should each individual page of the document be self attested, or one signature per doc per copy ?
5. Do the photo-copies need to be in color, or color/bw does not matter ?

Thanks,
cd

I am in the process of applying for OCI at the SFO office and a few questions:

1. What does it mean when the partA is filled and it says that info saved in database (with some id generated) ?
I ask because I filled partA more than once (due to incorrect info typed in first trial). Is this an issue ?

... You can enter as many times as you need to figure out the process. Only after they receive your paper file, they look at the database.

2. Should the partA and B be printed single-sided or double sided ?

... Single sided.

3. Instructions say: "All documents should be submitted in two individual sets for all the applicants. Each set should comprise of Part A, Part B and supporting documents."
- So do I understand it right that for 3 applicants, I will have to have a total of 6 copies of address proof, and other such supporting docs ?

... YES. You are killing trees, but that's what is asked of you.

4. For a doc with multiple pages (say lease agreement), should each individual page of the document be self attested, or one signature per doc per copy ?

... Sign all pages.

5. Do the photo-copies need to be in color, or color/bw does not matter ?

...Does not matter.

Thanks sanjoseaug20.

Followup questions:
1. About the single sided, does it also apply to the supporting docs e.g. lease agreements. I guess that could be double-sided ?

2. Also, is the birth-certificate required only for foreign born child ? Or also for applicants with Indian passport ?

3. This one sounds a dumb question: How do I include a self addressed pre-paid USPS express mail envelop ?
I thought the envelop is of standard size. So if I send my docs using this envelop, the self addressed envelop wouldn't fit.
Pretty dump ehh!

1. About the single sided, does it also apply to the supporting docs e.g. lease agreements. I guess that could be double-sided ?

... I do not think there is a published rule. But go single sided ... I have seen how they keep / process files @ MHA. They are not going to bend the file to read / check the other side.

2. Also, is the birth-certificate required only for foreign born child ? Or also for applicants with Indian passport ?

... BC ... I do not recall supplying that for myself, but for my kids - YES.

3. This one sounds a dumb question: How do I include a self addressed pre-paid USPS express mail envelop ?
I thought the envelop is of standard size. So if I send my docs using this envelop, the self addressed envelop wouldn't fit.

No Idea ... I picked up from MHA so did not delve into this. There are many other threads discussing envelopes and fees ... my recollection was either you pay them money, or send them the envelope. Also, the envelopes are of various sizes - if you are sending 300 pages of documents, that will require a giant envelope, but returning passports does not require a big envelope.

our documents were dispatched on 2/17 and were acknowledged on 3/5. I think your's will too in the next few days. Thx

Hi,

I did not send any proof of residence. My documents were dispatched on Feb 23 but the status has not changed since. I am wondering if the documents have reached SF or not. I am getting worried as our flight to India is March 24.

01/25/2010: Mailed
01/27/2010: Delivered
02/18/2010: Acknowledged
02/19/2010: Registration Granted
02/19/2010: Doc Printing Status - Printed

Hi,
I see that some folks here send all their docs at one shot (including original passports), while others wait until a certain part in the process. My questions:

1. Given that no urgent travel planned in the next 2-3 months, which one is recommended (and will be faster) ?
2. Does any part of OCI application allow delivery or pickup of docs directly from the SF consulate ?
I know that the original application cannot be filed in person. WHat about sending/picking up passport/oci cards ?

Thanks,
cd

Questions about Part B:

Should one Part-B have info of all applicants, and then make two copies per applicant ? OR
One part-B info per applicant and two copies of it ?

Also, instructions at the end of partB says that the "thumb impression to be used for minors, parent should 'not' sign."
I do not see any box for thumb impression in partB.
The minor's section states 'Signature of first applicant..."
Is the thumb impressions for partA or partB ?

Address of Employer: Are they asking for Employers for Minor(s) to which one says NA ? Or am I reading the form incorrectly ?

4. Where is the official place to get a soft copy of partB ? (It says it can be 'typed').

Hi

I did not send any proof of residence either. My documents too were dispatched Feb 23 and status is same. I emailed OCI cell in SF on March 4 but did not get a response

02/02/2010: Mailed
02/03/2010: Delivered
02/19/2010: Acknowledged
02/20/2010: Registration Granted
02/22/2010: Doc Printing Status - Printed

OCI Tracking

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know. It is a relief that I am not the only one. It seems they have not even updated the scroll since Feb 26. Can you please let me know if you hear anything back from SF Consulate? Thanks. :)

Hi

I did not send any proof of residence either. My documents too were dispatched Feb 23 and status is same. I emailed OCI cell in SF on March 4 but did not get a response

02/02/2010: Mailed
02/03/2010: Delivered
02/19/2010: Acknowledged
02/20/2010: Registration Granted
02/22/2010: Doc Printing Status - Printed